Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, this is a suspicious statement. She would not text him knowing that he does not bring his phone on the job. I am looking at the husband!

Unless he leaves his personal phone in his car and then checks it when he leaves for lunch. If that is the case, she could've known about his routine and expected him to reply when he was available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is what I'm thinking, she was taken on some other road and the perpetual discarded her personal stuff in an entire different area.

Jmo

Like in Holly Bobo's tragic abduction...

If she was taken by vehicle, would her scent just suddenly stop?

I live in norcal about 1 hr from where this occured. For those not familiar with surrounding areas of Redding area there is lots of sketchy areas in the boondocks. My husband is a firefighter and has been stationed in these areas and when I told him about this case he said "she is probably in some sketchy place with the weirdos who live out there". There are so many areas she could have been taken to and plenty of oddball people out there. Just my 2 cents

Nice to see another firefighter wife on the forum. :)

UPDATE, 12:53 p.m.
Days combing the woods have turned up little to nothing in the way of clues, so the family of missing woman Sherri Papini is refocusing its efforts to a news and social media campaign aimed at finding the 34-year-old mother they believe is likely out of the area by now.

"I think we exhausted the resources that we have out here to search for her," said Sheila Koester, Papini's sister. "We are trying to reach out to national news and social media networks ... We feel that it's moved to where she's been taken from this area, and everyone in the nation needs to be looking."

So far, the strategy seems to be working in terms of awareness -- Papini's disappearance has been covered by state and national news outlets and even in the United Kingdom.

The mysterious disappearance of Papini while jogging in daylight Wednesday has baffled the community and Koester alike.

"The frustrating part is that we feel like we still are going on nothing," Koester said.
http://www.redding.com/news/local/S...tives-in-Sherri-Papini-search--400291581.html

Unless he leaves his personal phone in his car and then checks it when he leaves for lunch. If that is the case, she could've known about his routine and expected him to reply when he was available.

YES. That's what my son does. And his wife texts his cell and he replies within the hour, when he is able to check his messages.

What about cases, such as William Tyrell, for instance, where dogs follow a scent to the road, and then nothing? Investigators said it indicated he was taken in a vehicle. Are you saying that is not necessarily true?

I didn't follow his case - but yes, that sounds likely if they follow a trail and then it disappears at a road.

But that's what happened in the Leann Bearden case, too. Dogs strongly followed her scent to a specific intersection and then it dropped completely, leading LE to think she had been picked up.

But she hadn't. She had gone the complete opposite way, was no where near that intersection, and her remains were in a patch of brush about a mile from her home, that she had walked to.

I disagree, I believe he was NOT telling the truth. I did not like the fact that he said " I will come there". I am thinking, come there where?

He was not faking, those were real tears.

Jmo

The shocking nature of a young mother's disappearance in Mountain Gate has the Shasta County Sheriff's Office dedicating nearly all its investigators to the case, a lieutenant said today, as well as some Redding Police Department detectives.

Sherri Papini, 34, has been missing since she went for a jog Wednesday afternoon in the Mountain Gate area near Sunrise Drive.

Lt. Anthony Bertain said that, while all missing persons cases are important, the particularly suspicious nature of Papini's disappearance has his office dedicating just about every employee it can to the case, including some from the police department.

"We have worked all weekend; we have our entire major crimes unit, just about, dedicated inbetween some of the other cases that we've got," he said. "Just based on the way the circumstances of this investigation kicked off, we're handling this still as a missing person at risk. There is some urgency of trying to find Sherri Papini and return her to her family."
http://www.redding.com/news/local/S...tives-in-Sherri-Papini-search--400291581.html

Why no searches at this time?

I find it interesting as well. It makes me wonder if LE knows something and they feel that another search in the area is a waste of time.

The shocking nature of a young mother's disappearance in Mountain Gate has the Shasta County Sheriff's Office dedicating nearly all its investigators to the case, a lieutenant said today, as well as some Redding Police Department detectives.

Sherri Papini, 34, has been missing since she went for a jog Wednesday afternoon in the Mountain Gate area near Sunrise Drive.

Lt. Anthony Bertain said that, while all missing persons cases are important, the particularly suspicious nature of Papini's disappearance has his office dedicating just about every employee it can to the case, including some from the police department.

"We have worked all weekend; we have our entire major crimes unit, just about, dedicated inbetween some of the other cases that we've got," he said. "Just based on the way the circumstances of this investigation kicked off, we're handling this still as a missing person at risk. There is some urgency of trying to find Sherri Papini and return her to her family."

You REALLY get the impression there's something they're not saying, don't you? Like, evidence of depression, withdrawal from a bank account, etc.

I'm curious about the "chunks of hair" that were reported in the missing flyer to be located at the scene - is that just a misunderstanding or misreporting?

I have to go back and find a link. There was "some hair" tangled in the headset. That's way different than "chunks" of hair.

I will be stunned if it turns out the husband did it, because he sounds/looks absolutely heartbroken over this.

I really don't think he would have the time to pull this off and make her vanish esp. Since the neighbors saw her jogging etc.

Jmo

Papini added that he traced his wife’s cellphone using an app that tracks lost phones and found the device on the side of a road.

If he used 'find my phone' it would have to be configured to find his wife's phone.

It would have to be registered to her account to use the app.

He would have had to log in to her
icloud account in order use 'find my phone'.

Do husbands usually know their wife's password to their icloud account?

Just food for thought..

If you have family sharing then that would be a normal thing. My husband and I can search for each other's phones if our location settings are on. We have family sharing along with our children.

I have a list at home of all accounts and passwords and my husband knows where it is, my husband could easily access my icloud if need be

Same with me and my husband.

That is what I'm thinking, she was taken on some other road and the perpetual discarded her personal stuff in an entire different area.

Jmo

Which is also why LE said they are not going to continue searching the area her phone and ear buds were found in. Good thought iluvmua.

If you have family sharing then that would be a normal thing. My husband and I can search for each other's phones if our location settings are on. We have family sharing along with our children.

This may not be prudent, but each person in this thread who has said they have set up family sharing has also stated they use it with their kids too.

Given that the children in this family are very young and therefore the parents wouldn't be tracking them with their devices, I'm still not entirely sold on the idea that they would have shared device location on. It's definitely not something that would occur to my partner and I and we are pretty tech savvy. A message when possible usually suffices.

However I don't see this as a massive indicator of anything either.... I certainly know what my partner's password is to everything and vice versa... I could take a pretty educated guess at getting into any accounts required.

I'm holding back in judgement, so please don't see anything I'm writing as a judgement. I'm just throwing around ideas and theories... as is the purpose of the forum.

It was stated that scent dogs picked up no scent at the phone location. If that is true, she may not have been there at all, which means the phone was planted there by someone else to throw off LE. It took a while before LE called William Tyrell's case an abduction ... he just vanished into thin air.

She could have been grabbed and put in a vehicle elsewhere, then her phone was tossed out of the vehicle window as he/they drove. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman