Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a list at home of all accounts and passwords and my husband knows where it is, my husband could easily access my icloud if need be

Good perspective on being a local. Is this an "affluent" area?

I don't know this area super well, I am located two counties south. However, much of Norrhtern California (north of Sacramento) is rural outside of Redding and Chico. You get a mix of both poorer areas of large ranches. I think Mountain Gate could be a mix of both. Off of Sunrise Drive and Sundust I see both single-family mini-ranchette type properties but you will also likely find mobile homes, trailers, etc. Just depends on the area.

<snipped by me>
I know it sounds bad and jaded but people respond differently when they know that the husband/BF has been cleared. They search more, they donate more, they share more, they give money for reward funds and such, maybe it shouldn't be that way but it is. The longer LE doesn't clear him officially, the longer it will go on that public opinion will turn against husband and they won't want to "help" . It's just the way it is.
When Ce went missing, there was a few comments in the beginning about Josh on SM but they immediately stopped when LE officially announced he was cleared, and then EVERY focus was on finding her. The public came out in droves. I don't think people are "turning" on the family per se but they are asking questions now that need to be asked. Why won't LE clear him publicly? This really DOES AFFECT how people react. If LE hasn't cleared the husband, I would not give money to support him while she is missing. I wouldn't. That might make me a bad person but i am being honest.

This is why I really hope LE gives an update today. I think the family would hope so too. I think Bosenko needs to make a statement whether or not Keith has been cleared. It will help on the FB page. On GMA this morning, they stated the search radius was up to 6 miles. I think this was a statement by the Family and not LE. I would like to know what search radius LE is considering.

That's because he tracked it by using the find my iPhone app.

I probably would have done the same thing.

I see nothing wrong with the way he did things.

Jmo

Agreed. I don't use the 'Find my iphone' app often but my husband and I sometimes use 'Find Friends.' It allows me to see if my husband will be working late or still on the job-site or whatever and get a better idea of when he will be home without me having to constantly check-in via text when he is busy and can't really be texting. It works for us - especially during a busy time of year. I don't have to constantly wonder when I should start dinner, etc. Being how rural this area is, if the phone locater was showing near OOT and Sunrise, it wouldn't be that difficult to look around that area and find the phone, IMO.

Papini added that he traced his wife’s cellphone using an app that tracks lost phones and found the device on the side of a road.

If he used 'find my phone' it would have to be configured to find his wife's phone.

It would have to be registered to her account to use the app.

He would have had to log in to her
icloud account in order use 'find my phone'.

Do husbands usually know their wife's password to their icloud account?

Just food for thought..

I use the app all the time to see where my husband is. (I can see how that sounds bad with no context.) It started when my oldest daughter was younger and I would tell her that Daddy's plane had just landed and she'd race to the front door and wait. It's a 30 min drive so in order to not have her standing at the door forever I'd keep an eye on his progress and she'd run out to meet him as he drove up.

All we had to do was change a setting and all of our devices can be found. We set up a Family iCloud.

About the "clearing" part. It has now been six days. The immediate suspect would be the spouse of course. That's just the way it goes. It has been 6 days and he has not been cleared. LE has not said, we can account for the husbands time when she went missing. Co-workers, gas station workers, cameras , etc. have shown that husband was no where near home. They have not done that. In 6 days, I'm sure they've talked to all his co-workers but that obviously has not cleared him. That bugs me. IF he could be involved, I would think the timeline of where he was AFTER she was seen by a neighbor on the road (2PM) and then end of day. So, I would want to know that the husband can be accounted for from 1:30-PM to 5:51 PM when he called 911. I would also like to hear the 911 call.

Re-read the SCSO press releases. The 11-4-16 release does not say "husband, or spouse", just "family". I'm probably reading way too much into the releases.
https://www.facebook.com/permalink....89968915&id=1527637610823075&substory_index=0

I've seen cases where the spouse/SO is cleared within a day or two. Other times, LE never publicly clears them but solves the case and they were not involved. They will say something like, "Bob is fully cooperating with our investigation". LE protocols vary so much case to case.

Also, just because he was at work and has an alibi, does not mean he couldn't have been indirectly involved, KWIM?

Maybe his phone was in his car and when he was finished with the job he checked it? Thinking.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Wow.
I question if he had his phone that day. He said he "usually" doesn't , not that he didn't have it.
Also, if the norm was for him to not bring it in why would she text him?
He has certainly said a lot to be analyzed.

why would husband use app before calling her on the phone?
Upon getting home from work, Keith realized no one was present so he used the Find My iPhone app and located his wife's phone on the ground where she was running, but no other signs of Sherri were visible.

Wow.
I question if he had his phone that day. He said he "usually" doesn't , not that he didn't have it.
Also, if the norm was for him to not bring it in why would she text him?
He has certainly said a lot to be analyzed.

Yes, why would she ever have texted him at that number, if he usually did not take that phone to work with him ?

Papini added that he traced his wife&#8217;s cellphone using an app that tracks lost phones and found the device on the side of a road.

If he used 'find my phone' it would have to be configured to find his wife's phone.

Just food for thought..

My husband and I share an iCloud account (password and all), so our phones are linked on "Find my iPhone". I can go into the app right now and tell you where his phone is with no effort. That could be the case with Sherri and her husband. Just fwiw......

It is entirely up to the responsible LE Agency, in this case the Shasta County Sheri Dept, as to what information, if any, is to be released. Naming POIs or clearing people is at the discretion of who ever is in charge of the investigation. Sometimes it is driven by agency policy or personal preference but often it is tactical. They will disclose whatever information they think will advance the investigation. Sometimes they will "clear" someone they believe is involved; perhaps to get them of their guard. We should not read too much into the failure to clear the husband .

I wouldn't be concerned about what her husband is thinking , regarding people's doubts about him.
If he's innocent-- the only concern he'll have is finding her ! THE ONLY ISSUE for him.

We post and discuss here at WS because that's the reason for joining-- the main reason for myself to be a member is to discuss in depth about cases and also because I was tired of trying to read/post on some msm sites that continuously deleted posts that didn't agree with their narrative.
Not going to 'name names' but one news site in particular was glaringly bad for deleting all posts and leaving one or two that agreed with their articles. :silly:

If someone took her and harmed her or worse ... hope they find out and justice is served !!

I can't find the post. Did it say SAR dogs found no scent on the road where the phone was found? That would be so odd.

2 pages back:

SABBM

https://www.facebook.com/FindSherri/

According to a post in this link-- dogs were used the night of her disappearance. Apparently they found no scent.
fwiw.
MOO

ETA: On that page the FIL answers as below:

Commenter: have the police used dogs at all to pick up the scent?

FIL REPLY: According to the reports I've received from the family, yes.

I get that with so much technology available to us that tracking the phone first isn't that strange. So when he found the phone, did he call the PD from the location and leave the phone where it was? It just seems that would be a huge red flag that something may have happened. So I would be interested in that information.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

How come the police are not calling this an abduction yet?

Papini added that he traced his wife’s cellphone using an app that tracks lost phones and found the device on the side of a road.

Just food for thought..

I know how to find my husbands phone and he knows how to find mine, with that app, because my absent minded DH has lost his a few times. And he has to use my cell app to look for his phone. So I think it makes perfect sense he might know how to do that. jmo

Don't joggers usually secure their phones when they are running with an arm band?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee