Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
At one point, I was highly interested in participating in SAR, and went as far as to go to an orientation meeting where training and expectations would be discussed. What was made clear at that meeting is that what SAR dogs are useful for is not what they communicate, but what they FIND. So, if a dog appears to locate a scent that goes nowhere, or if a dog appears to not locate a scent you believe should be there, it is not to be taken into account. Certainly not legally. They are there to find things, not to be believed if they find or don't find a trail. Interesting. I just think the public thinks they are infallible, and if they find or don't appear to find a trail, they're indicating the truth of what happened.

I can't remember one single case in the last decade - not one single one here on Websleuths either - where search dogs were brought in to find missing people and they actually located them. Humans smelled Jessica Lunsford's remains by smell that the dogs didn't alert on.

Carrie McGonigle's dog Amber found Michelle Le.

Just reading through all this and not quite caught up, but is it possible that she had a stalker? She's pretty, blonde and looks like a sweet gentle woman so she could have been in a situation where someone she knew was making advances and she was being tactful rather than firm.
Pure speculation: She could have said to the stalker "My husband comes home for lunch"; the stalker used the wrong phone number either accidentally or on purpose to send the text to her husband.
She might also have been having an affair or the husband suspected her of having an affair, explaining why he did the search on her phone rather than calling her.
I think it is important to figure out how that day's timeline compared to other days. The fact that he said he came home at the normal time and she wasn't home with the kids doesn't fit with the fact that he had to call day care, rather than them calling him. Maybe someone rang daycare/ spoke to daycare that morning, saying that she would be picking up the kids later?

She could have been grabbed and put in a vehicle elsewhere, then her phone was tossed out of the vehicle window as he/they drove. jmo

This is what I'm thinking possibly happened.

Jmo

My daycare would not be triggered to call anyone unless no one was there by the time the daycare closed. I'm not sure on this one. So far he hasn't done or said or not done or not said anything that triggers me to believe he had anything to do with it.

He was not faking, those were real tears.

Jmo

I need to see this video. I'm usually pretty discerning when it comes to someone lying or telling the truth- though it's not 100%.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anybody know where to find the interview with the husband?

He was not faking, those were real tears.

Jmo

I did not say he was faking. I said I do not like what he had to say. I have seen many a criminal, cry tears. They can be very convincing, so that is not a good measure of truth telling.

She could have been grabbed and put in a vehicle elsewhere, then her phone was tossed out of the vehicle window as he/they drove. jmo

Someone needs to tap Skibs on the shoulder and ask her to make a map for us :)

Hi Knox!
Thanks for this - I agree it answers a lot. He's also specific about what the husband does for a living which clarifies a little for me why he may not have his phone "in work"......

Yes, have seen it and commented. My response was basically I agree..IF all that is true, LE should say that he is cleared. they have NOT. LE is certainly aware of what SM is capable of and that people are specifically looking for that statement from them. I shared that (while all LE is different) with Sierah, LE told NO ONE anything except next of kin. When their were updates or progress, they would take Ce's parents into a separate room and discuss with them. Then it was up to her parents to share with anyone else. The husband is her next of kin. I am not sure of course but I don't think poster has heard all this info from LE directly. I think he is getting all his info from the husband. He even states that he is upset that LE has not cleared the husband. There's a reason they haven't is all I'm saying. LE would not hold conferences with the step-dad of husband in my experience.

Neighbors all check out ? Outbuildings ? Also,any and all workers in the vicinity ?

I get "content unavailable/not found" when I click those bottom 2 links. Do they work for other WSs?

That makes absolutely no sense. If the daycare DID call him when they weren't picked up, why did husband call daycare when he arrived home TO SEE IF THEY HAD BEEN PICKED UP?

Conflicting stories on something so important is not good imo

I am going to hold judgement for the time being.
I am not real sure we are hearing conflicting stories.
It is often the case of unclear reporting

A few more facts would be good

I am going to hold judgement for the time being.
I am not real sure we are hearing conflicting stories.
It is often the case of unclear reporting

A few more facts would be good

This is exactly my thoughts. I'm holding fire on judgement and trying to soak up facts. But it's confusing when there don't appear to be many firm facts.

I'm going to wait for LE to lead the way on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaDiosa1975