Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe the sheriff has said that gas station sighting was found NOT to be Sherri.

However, I certainly hope they are following up on it anyway in case some other blonde woman is in trouble.

Hadn't read that, yet--hate to ask the tedious, but do you have a link?

I believe the sheriff has said that gas station sighting was found NOT to be Sherri.

However, I certainly hope they are following up on it anyway in case some other blonde woman is in trouble.

All I can figure about that is that LE actually followed up the report and saw video of the men and checked lic. plates and located and spoke to them. I DO hope that they didn't debunk the possibility that it WAS Sherri, based only on her denial. She may not have wanted to say it was her, out of fear or some reason. JMO Makes me wonder who the poor girl WAS and if she needed help!

one speculation was made that 2 women would make her feel more at ease to approach the vehicle. Well if that did happen she would have seen them. If they had hoods on I highly doubt she would go willing with these 2 people.

Another question I have I saw the show last night and I want to know what they meant about the area they lived in having skeevy undertones even more than most people would realize. That is not a quote but paraphrased. It looked to me like a very rural nice area not too far from Redding. What did they mean by that statement? Pot farms, and let's assume it was pot farms they were talking about, how does that make it a threat to her?

In reference to the "seedy underbelly" described by KP friend, the reporters said there were some huge number (25 plus I think?) registered sex offenders within a very small radius of the KP house, much much higher percentage than typical.

This is concerning.

http://www.thecannabist.co/2016/09/23/california-marijuana-farm-violence/63852/

I found most pot trimmers are professionals from 25 to 40 maki g $20.00 an hr. There are lists of articles out there about it
There is a problem in the area with weed farms run by organized crime. Even if a person isn't directly involved, the ramifications of those criminal operations have a ripple effect in the community. I'm not talking about legit run business. There used to be a problem with cartels sending teams into norcal to run big grows in the public forests, they would guard their territory with with firearms, and lots of other crime rippled out from these operations. I don't know if that still happens in that area.

Sent from my SM-T817T using Tapatalk

I didn't watch KP on 20/20 last night but read the "transcript" from WS last night. Correct me if I'm wrong, it seems not a lot of answers were provided, other than the rest stop sighting being confirmed it wasn't SP. Still no answers to how she was abducted, descriptions of abductors and motive. Sigh.

one speculation was made that 2 women would make her feel more at ease to approach the vehicle. Well if that did happen she would have seen them. If they had hoods on I highly doubt she would go willing with these 2 people.

Another question I have I saw the show last night and I want to know what they meant about the area they lived in having skeevy undertones even more than most people would realize. That is not a quote but paraphrased. It looked to me like a very rural nice area not too far from Redding. What did they mean by that statement? Pot farms, and let's assume it was pot farms they were talking about, how does that make it a threat to her?
Redding and much of Shasta has a very high crime rate. The rural area that SP lived in is a mix of homes, manufactured homes and trailers. I'm guessing it has changed much since KP grew up there.

Several houses down on their street, the feds took a house because it was a meth lab. I think that was 2010. Interspersed throughout the area before you drive into Redding are subdivisions of manufactured homes and also mobile home parks. A peek through the Shasta daily crime logs will give you some ideas.

The night before SP disappeared, police responded to a call just off Sunrise, very near the area of the mailboxes, about flashlight being seen on the porch. My guess is that the neighbor reporting knew the home owners and the flashlights were not normal.

Crime is everywhere these days. However the Redding area appears much worse.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

The sheriff said last night on the 20/20 show that this was their best lead at the time, they did follow up, and they determined it was not Sherri.

Thanks, I haven't had a chance to watch the video. I'd really appreciate it (if anyone here has it handy), if someone could supply his exact words in the show, thus saving me time listening to the whole thing...(We're putting up the Christmas tree...)

If not, I'll check it later. :)

Ok, this is my first post, I have been following this case from the beginning and held off on posting because sleuthing is so new to me.
A couple thoughts...
I think the two woman were in wigs & both possibly wearing large sunglasses. I think SP only saw one of them while the other was hiding and was the one who quickly opened the car and grabbed SP. That would explain why SP was so trusting with just seeing one female and also why she can't identify them because of the wigs & sunglasses.

Right...the headline and first paragraph was misleading...thanks :)

You're right, I was reading backwards, and what they said about the phone and cords in the first paragraph was indeed misleading.

The sheriff said last night on the 20/20 show that this was their best lead at the time, they did follow up, and they determined it was not Sherri.

Thanks, fishy. I'm sorry I missed that. I remain very curious about whether there is a connection between Christine Everson and CG. If you watch his various videos and listen to his podcasts, you'll see/hear that he has a fairly large number of abduction survivors in his circle. I wonder if CE is one of them.

That would make more sense if they had not driven her 150 miles straight away....(with masks or bandanas on in broad daylight).

The 2 perps must not have had their faces covered with masks when they interacted with SP before taking her. No one in their right mind would approach a vehicle or people with masks on. There was a gun involved, according to KP. That means someone pointed a gun at SP and was in control of her from that point forward. It sounded like SP may have been asked for assistance of some kind (directions or whatever), and then had a gun pointed at her. She got into the vehicle under duress (meaning it was not by her choice). KP confirmed that she was not taken 'voluntarily.'

What does it matter if she "dropped" or "set" or "placed" her phone down on the grass? She put the phone with headphones down, as common sense dictates she was probably told to leave it (we know that because it was left). No one who is being taken would want to leave their cell phone behind, so the fact it was left behind can be inferred to be not her choice.

The closed thread gave me time to rattle around in my head and consider more angles. I want to re-visit all of the Sheriff's comments since the abduction and SP's return. Has the Sheriff definitively identified what he believes to be the kidnapers? Has he skirted the issue by saying "SP said" they were Hispanic females? What if the abduction took place, but the vagueness of everything after is in some way a misdirect away from the real culprit/culprits? It could be out of fear, or some other reason. KP could truly have no part in any of the abduction (hence passing the lie detector), but has since been part of whatever is driving the bus to misdirect LE away from what happened.

If you're LE in this situation, the only rational position to take publicly and with SP is to purport to believe her story: otherwise, your only accessible witness/participant and human link to solving this conundrum will turtle and stop talking to you. Then you'll get nowhere.

Even if the Sheriff thinks SP's story is suspect, he'd be shooting his own investigation in the foot to say that publicly at this point.

Ok, this is my first post, I have been following this case from the beginning and held off on posting because sleuthing is so new to me.
A couple thoughts...
I think the two woman were in wigs & both possibly wearing large sunglasses. I think SP only saw one of them while the other was hiding and was the one who quickly opened the car and grabbed SP. That would explain why SP was so trusting with just seeing one female and also why she can't identify them because of the wigs & sunglasses.
That makes sense except that she could describe their nose and mouth. One being out of sight - in the back floorboard, would make perfect sense.

Matt Gutman states Keith texted and called Sherri when she first went missing, so we can put that to rest

[video=twitter;805049140728266752]https://twitter.com/mattgutmanABC/status/805049140728266752[/video]

Matt Gutman twitter. Interesting reply on Dec 1,to J...D... JMO

Took me a few minutes to remember my Twitter password, then another couple to figure out where to look for replies... But, in the end, it was worth it. Thanks!

One thing I've seen on this board and on Twitter is that people find it off that KP tracked her phone versus calling/texting her. However, Matt Gutman responds to a person on Twitter saying that KP actually did call and text SP before activating FindMyPhone app.

That makes sense except that she could describe their nose and mouth. One being out of sight - in the back floorboard, would make perfect sense.

Except if I've only seen the nose and mouth of someone for a minute or two before they grabbed me and held me for 22 days...not sure I'd remember those particular details.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member