Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Question:

I know it wasn't addressed in last night's 20/20 episode but there have been so many reports, interviews, statements that I may have missed it. Has any reporter asked LE or a family member if Sherri was fluent in Spanish?

I believe she told LE her abductors spoke Spanish most of the time and that one of them had a "heavy accent" which leads me to believe at least one of the perps tried to communicate in English with Sherri, at least at times.

Just curious if any reporter has asked. That said, if she is fluent in Spanish I really doubt LE wants that disclosed.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by gregjrichards
"At one point during her horrifying 22 days spent in captivity, Sherri Papini tried to find a moment of peace from just a piece of discarded cloth.

The mother-of-two rolled the cloth up and pretended it was her two-year-old daughter Violet, rocking it as if it was her baby girl."

RSBM

Question: why in the world would two kidnappers allow their hostage to keep a piece of discarded cloth?
Weren't they afraid she can choke/strangle one of them? or out of pain and despair hang herself???

I tried to see the softer side of that detail, but just couldn't.

JMO because I'm entitled to one.

Maybe they had those veil things (burkas ??) Type of thing ? That would conceal their faces in an acceptable manner vs a ski mask

I think burka is the robe; hijab is the head/face covering Muhammad insisted women wear around him so he'd not be tempted to rape them (true story, it's in the Koran).

Too bad these super-crafty/skilled abductors/hostage-holders didn't plan better. If they'd only moved up their abduction of SP by 48 hours, they could've rolled up on her in Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton masks, said "trick or treat" and she'd have lol'd for a minute before they pulled weapons out of their trick-or-treat bags, or from inside their suit/pant-suit jackets and taken her hostage. And then only received casual glances and giggles (and maybe a few thumbs up/thumbs down) as they drove 2.5 hours on the road while still wearing their halloween masks. Could've even brought a Bernie Sanders mask for SP to wear while trussed up in the back seat.

Ive thought about this too, the timing of the release, I think that these women simply couldn't keep up holding her any longer/"babysitting" her (??) And had possibly their own Thanksgiving plans with their families and their absence would draw suspicion if they missed the meal /food prep ? Just a theory..

I'm with you on that theory. If so, then why release her and not kill her?

No one is interjecting facts. They're offering alternative theories to explain why Sherri wasn't spooked to approach the vehicle with 2 women wearing masks. Because they probably weren't wearing masks when they first approached her.

Don't assume LE isn't keeping as much as they possibly can out of the media. I believe they are. They've interviewed Sherri for hours over a period of at least 3 days. They've released very little. Protecting the intergrity of the investigation is first and foremost. They were upset that KP disclosed that she had been branded. LE KNEW that, but they didn't want it released to the public at large.

On the contrary, I am ONLY trusting LE statements made public in furtherance of their investigation. It seems to me, that if headgear and glasses were worn by the abductors, LE would have informed the public of that along with hair earrings and eyebrows. They have said that they have no reason to disbelieve SP. I get that. JMO If, off the record, they are trying to confirm the truth of SP's statements with evidence, I get that, too. I'm sure that they are working behind the scene, out of public view. JMO

Thanks, fishy. I'm sorry I missed that. I remain very curious about whether there is a connection between Christine Everson and CG. If you watch his various videos and listen to his podcasts, you'll see/hear that he has a fairly large number of abduction survivors in his circle. I wonder if CE is one of them.

she did mention her senses were heightened because she had been abducted as a child, right? Again, another twist to the story...

The big questions remain: Who did it? Why? Why Sherri? If this was a random abduction, it'll probably be more difficult to find the culprits. It certainly isn't out of the ordinary for bad things to happen to people at random. Just being in the wrong place and the wrong time.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by gregjrichards
"At one point during her horrifying 22 days spent in captivity, Sherri Papini tried to find a moment of peace from just a piece of discarded cloth.

The mother-of-two rolled the cloth up and pretended it was her two-year-old daughter Violet, rocking it as if it was her baby girl.

Question: why in the world would two kidnappers allow their hostage to keep a piece of discarded cloth?
Weren't they afraid she can choke/strangle one of them? or out of pain and despair hang herself???

I tried to see the softer side of that detail, but just couldn't.

JMO because I'm entitled to one.

Understand...I know people are irritated because they think people are picking SP and KP apart. I dont think that asking questions in order to understand is picking someone apart. These details instead if the details about the crime are what I find fascinating (and heartbreaking). And KP said that the details they havent shared are even worse.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I have not caught up reading here by a long shot , but just want to say that after watching the 20/20 last night, it made me very emotional , I was in tears seeing the pain expressed from KP . It was heartbreaking, and also when he said she bunched up a cloth and rocked it and held it pretending it to be her baby , omg that was very tough ..

Now for a question to ask because I'm not sure it's been answered yet in the many pages I have left to read here, but has it been revealed where she was branded ? I doubt they released that, much less if it contained any words/letters/symbols as I'm sure LE wants that kept tight to the vest..

Why doesn't KP not know how the abduction went down? Why was he guessing at it during the interview last night? I didn't actually see the interview, I read a transcript of it. I would assume SP has told him how it went down by this point. He's very, very sure about how she was chained in the vehicle and how she was pushed out of the vehicle. Why is he not so sure on this other point?

Ive thought about this too, the timing of the release, I think that these women simply couldn't keep up holding her any longer/"babysitting" her (??) And had possibly their own Thanksgiving plans with their families and their absence would draw suspicion if they missed the meal /food prep ? Just a theory..

It's so strange to me to think that kidnappers would, in the middle of abusing someone horribly, make plans for thanksgiving. Not doubting your theory at all, I'm sure it could happen. It's just that these people were beating her, branding her (gross to think about), chopping off her hair to humiliate her. So it would be strange if they just stopped to plan a big family dinner too.

Regardless of training or awareness of the "don't let them take you to a 2nd site" rule in these situations, I think anyone, any age, any level of fitness, would simply turn tail and haul-*advertiser censored* were someone perched up in the driver's or passenger's seat of an SUV to brandish a gun. It'd be instinctive to run like hell and your chances of getting away would be pretty good. Even if you were standing next to the SUV when they did it, simply turn and run toward the back of the SUV and then cut off the road and go cross-country or through yards or whatever.

I think they'd have to have gotten physical proximity to SP to have abducted her. Meaning at least one of them and more likely both were out of the SUV and within arm's reach of SP (assuming an actual abduction occurred).

Re BBM
Exactly.

I have been running through scenarios and that is how I envision the situation if the perps never left the car and just pointed a gun at the person outside. Most people would turn and run and I agree there is a good chance of getting away unharmed because the perp would first have to exit the vehicle and then start shooting while the person outside would have a head start and would be running in zig zag fashion. Good point about heading toward back of car too.

I also dont see any situation where the abductor persons could have had a mask on and someone would willingly go toward them.

And if the perp exited the car and started to approach a person then most people would turn and run the moment they realized this stranger was coming toward them.

Which leaves the only other possibility IMO where the perp came out of the vehicle acting friendly with no disguise at all and then when got close to the person they just physically grabbed and tackled them and the other person from vehicle comes out to help drag the person to the vehicle. In that situation, I dont see where a diguise would have been possible because if someone exits a vehicle with any sort of disguise it would be like Michael Meyers coming toward you and I would think most people would run like heck. They could have chased and caught the person but then there is chance of witnesses driving up on the road with all the time it would take to get person into the car.

The problem we have is there is no information given as to how the abduction took place. Basically none unless I missed it. I think all we have is a phone on ground with chord attached.

I'm with you on that theory. If so, then why release her and not kill her?

hmm, i theorized that if'n they were freelancing abducting women to sell to sex traffickers, and SP was too high profile of a capture to sell, they might not have been willing to step-up to murder? Also, maybe they didn't know she was a mother of two when they took SP and when they found out via media coverage, couldn't bring themselves to deprive the children of their mother.

Another possibility: someone else who knows the abductors got wind of what was up and told them they'd rat them out to the police unless they let SP go.

There is a problem in the area with weed farms run by organized crime. Even if a person isn't directly involved, the ramifications of those criminal operations have a ripple effect in the community. I'm not talking about legit run business. There used to be a problem with cartels sending teams into norcal to run big grows in the public forests, they would guard their territory with with firearms, and lots of other crime rippled out from these operations. I don't know if that still happens in that area.

Sent from my SM-T817T using Tapatalk

If u google these farms u can see a lot of these crimes happened recently with the pot farms. Like sep and oct ...
There are numerous illegal farms in the areas.

This may have already been covered cause I first saw it mentioned many threads and pages back. But to the people questioning how she could leave a present unwrapped: you probably don't have small children or have forgotten what it's like. I have 4 young kids and I always have 5-10 things going at once. Laundry half-folded, dishes half-washed, and yes, I even have half-wrapped presents in my room right now. I don't think the half-wrapped present has any meaning outside of her just being busy.

Maybe they had those veil things (burkas ??) Type of thing ? That would conceal their faces in an acceptable manner vs a ski mask

I was thinking since she mostly saw their eyes and eyebrows perhaps they had on niqabs?

For anyone not familiar with the difference: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-10-...es-between-the-burka,-niqab-and-hijab/5785816

I can't speak for SP, but if two women wearing niqabs stopped to ask me for directions I would not hesitate to approach them to help. I have lived in a place with a large Muslim population, however. Also, I Imagine if the perps HAD disguised themselves in this manner, LE would not want to release that detail for fear of a panic or risk of hate crimes being committed against real Muslim women. All just speculation, of course, because It is a bit strange we have not heard specifically how the women covered their faces.

***please note that I am NOT saying these women were actual Muslim women just that they could have used that dress as a disguise to kidnap SP in broad daylight
***I hope this speculation is not against TOS -- I am ONLY suggesting clothing and NOT assigning blame to any group --please delete if not allowed. Thanks.

Re BBM
Exactly.

I have been running through scenarios and that is how I envision the situation if the perps never left the car and just pointed a gun at the person outside. Most people would turn and run and I agree there is a good chance of getting away unharmed because the perp would first have to exit the vehicle and then start shooting while the person outside would have a head start and would be running in zig zag fashion. Good point about heading toward back of car too.

I also dont see any situation where the abductor persons could have had a mask on and someone would willingly go toward them.

And if the perp exited the car and started to approach a person then most people would turn and run the moment they realized this stranger was coming toward them.

Which leaves the only other possibility IMO where the perp came out of the vehicle acting friendly with no disguise at all and then when got close to the person they just physically grabbed and tackled them and the other person from vehicle comes out to help drag the person to the vehicle. In that situation, I dont see where a diguise would have been possible because if someone exits a vehicle with any sort of disguise it would be like Michael Meyers coming toward you and I would think most people would run like heck. They could have chased and caught the person but then there is chance of witnesses driving up on the road with all the time it would take to get person into the car.

The problem we have is there is no information given as to how the abduction took place. Basically none unless I missed it. I think all we have is a phone on ground with chord attached.

You're right. We have little information about the abduction itself. I still think, if she was hooded during much, if not all, of her captivity, she may also have been hooded at the point of abduction. That is, before Sherri realized what was happening (and perhaps before she even took more than a glance at them), they threw a hood over her head and put her at an immediate disadvantage. They could then have told her they had a gun and to get in the vehicle. Or whatever. In other words, I can imagine a plausible scenario in which Sherri did not get more than a glimpse of her captors.

Why doesn't KP not know how the abduction went down? Why was he guessing at it during the interview last night? I didn't actually see the interview, I read a transcript of it. I would assume SP has told him how it went down by this point. He's very, very sure about how she was chained in the vehicle and how she was pushed out of the vehicle. Why is he not so sure on this other point?

Oh they know!
Just not saying!

All MOO

I am a runner and I don't think I could go back to living and running at my house if I was abducted less than a mile from home. Even if she stopped running, every single time she leaves home, even in a car, she will be reminded of her trauma. I'm guessing they will sell the house.

I can only make an assumption here, but since LE aren't sharing any details about the actual abduction either, I would think this is another thing they want to keep to themselves. Since Keith and the Sheriff appeared on the same show, I will make another assumption and say that they're probably not at war with each other like many have hinted at, after Keith had released extra information, so if they agreed to not talk publicly about how the abduction happened, maybe this was Keith's best attempt at trying to dodge that question: talking about what he thinks may or may not have happened. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hills89