Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They should check the cell phone further. If the find my iphone app was active, or some fitness tracker, mapping app, etc... The gps tracking may show her path and exactly how the phone got to the spot it was found.

I don't like this video. That is just my gut reaction. Going to watch the other video interview....Thanks, Knox.

I'll link them on the same post ...

http://www.krcrtv.com/news/local/sh...issing-wife-ask-for-her-safe-return/145248010
At .13 seconds, there is an evidence photo. It would appear the husband did not move evidence, but left in place and called LE?

http://abcnews.go.com/US/husband-mi...erri-papini-thinks-abducted/story?id=43348426

I believe the interviews were done on the same day.

They should check the cell phone further. If the find my iphone app was active, or some fitness tracker, mapping app, etc... The gps tracking may show her path and exactly how the phone got to the spot it was found.

Of course they will be.

The phone situation isn't a red flag IMO. My husband has 2 phones. One is a work phone that is supplied and paid for by his company for all work related stuff. His personal phone is just that. It contains our family photos and music and what not on it. I text him on both phones all the time depending where he is because there are lots of times where he won't bring his personal phone to work simply because he won't need it. When I text him, sometimes I mix the two up and send a text to the wrong one. It's a simple mistake I have made countless times so that's why I wouldn't put any weight into why she texted his personal phone if he was at work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will be stunned if it turns out the husband did it, because he sounds/looks absolutely heartbroken over this.

I really don't think he would have the time to pull this off and make her vanish esp. Since the neighbors saw her jogging etc.

Jmo
SABBM

Sounds like she was a creature of habit... in which case there were neighbors who knew her routine.
Have they spoken to those who saw her that day ?

Off-topic but not really : Ladies, please DO NOT jog or walk on any public roads by yourself !
Take some friends or buy a jogger/ellipse and do it at home.
I used to think having a dog with you would keep you safe-- but not so sure about that. :(

http://www.krcrtv.com/news/local/sh...issing-wife-ask-for-her-safe-return/145248010

his comments start at 48 seconds. He seems very believable to me.

I'm going to keep my thoughts to myself on this one, only because sleuthing him is not allowed and there is such a fine line here between asking questions and sleuthing. I've been a sleuther all of my adult life, criminal justice major, sat face to face with a serial killer as I interviewed him. Mark Hacking and Scott Peterson shed an awful lot of tears and I didn't believe them, either. I am keeping an open mind, and pray she is found soon. It's just heartbreaking.

I'll link them on the same post ...

At .13 seconds, there is an evidence photo. It would appear the husband did not move evidence, but left in place and called LE?

http://abcnews.go.com/US/husband-mi...erri-papini-thinks-abducted/story?id=43348426

I believe the interviews were done on the same day.

this statement really bothers me: "If she is listening I want to say, 'We are trying, we are trying the best we can and I am sorry I'm not there',."

he could have used her phone to text himself

I too think that things are being construed as varying stories when really it is just misinformation. We see this ALL THE TIME - especially in early stages. Additionally, I will admit that our local media is much like many other small market media groups which frankly don't have the best reporting.

I think the details of Sherri and Keith's day are probably so well known to the immediate friends/family that many details haven't been explicitly stated such as the specifics of daycare drop off/ pickup, normal lunch routine, cell phone and texting, etc.

It sounds like he got a call from daycare at 5pm saying the kids hadn't been picked up yet. He had his mom go get them while he went home to see what had happened for Sherri not to have picked them up. He finds her car at home but not her - then begins the search for her and thereby her phone. I don't think it has been stated in MSM yet whether he called her to try to find her or not. So I guess we can't assume either way.

Do I have all that right? The whole day care situation doesn't feel hinky to me. It tells me he immediately knew something was not right

I'm going to keep my thoughts to myself on this one, only because sleuthing him is not allowed and there is such a fine line here between asking questions and sleuthing. I've been a sleuther all of my adult life, criminal justice major, sat face to face with a serial killer as I interviewed him. Mark Hacking and Scott Peterson shed an awful lot of tears and I didn't believe them, either. I am keeping an open mind, and pray she is found soon. It's just heartbreaking.

Oh, I had forgotten about Mark Hacking.

I am always the first one to point a finger at the husband/sig. other. But this time, I don't have that same feeling....... I don't know why.

Oh, I had forgotten about Mark Hacking.

I am always the first one to point a finger at the husband/sig. other. But this time, I don't have that same feeling....... I don't know why.

That's how I am too. This time though- if it turns out that he's involved he should win an Oscar. Scott Peterson was a terrible actor.

I didn't believe Hacking or Peterson from the beginning......no doubt, period.
I'm on the fence with this case, though leaning towards not convinced by the tears. I watched the video numerous times, with sound and without, and came away with an uncomfortable gut feeling about him. He seemed controlling to me, but it could just be him trying to rein in his emotions.

Does anybody know if he would come home on most days, for lunch?

I wonder how often he came home for lunch? I am curious of the frequency.

Of all days that she texts him to see if he is coming home for lunch, only that he doesn't come home, and she doesn't come home, either.

I wonder if she had other plans besides jogging? Maybe she was to meet up with someone and something bad happened?

IMOO.

At one point, I was highly interested in participating in SAR, and went as far as to go to an orientation meeting where training and expectations would be discussed. What was made clear at that meeting is that what SAR dogs are useful for is not what they communicate, but what they FIND. So, if a dog appears to locate a scent that goes nowhere, or if a dog appears to not locate a scent you believe should be there, it is not to be taken into account. Certainly not legally. They are there to find things, not to be believed if they find or don't find a trail. Interesting. I just think the public thinks they are infallible, and if they find or don't appear to find a trail, they're indicating the truth of what happened.

I can't remember one single case in the last decade - not one single one here on Websleuths either - where search dogs were brought in to find missing people and they actually located them. Humans smelled Jessica Lunsford's remains by smell that the dogs didn't alert on.

Laci Peterson. Sort of. They tracked her scent to the marina. The dog ran to the end of the pier and stared at the water. Where she was later found.

Laci Peterson. Sort of. They tracked her scent to the marina. The dog ran to the end of the pier and stared at the water. Where she was later found.

Well, there's this one case on Websleuths… it was the man's service dog that went back to the apartment and alerts the girl friend to the Wisconsin River. Brian was found in Lake Wausau.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?316303-WI-Brian-Rossell-Wausau-4-September-2016

http://www.wsaw.com/content/news/Wausau-man-missing-after-guide-dog-comes-home-alone-392359411.html

I didn't believe Hacking or Peterson from the beginning......no doubt, period.
I'm on the fence with this case, though leaning towards not convinced by the tears. I watched the video numerous times, with sound and without, and came away with an uncomfortable gut feeling about him. He seemed controlling to me, but it could just be him trying to rein in his emotions.

I think this is what I am picking up on also. Maybe he's a really precise kind of guy who likes order in his life. Maybe Sherri liked that too. Some have called her a "Super Mom". When I heard her called that, I cringed. Not in a degrading way, more that the title sounds like it holds lots of expectation and pressure to be perfect.

Our Church has a Mom 2 Mom group that meets monthly. Some of these young Mom's put a lot of pressure on themselves, and their children to be perfect. That's not real, and can make for a perfect storm. Just saying, if we are looking at ALL possibilities, I guess this would be one.

I think this is what I am picking up on also. Maybe he's a really precise kind of guy who likes order in his life. Maybe Sherri liked that too. Some have called her a "Super Mom". When I heard her called that, I cringed. Not in a degrading way, more that the title sounds like it holds lots of expectation and pressure to be perfect.

Our Church has a Mom 2 Mom group that meets monthly. Some of these young Mom's put a lot of pressure on themselves, and their children to be perfect. That's not real, and can make for a perfect storm. Just saying, if we are looking at ALL possibilities, I guess this would be one.

I cringed at super mom too. I understand why they are saying it - to really impart that she would never willingly leave her children and family. But it can also make it seem like everything is too perfect.

Usually I am side eyeing the husband immediately - just like most of us here that have learned you can never really know what goes on behind the walls of a home. But I just have a different feeling with Sherri. I am so worried

The exurbia neighborhood looks so different than the early morning isolated Montana highway where Sherry Arnold was snatched by two out of state meth heads passing through.

This area and time of day is so off for an abduction. I just can't see one man driving a car, happening upon her in the afternoon while driving a car, somehow stopping his car in view of houses, and boldly snatching her. Maybe two men could do it, but what are the chances there are two scumbags who hang around that area of nice houses?

Something is off.

I viewed both videos. Not totally convinced it's sincere, but maybe something close??? And I did pick up on the wording, too...

I wish LE would just say he's been cleared so we can move on. Maybe their not stating his innocence is a strategy to "get more dirt" against either her or him. Who knows?

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member