Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When KP started talking about how they branded her, he acted like it was pretty bad IMO. I'm wondering if it's a pretty big scar. Glad it's not on her face. It seemed like it's something he noticed immediately when he saw her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, his reaction immediately made me think it must be very visible

Sent from my SM-T817T using Tapatalk

How do you know he never did? From what I heard, he interviewed for 4 hours with 20/20 and the show condensed all that into an hour episode with commercials. KP was not the only interview either. Besides, Sherri has been home a little more than week and the news is asking about their experiences, not other missing cases. I would not expect a family this fresh from the rollercoaster of losing and finding their missing loved one (and she was beaten and tortured and the perps are still at large) to immediately reach out to other families. There will be plenty of time for them to offer support to other families after they heal. They have barely had any time to recover from their own ordeal. For some people, it would be suspect if they had the strength to suddenly start helping others right away. JMO.
Your opinion is noted...[emoji126]

Tinted windows are illegal in CA

No, tinted windows are not illegal—the front drivers & passenger windows need to be see through (but light tinting is legal); all other windows can be tinted as dark as one prefers. In fact, my brand-new California-purchased SUV (Toyota Landcruiser) came with stock tinted windows that are completely black all around the back w/moderate tinting on the drivers & passengers doors.

If I was looking to abduct someone and drive them around for several hours, I probably wouldn't be driving a car with illegally tinted windows that just begged to be pulled over by police.

That's going to garner the same attention as having a brake light out, expired plates etc.

Why abduct anyone and drive them 2.5 hours away and release them? We've all followed many cases. When a child is abducted, driven away, they are killed and dumped. This also happens to women. Why was she released? If it was to torture her, what made them stop? JMO

I think we are all curious as to how this situation happened and evolved. Many of us are safety savvy and/or tough until we are confronted by a situation. The element of surprise, not trusting our gut, and our brains not kicking into gear when we need it are real factors in violence based situations.

I know that the common safety knowledge is to never go to a second location. It makes sense. That said, I am not sure how many people have the cool head to make a choice that might mean death.

I hope we find out what happened as others will learn. I am not sure we will.

Could they have shown her the gun and threatened her to get in the car, or they'll shoot. Or maybe one of them just grabbed her. It probably happened so fast that she didn't have time to run.

150 mile radius from Yolo, CA, where she was found, based on driving an average of 60 mph.
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• Screenshot (98).jpg
    Screenshot (98).jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 408
  • Screenshot (134).jpg
    Screenshot (134).jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 411
(Referring to KP saying Sherri needed quiet and dark)
Another possibility is headaches/migraines. Mine are triggered by a lot of things Sherri must have experienced over the past weeks, including lack of food, anxiety, exhaustion, crying... I have no idea why Sherri would prefer the dark vs. sunlight right now, but I know that when my head is about to explode, quiet and dark are my two best friends. JMO

SP is post-trauma. We all are thinking about her wants and actions as rational and making sense. Sometimes after trauma we don't do what makes sense. We struggle to get less sensory input or more sensory input, over function or under-function, become extremely cautious or extremely reckless. She has never faced this kind of "normal" in her life. It has to be confusing to her and those in her sphere. Her actions may be the result of something physical based or trauma based, I don't think we will know. If I had to guess i would venture it is sensory and safety based. I really hope she is in counseling with a good crisis counselor.

i'll say it again. never ever has anyone stated with complete certainty that they/ve seen sherri, other than her husband. nor any confirmation that she's been united with her children.
not LE, not her parents, not her inlaws, not the FBI. they've "spoken to her". very different...JMO...

It was reported that her sister 'reunited' with her in the hospital.

And she is back with her children.

There is no doubt in my mind she has met with LE , face to face, for a long interview.

Anyone read anything more about the message that was branded onto her? That should be the focus here in determining the motive and who did it.

If I went through what Sherri went through, and a few days later my husband took 4 hours (likely more with transit and such) to interview with 20/20 instead of consoling me.. I'd be upset.
Gosh, not me. I would be glad if he was defending me and trying to set the record straight.

Grabbed your post to quote because it was handy and I've seen this referenced several times, as well.

Agree, however I don't for a minute believe those women were wearing their "masks" when they first pulled over the SUV to kidnap Sherri. I imagine they were wearing other more natural objects that would hide distinguishing feature, e.g. big sunglasses, etc... I think this kidnapping happened very swiftly. In my imagination, after she's abducted and thrown in the back of the SUV & restrained, only then do the women further hide their distinguishing features.

Furthermore, 3 weeks later after being beaten mercilessly, tortured, broken nose, branded & starved..... I doubt I would recall much more about the women I assumed were innocent passengers as I was jogging. I don't believe she EVER saw much of their faces to begin with. She's been able to describe their hair, pierced ears, and eyebrows; the fact that one was older and one was younger and their accents. Considering everything, not too bad, imo.
Hmm, regarding the color of the SUV... She had to see what color it was when she walked up.

I probably would forget if someone grabbed me. Thank God I don't know what I would really do. I have thought about what I would do. I know if I was behind the wheel, I am hitting the next telephone pole I see. (I think )

MOO

Big sunglasses and baseball caps would render them hard to describe. And I doubt she was focused on making sure she could give an accurate description in the moments before she was abducted.

I admit to skipping a few pages of the last few threads here and there, so I apologize if this has been brought up before; I have been meaning to mention it but I keep bumping into a locked thread. :)

Cross-racial identification is known to be notoriously unreliable. I could attach a link, but if you google it, you will find a dozen scholarly articles about it on the first page of results only.

I am still not sure whether I believe Sherri is possibly protecting herself and her family by not revealing the real descriptions (or even identities) of her abductors, or she simply really doesn't have more than what LE have revealed about her captors. The latter is not possible only because they could have kept their faces or Sherri's head covered at all times, but also because (added to consciously trying to conceal their looks) of the cross-racial identification aspect of it.

JMO

I admit to skipping a few pages of the last few threads here and there, so I apologize if this has been brought up before; I have been meaning to mention it but I keep bumping into a locked thread. :)

Cross-racial identification is known to be notoriously unreliable. I could attach a link, but if you google it, you will find a dozen scholarly articles about it on the first page of results only.

I am still not sure whether I believe Sherri is possibly protecting herself and her family by not revealing the real descriptions (or even identities) of her abductors, or she simply really doesn't have more than what LE have revealed about her captors. The latter is not possible only because they could have kept their faces or Sherri's head covered at all times, but also because (added to consciously trying to conceal their looks) of the cross-racial identification aspect of it.

JMO

All true.

No, tinted windows are not illegal—the front drivers & passenger windows need to be see through (but light tinting is legal); all other windows can be tinted as dark as one prefers. In fact, my brand-new California-purchased SUV (Toyota Landcruiser) came with stock tinted windows that are completely black all around the back w/moderate tinting on the drivers & passengers doors.
IIRC front and side windows must let in 70% of light? Compared to other states that's pretty much no tint, but you're righy, I should have been more specific

Wonder if the reporter talked to someone he thought was a spokesperson?

Even WS has an insider verification process. I think it would be more than expected of a serious journalist, too; simply thinking he spoke to a spokesperson and then publishing said person's words as fact are, in my world, unprofessional in the very least, hence the loss of credibility.

150 mile radius from Yolo, CA, based on driving an average of 60 mph.
attachment.php
attachment.php

I'd like to know how long the ride was before she was dropped off too. IIRC, she was 150 miles from home where they found her.

Well, because he claimed that a Sheriff's Department spokeswoman told him that they were not ruling out a hoax. The Sheriff says they don't have a spokeswoman, and the Sheriff's Department does not believe it's a hoax.

That means that David Lohr is either a liar or an idiot who was duped by some troll claiming to be a spokeswoman for the Sheriff's Department. Either way, I'm not going to believe anything he writes in the future.

He's not a liar. Article has been updated including the name of the person he talked to. Sounds like someone there was talking out of turn. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...alleged-abduction_us_5841f882e4b0c68e0480eb9f

Does anyone else find it strange that she was a stay-at-home mom, but her kids went to daycare? Her husband said she never picked the kids up from daycare the day she disappeared. Isn't the point of a stay-at-home mom so your kids don't go to daycare? That was strange to me.

I guess the kids could go to daycare for a day or two to get socialized with other children...

thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member