Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, but based on 20/20 interview she was chained with metal...

The ziptie discussion is in reference to one of her hands being secured to something inside the vehicle, that particular restraint was cut when she was released.

... thanks, but KP said she was chained with metal...

OTOH: my, my, you are crafty! O.O
note to self: do not upset Ranch.

Yep. At some point "chains" alone are not effective at binding. You need handcuffs or zip ties or a carabiner attached. Or the like. As in a prison. And now I need to go to therapy for seeing this as a logical thought.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hello, very long time lurker, first time poster.

I find this case so perplexing. My opinion on what has happened jumps all over the place, depending on what day it is!

<modsnip>

Yes I have. Connecting multiple zipties is something you learn to do when the ones you have are too short.
I use the large ones at the end of dog's leashes. 3 zip ties are much easier to hold than 3 leashes and the leashes hang on one hook easier.

bc01edf98f3a878b00c6b0d79140b43a.jpg

Oh yeah and a house key in case I lock myself out! Lol
They are inexpensive and come many sizes.
This does sound like one snip and she would be loose.
Great point Ranch and Alexsea!

I am counting at least 4 crime scenes in this case.

1 point of abduction - investigated by LE at the time reported missing
2 the vehicle she was transported in - not yet investigated as it remains unidentified/unkown.
3 the place she was held for three weeks - not investgated - unidentified/unknown and not even known if more than one location - sheriff will not elaborate on that info
4 point of release - investigated at the time she was revocered on the side of the road.

I know KP made a point to thank the FBI in his written statement. Unclear to me if they are involved at this point in time

Maybe more.....if money changed hands....JMO

I use the large ones at the end of dog's leashes. 3 zip ties are much easier to hold than 3 leashes amd the leashes hang on one hook easier.

bc01edf98f3a878b00c6b0d79140b43a.jpg

Oh yeah and a house key in case I lock myself out! Lol
They are inexpensive and come many sizes.
This does sound like one snip and she would be loose.
Great point Ranch and

Lol, we use them to secure dog crates when we fly them for shows or rehoming rescues. Us dog folk know the value of a zip tie, it seems.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Interrupting this thread for the following :

MIDDLE AGE

I thought it was 35.
Then I Googled it and saw it's 45-65 (yes, I am "middle aged")

I saw another article that asked, what is middle aged in 2015?

Get this!!!
Remember the Huffington post debacle?
Well, they say middle age is 60! [emoji6]
http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/7079006

I think if someone is in their 60's or even young 20's they think middle age is in the 30's. (35 to be exact) as sometime ago life expectancy was in the 70's.

Unless I missed it, middle aged is half the age before the end of life expectancy.

Are we expected to live to 120 now?

You may now return to you regularly scheduled sleuthing discussion. [emoji368]

I always thought it started at 35 as well. I feel middle aged in my late 30s, but that's because of my kids - special needs 5yo plus a tween who tells me things like how my 90s music is from 'the olden days' will do that. Most single/childless people in their late 30s probably still feel like kids themselves, lucky things.

But 60 middle aged? No, that's way too old, sorry. We don't live to 120, at least regularly. 60+ is on the verge of 'elderly' and is certainly considered 'senior citizen' here, you can use a seniors card and get discounted travel etc and go on the pension.

Middle aged is 40+ definitely, life expectancy is around ~80. 50 absolutely, to live to 100 is a very good run.

As for this case, I still have no idea. I'm still very open to the idea that Sherri is 100% unsuspecting victim but people known to her (I'm not saying who I think that might be, partly because I have NFI) have orchestrated this. But on the whole, my mind is still totally open to any and all options.

Hello, very long time lurker, first time poster.

I find this case so perplexing. My opinion on what has happened jumps all over the place, depending on what day it is!

<modsnip>

:welcome:

I don't believe a ransom was paid, at least not by Gamble. Surely that would have been a straight up swap.

According to the Internets, kidnapping involves ransom

5a5978c9a07740708d6752b3b67ca17b.jpg

Sent from my SM-T817T using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure the words are interchangeable. Abduct is from Latin abductus. Kidnap is from kid + nap, variant of nab.

abduct
[ab-duhkt]

1. to carry off or lead away (a person) illegally and in secret or by force, especially to kidnap.

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/abduct

kidnap
[kid-nap]

1. to steal, carry off, or abduct by force or fraud, especially for use as a hostage or to extract ransom.

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/kidnap

This sounds great. I couldn't find an emergency setting in settings on my droid turbo. Is it an app?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Maybe it's just my brand of phone. I have a Samsung.

It's not an app, when I go into my settings it's an option under privacy and emergency. Here's a screenshot of where it is in settings on my phone:

723daf4a81eeaf52040153455bc69201.jpg

Maybe SP was kneeling and tying her shoe when the SUV first pulled up. Maybe she had already placed her phone down while tying her laces and the SUV saw the perfect chance to grab a vulnerable, pretty petite jogger?

How far back was her phone from the road. Do we know?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If this is true why did they go through so much trouble covering up their identity? I think this a real clue about this whole situation.

1.If they were sex traffickers, do they need to cover up? I am on the fence about this.
2. If this was a random abduction, no need to cover up as they would plan on killing her most likely.
3. If this was warning to the family about something, then either did cover up or she lied about the description of them.
4. If is was a hoax, then of course the description would be minimal as well.

Take what scenario you believe happened and ask yourself does it make sense for the Hispanics to be covered up at all times.

I can't fully answer that without trying to guess the who and why. My main guess, however, would be: Control. Keeping their faces covered is one thing they could control fully about the situation. If SP escaped at anytime, she could NOT ID them. If the police raided the place they were keeping her, she could NOT ID them. If they were planning to pass her off to someone else, she could not ID them. If they were hired by someone else to torture her for some revenge or specific message, she could NOT ID them. You get the idea. There could be many reasons they did not want to risk letting her see their face--even if their ultimate plan was to sell her or to kill her. They could not be sure their plans would not go wrong. One might even guess that SP is alive BECAUSE their plans went wrong somehow. I have no idea why she was abducted, who abducted her or what they planned, but their plans could have gone wrong or been changed by someone outside of their control. We just don't know. Keeping their faces covered was within their control. Maybe we should be asking instead what kind of abductors WOULD NOT bother to try to keep their identity a secret from SP? Perhaps we could rule out some theories thinking about it that way. IDK.

This is what makes the most sense to me, so far anyway:

Two female gang members, maybe Mexican Mafia types, are involved in drugs/guns/human trafficking as a way of life. Maybe born into it,, married into it...it's just what they do....

One day they are on business a coupe of hours away from home. They maybe dropped off some drugs or delivered some merchandise, like working girls or guns? And they are high, feeling good about their business success....

And as they turn the corner they come upon a pretty, petite blonde, all alone, at her mailbox. They make the impulsive, brazen business decision to nab her right then and there by gunpoint. They plan to sell her to their regular dealer in merchandise. They take her and drive the 2 and a half hours back home.

They are planning to hand her off in a day or two, so they chain her in the basement of an abandoned house near their own place. Leave her some dried bread and water, and go back home.

The problem is that their 'connection' does not want to deal with this situation because of all of the publicity. It is too hot. They do not want to ask around too many places because they do not want someone to turn them in. People will do that for reward money or for spite or out of competition. So they are frustrated and angry.

As time goes on they get more and more angry. They had been avoiding visible injuries because they planned to 'show her off' to their customers. But as time went on they took their anger out on her. And they began beating her and abusing her more and more.

Eventually they just decided to cut their losses and dump her on the side of the road. JMO

I'll buy that, I think you nailed it! Great job!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper