Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did we ever get clarification if she was branded once or all over? I know for a fact, per KP on 20/20, it wasn't her face but I remember conflicting reports of "she had been branded" and "she was branded all over her body". Has KP or the Sheriff made a statement either way about this? I can't keep up.

just that it wasn't on her face.

I'm looking at broken noses in google images. Not pretty. I haven't had one myself.

Lookie there ... even with Google's lies, I'm not yet middle aged!

Well I must be getting old since I was just forced to walk out a supermarket with a hand full of items since I was too cheap to buy their bags which should simply be included in the price. Lol

My rant for the day. Anyways. Back to business.

I saw it stated somewhere. It was a statement by KP. I find it really hard to believe. Perhaps he just assumed that is how it happened.

Dark yellow bruising on the nose would suggest a nasal fracture that was days to a week old.
It has never been stated that she had black eyes.
Breaking her nose from a fall because she was pushed out of a vehicle would also have likely caused fractured teeth as well.

It really doesn't matter what anyone thinks or says. Medical professionals know it the manner of injury jives with the reported cause or not.
They see plenty of women who reportedly "fell" and broke their nose, when in reality they were either hit with an object or punched. The ER staff has already cleared this matter up I am sure!

Looking for link.
Found it!
"Keith Papini said his wife weighed just 87 pounds and the bridge of her nose was broken when she was tossed from a vehicle along Interstate 5 near Sacramento with her hands restrained and a bag over her head."
*http://www.wsiltv.com/story/33817269/husband-of-california-mom-found-by-freeway-details-ordeal

How far back was her phone from the road. Do we know?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But his wife nowhere to be seen. Frantic, Keith started driving around, scouring their area around their property. He went back to the mailbox where the “Find My iPhone” feature had first pinpointed Sherri’s phone.

“It did not take me long [to find it]. It was right off the road,” he said.

Next to her phone, Keith found Sherri’s headphones, which he said were tangled with strands of her blond hair.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/sherri-pap...erious-disappearance-search/story?id=43930023

Can't recall who was asking about his wording about being chained but the video at this link also contains snip of KP stating that she was "always" chained "anytime" she was in a vehicle [using quotes because those were his exact words in my paraphrased sentence]

My hink-o-meter is buzzing again-no photos of crime scene #2 where SP was tossed from the car? Where I live, scanner bugs would be all over that, showing up at the scene after LE & posting pics on social media w/crime scene tape right away. Honestly, I'm reallly surprised that more people have not come forward for their 15 minutes, saying they saw SP on the side of the road but we're afraid to stop. People love to be part of events like this-like posting first about tragedies or inserting themselves into situations where they can get themselves some coverage. Except CG and LJ-they've got that covered.

There are photos and I don't blame anyone else not coming forward. The one lady who did is getting brutalized on SM by the trolls.

Random things -
(All just my own rambling opinions.)
Driving 2 1/2 hrs non-stop does NOT mean landing 2 1/2 hrs away from the starting point. Not so difficult to drive 10 hrs non-stop + land 1 block away from the starting point. jmo it does not tell us how far away SP was held or taken on day 1. Wouldn't surprise me to learn she never left Redding until the morning of her release."

RSBM This has been my posture since day 1.

Maybe an ER nurse could answer this - is it routine to weigh someone in an ER? I have been numerous times and I have been hospitalized numerous times (different hospitals), but I was never weighed, only asked how much I weigh.

Thx in advance

I have never been to a hospital or a clinic in my life and not been weighed. I believe it would be irresponsible of them not to weigh a patient. If a doctor gives drugs or treatment, he must know the patient's exact weight. They must also monitor weight, to see if there are any side effects of weight gain/loss.

A suv driving for 2.5 hours would need gas. So they probably gassed up in Redding before taking her. So hopefully they check cameras at gas stations.

Not likely. Traveling 60 mph the whole way, 2.5 hours is only 150 miles. That is not even half a tank for some vehicles.

Well I must be getting old since I was just forced to walk out a supermarket with a hand full of items since I was too cheap to buy their bags which should simply be included in the price. Lol

My rant for the day. Anyways. Back to business.

Yep. Grumpy old man rants.

Makes sense to me, except KP doesn't seem too worried about it. He didn't even say he hoped that LE find the perps in his interview. In fact, I am shocked by the number of photos they have released and shared of the family. So I don't know if they are too worried about the abductors.

RIGHT. Which I why I think she may be lying about the identity and description. They don't seem that worried. So maybe she is doing what she was told so she doesn't think they will return?

:wave: @ColourPurple and @Matou -- apologies for cross-posting about the broken nose bruising.

From what I've just read, seems that if SP's nose was dark and yellow as KP described it on Thanksgiving morning, it must have been broken around two weeks after her disappearance and a week before her release.

bruisechart.gif
https://www.ncjrs.gov/html/ojjdp/portable_guides/abuse/bruises.html

Interrupting this thread for the following :

MIDDLE AGE

I thought it was 35.
Then I Googled it and saw it's 45-65 (yes, I am "middle aged")

I saw another article that asked, what is middle aged in 2015?

Get this!!!
Remember the Huffington post debacle?
Well, they say middle age is 60! [emoji6]
http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/7079006

I think if someone is in their 60's or even young 20's they think middle age is in the 30's. (35 to be exact) as sometime ago life expectancy was in the 70's.

Unless I missed it, middle aged is half the age before the end of life expectancy.

Are we expected to live to 120 now?

You may now return to you regularly scheduled sleuthing discussion. [emoji368]
I distinctly remember an episode of "One day at a time" Bonnie Franklyn turned 35 and it was AAALLLL about how she was middle aged. I'm 53 and to me 35 is so young!!!! But in the 70s miss Papini would have been considered middle aged. Anyway, I hate the phrase. (Because I'm 53 I guess.)

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I always thought it started at 35 as well. I feel middle aged in my late 30s, but that's because of my kids - special needs 5yo plus a tween who tells me things like how my 90s music is from 'the olden days' will do that. Most single/childless people in their late 30s probably still feel like kids themselves, lucky things.

But 60 middle aged? No, that's way too old, sorry. We don't live to 120, at least regularly. 60+ is on the verge of 'elderly' and is certainly considered 'senior citizen' here, you can use a seniors card and get discounted travel etc and go on the pension.

Middle aged is 40+ definitely, life expectancy is around ~80. 50 absolutely, to live to 100 is a very good run.
<snip>

Apologies for continuing OT, but...
You might want to reconsider your retirement planning! Yes, the typical person currently dies around 80. BUT, those are people who didn't have the health benefits and knowledge, when growing up, of those who are currently 40.

I am 60. I just plugged my stats in a life insurance company's life expectancy calculator, and my expected life is 88. My father is healthy and alive and kicking at 88 right now.

I think middle age is 45 to late 50s and rising every year. As for 35?? That's someone still trying to figure out their life! :cool:

Deleted due to not reading properly.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Not seeing yellow bruising at nose in my search using 'broken nose bruising" but seeing lots of examples when I search using 'nose job bruising.' Raccoon eyes with yellow and purple bruising.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Watercolor611