Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, it's the same with assault victims. I was beaten up once and the police doctor checked and photographed every inch of my body and counted and measured all the bruises and scrapes. It was humiliating.

I'm sorry you had to go through that. I agree it is humiliating, especially because you have to recall and explain every bruise and scratch and of course that's not always possible.

I swear I looked for a thread like that. Not very well it turns out. Thank you so much!!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Don't feel bad, I thought Sherri's thread had been closed down, while all along it was open and still going. Talk about being out of the loop and way behind, I actually posted the news about her DH's Good Morning America interview over on the Breaking News thread. :doh:

I'm not sure that's accurate. LE only saw her clothed when they found her. I'm talking about the detailed injuries thst KP disclosed in his statement. I am quite sure LE did not see more than KP. And there are HIPAA laws in place and it is my understanding that one needs to give permission to have any medical details released. MOO.

There are many HIPAA exceptions where health care providers can share info with law enforcement.

http://www.hhs.gov/hipaa/for-profes...-enforcement-officials/index.html?language=es

Don't feel bad, I thought Sherri's thread had been closed down, while all along it was open and still going. Talk about being out of the loop and way behind, I actually posted the news about her DH's Good Morning America interview over on the Breaking News thread. :doh:

You're not alone. I did that yesterday. I spent over 2 hours driving around the area she was found on streetview, familiarizing myself and attempting to locate one particular spot from a photo in an article. Only to finally realise the thread wasn't just locked, but a new one had been opened. Didn't I feel like a fool :facepalm: lol

Yes, I've had 6 surgeries in the last 10 years. I've been outpatient for every one. I've been fighting anorexia since I was a teenager. I'm now in my early 30's, and I have been inpatient for complications from low body weight, starvation, etc., but it was after quite a while of being sick - not a few weeks. Even at my sickest points, it didn't take long to get my heart rate and potassium stable.

I've also been assaulted to the point of almost not recognizing my face. I was a mess, but I wasn't kept inpatient because my vital signs were stable. I sustained injuries, but I saw my regular doctor once or twice a week for a while.

:grouphug: You are a survivor just as Ms. Papini is a survivor! You are here for a reason as is Ms. Papini! God bless you both! We are very glad to have you here at WebSleuths!

I'm not sure that's accurate. LE only saw her clothed when they found her. I'm talking about the detailed injuries thst KP disclosed in his statement. I am quite sure LE did not see more than KP. And there are HIPAA laws in place and it is my understanding that one needs to give permission to have any medical details released. MOO.

The medical staff (usually nursing) at the hospital would have done a head to toe assessment of SP that includes photographs, measurements and a written description of all of her injuries. Most times LE is privy to this information for investigative reasons. (RN here)

Wow - That was a tough one to catch up on! I was trying to take a WS break after KB&CC but here comes another crazy case, with a bittersweet ending (I refrain from saying happy ending, even though everyone is happy they are home, I'm struggling for the right phrasing after what they have both been through?)

I believe this case was either some woman/ family enemy/jealousy related revenge kidnapping or this was a sex trade/ fetish transaction/ trafficking, maybe by an amateur that went wrong. I also think that it could be possible that the ransom was paid, and that LE and the family know much more of who this may be. I am unsure as why they can't tell the public more. I feel that means it's personal, not a threat to the public. The hair cutting is one of our biggest clues to motives IMO. So far at least. I cannot understand why thier isn't a manhunt on for these kidnappers, unless there is big info that they cannot tell us yet. I'm sure they have their reasons......I ramble :)

While it is important to never blame the victim, I think people shouldn't be too hard on themselves or others for playing devils advocate. It's just important not to get carried away with it and publicize a theory that may damage a victim.. Privately, it's important that we all go down different avenues. Reading everyone's thoughts here, and watching people change their minds as new evidence is presented is a wonderful thing! Too many people nowadays experience cognitive dissonance and cannot open their mind to new ideas. I'm honored to be part of a community of people who have open minds, as well as who would stand up for victims.

Breaks my heart to hear KP's description of SP. I can't imagine the emotional rollercoaster seeing her in that condition as well as having

I still don't quite know where to go with this and I'm still kinda waiting for something definitive that leads me on a direct path.

My big question is motive. I think if I could understand a motive I could work my way through it all.

Why was she kidnapped?
Why did they let her go?
Why aren't we moving heaven and earth to find these women who kidnapped SP?

It's such a bizarre case that it might just be what it is and nothing more. Who really knows.

MOO

Why was she kidnapped? Maybe some form of revenge. SP had fairly recently returned to Redding hadn't she (last few years)? Maybe someone discovered she was back and wasn't happy about it?
Why did they let her go? They wanted to teach her a lesson and branding her, breaking her nose, chopping hair and beating her had taught the lesson (plus possible ransom helped)
Why aren't we moving heaven and earth to find these women who kidnapped SP? She was targeted and no one else is thought to be in danger as they have suspects but they need to gather solid evidence before they can make arrests and due to SPs condition it is a slow process.

JMO

I still don't quite know where to go with this and I'm still kinda waiting for something definitive that leads me on a direct path.

My big question is motive. I think if I could understand a motive I could work my way through it all.

Why was she kidnapped?
Why did they let her go?
Why aren't we moving heaven and earth to find these women who kidnapped SP?

It's such a bizarre case that it might just be what it is and nothing more. Who really knows.

MOO

Respectfully, how do "we" know that LE ISN'T moving heaven and earth to find those responsible? Because they don't share all of their info with the media?

Why has no specifics been given about her captors?
If it was in fact, Sherri in that truck, she has seen the faces.
Was this a planned abduction that comes with no threat to the general public?
Was she afraid to speak ?
Was the ransom paid out and they are sticking to their word about not going to LE?

If it was random, and there are dangerous people kidnapping people, the public should be informed IMo

Perhaps she was abducted by other people and not the women she described. I am sure they threatened her and her family and she was told what to say when they released her. I don't know, but I think I would do what the abductor's told me to do to save myself and my family.

They didn t do it to kill her.
Not trafficking they would not damage her face and cut her long blonde hair.
I still say it's a hate crime.
I'm very curious about her being branded.

Maybe some sort of gang initiation? Or, vendetta / revenge. Idk, just thinking out loud.

Yes, I've had 6 surgeries in the last 10 years. I've been outpatient for every one. I've been fighting anorexia since I was a teenager. I'm now in my early 30's, and I have been inpatient for complications from low body weight, starvation, etc., but it was after quite a while of being sick - not a few weeks. Even at my sickest points, it didn't take long to get my heart rate and potassium stable.

I've also been assaulted to the point of almost not recognizing my face. I was a mess, but I wasn't kept inpatient because my vital signs were stable. I sustained injuries, but I saw my regular doctor once or twice a week for a while.

(hugs) You are amazing.

I can add to this too. I have had Crohns over 30 yrs, diagnosed aged 12. I'm 45 now. I went through a period of having a minor surgery every month. It was over 3 yrs or so, I had a general (anesthesia) every time but still it was a day thing, released same day. And that was 20 yrs ago! I've also been very very sick but not needed to be hospitalised. Even had major surgery and been released within 7 days. SP was incredibly fit imo, which will have been a big plus, and may even have kept her alive. Yep, our bodies can be a curse at times but we can be extremely resilient too!

Respectfully, how do "we" know that LE ISN'T moving heaven and earth to find those responsible? Because they don't share all of their info with the media?

Not Tealgrove but MO

I don't sense urgency, no description other that two Hiispanic women in a dark SUV
Nothing about the men in the truck, if in fact that was Sherri the witness saw

Just because I don't sense it, doesn't mean it isn't there
It is possible LE know exactly who they are looking for, perhaps looking at them as we type

I am not bashing LE, i am giving my feeling on the subject
It is nothing more than a feeling or opinion
It seems to me that LE does not require the help of the public as nothing has been released
I hope that it is because they know who they are looking for
I don't recall any public warning either
All I have read was something about the public being as cautious as always

The medical staff (usually nursing) at the hospital would have done a head to toe assessment of SP that includes photographs, measurements and a written description of all of her injuries. Most times LE is privy to this information for investigative reasons. (RN here)

I was hoping you'd chime in. Thank you!

It is quite cold here in Arizona right now - below normal, barely 60 - and so sitting on my hands keeps them really warm. I highly recommend it.

I've read from the beginning, but haven't posted, because I wasn't sure what I believed. I did at first think she had been abducted but other stuff came out and then I wondered if that was true. With confirmation of her injuries, it now sounds to me more like a hate crime than anything else. That (I think) fits with releasing her but keeping her that long is strange. It's certainly been an unusual case for sure.

I am very happy she is alive. It will be a long road for her.

Could have been she was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Kidnapped, drugged, sexually assaulted and humiliated by different means. Or she was observed in the area and being watched. The police are probably trying to keep what they can under a lid as they try to find the kidnappers. I do not believe this was a hoax. I am sure the police and family know a lot more than we do that would explain a lot of the questions we still have. Hoping the kidnappers will be found and justice will be served for Sherri. (My opinion only)

Maybe some form of revenge. SP had fairly recently returned to Redding hadn't she (last few years)?

RSBM
Did she, though? I have been under the impression that they have lived there at least since their wedding. However, I have no idea if that's true. I might have assumed so because that's where they got married.

I've read from the beginning, but haven't posted, because I wasn't sure what I believed. I did at first think she had been abducted but other stuff came out and then I wondered if that was true. With confirmation of her injuries, it now sounds to me more like a hate crime than anything else. That (I think) fits with releasing her but keeping her that long is strange. It's certainly been an unusual case for sure.

A couple of people have said this. How do you mean, a hate crime?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo