Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if they have any trace DNA found on the victim or the hardware attached to her.

Surely, the method and style of branding are indicators of many things. How sophisticated was the branding and the likely tools? How deep or superficial are the wounds?. How refined was the process? And, of course, the "message" and location are essential clues.

Just some random thoughts...

SP told LE that her captors concealed their faces, obviously so that she could not identify them.
KP relayed to the media that "anytime she was in a vehicle" she had a bag over her head.
SP was starved, tortured, beaten and branded, and the SCSO says it's not a symbol it's a message.

Those three things alone tell me, she was never going to be killed, but eventually released. I'm not at all saying "hoax" because I believe it all genuinely and really happened. But I will say this was a plan, by someone, for some sick and wicked reason.

So now I just wonder, who benefits in any way, by all this? KP and SP? No way ( accounts, no matter how fat they get, cannot compensate for terror, fear, pain and torture). Their families? No way. The two Hispanic women that hid their identities? Possibly. Were her captors the only ones involved? No, I don't believe they were at all, but it's certainly possible.

Someone obviously did this for a reason. Personal, financial, whatever.

I do believe this case will be solved and I think a lot of us will be going "whoa!" when the truth finally comes out.

moo.

That would be a reason to kill her, not let her go. Dead (wo)men tell not tales. Now she can testify against them in court.

This is what is driving me crazy about who the abductors were.

Most abductors IMO that would be willing to abduct her, brand her, beat her would have had no problem to kill her so there is less chance of getting caught.

So who are these abductors that let her go?

The million dollar question that is driving me crazy.

Missing Lewiston woman’s family turns to Cameron Gamble from Papini case

Family members of a missing Trinity County woman say they have spoken with Cameron Gamble, who offered a ransom for the safe return of kidnapping victim Sherri Papini, about a similar idea to find their missing relative.

Nicole Santos-Hamann said Monday the family also has conducted three searches and hired a private investigator and a search coordinator to find Stacy Smart, reported missing the same day as Sherri Papini, a Mountain Gate mother whose abduction garnered national attention.

http://www.redding.com/news/local/m...e-42ed7869-ee67-1244-e053-0100-404874846.html

I think they decided not to kill her, and that could be for a myriad of reasons. One of which might have been pure and simple fear.

(All of this is assuming the 2 Hispanic women scenario is true.)

I would think they would have killed her out of fear, not return her out of fear. Killing her and leaving her somewhere is distancing themselves from the crime. For as long as she lives there is always the possibility that it will catch up with them.

Just tossing this out, but is it possible that the women who abducted her were not the ones who imprisoned and tortured her? I'm trying to recall if LE gave any indication that the women were wanted for anything other than her abduction. What if they sold her to a trafficker who abused her then realizing she was a liability, wanted his money back and the women to dispose of her. These women may be capable of kidnapping and passing the victims off to traffickers, but maybe they're not murderers. If their faces were covered during the abduction, it would be easy enough to conceal themselves again during her release and SP would have very little knowledge of them. LE may already know who was responsible for the abuse (based on the branding), but need to find the women as well. Bill Garcia saying that there are people that do the abductions and sell for cash, makes me think that it is very possible that these women think they are running a game in which they would never be caught. There is also the report of the girl being attacked by 2 Hispanic women at the dog park with tasers. Women doing the dirty work and being less suspecting makes a lot of sense to me. All MOO.

So they kidnap her,beat her,brand her and let her go?
I'm not buying that.
They run the risk ok getting caught. I don't think these ppl leave witnesses.

This might be the case but I'm having a hard time believing traffickers would just let her go.

Something is just off to me.

I'm trying to understand this. Tell me why they didn't just kill and hide her body, if the media exposure made them nervous. tia!!! :)

Maybe they didn't want to kill Sherri because they aren't the murderous type. JMO

Finding out a bit more from good old WS. :)
It's like LE are "laying low" in order to snag a bigger fish... if so --good !
No one has the right to kidnap and abuse anyone !

It's a strange case because almost never do you hear about a kidnapping victim being set free. Elizabeth Smart was discovered and rescued. The girls in OH were able to escape.

Being set free is such a foreign concept given what we know about kidnappings ,that it's nearly unbelievable
That doesn't make it impossible.

Hoping for justice . I can live without all of the answers-- but I want those responsible to be served with the harshest sentence allowed by law.
:moo:

Missing Lewiston woman’s family turns to Cameron Gamble from Papini case

Family members of a missing Trinity County woman say they have spoken with Cameron Gamble, who offered a ransom for the safe return of kidnapping victim Sherri Papini, about a similar idea to find their missing relative.

Nicole Santos-Hamann said Monday the family also has conducted three searches and hired a private investigator and a search coordinator to find Stacy Smart, reported missing the same day as Sherri Papini, a Mountain Gate mother whose abduction garnered national attention.

http://www.redding.com/news/local/m...e-42ed7869-ee67-1244-e053-0100-404874846.html

I will be very interested to see if he goes in with guns a blazing on that case, and with the same intense publicity and hype.

But, but, but, CG stated the Anonymous Donor has returned the money to the bank.

Thanks, DeDee! And my dizziness returns!!!!! Does CG hear how odd that sounds? Guess not. I

Lots of posts about the mystery $ amount. Refusing to name an amount didn't lend any credibility to that whole deal, in my opinion. More money than I could spend. More money than I could imagine. Still thinking about that one. In my opinion, he came across as gratuitous.

I think they decided not to kill her, and that could be for a myriad of reasons. One of which might have been pure and simple fear.

(All of this is assuming the 2 Hispanic women scenario is true.)

Assuming it was true, they always intended to release her as otherwise there would be no reason for them to hide their identities. The hidden faces combined with releasing her on Thanksgiving all make it seem like her release was planned from the beginning.

This is what is driving me crazy about who the abductors were.

Most abductors IMO that would be willing to abduct her, brand her, beat her would have had no problem to kill her so there is less chance of getting caught.

So who are these abductors that let her go?

The million dollar question that is driving me crazy.

Maybe far fetched, but could it be that these women were themselves severely punished for abducting someone who would cause such a stir in the media, that they decided to punish SP even more by letting her live? Now she has to suffer with what they did to her. Had they killed her, she would no longer be suffering. JMO

If CG had been removed from this puzzle, it could have changed everything, and the outcome may not have been the same. Which it would not.

SP told LE that her captors concealed their faces, obviously so that she could not identify them.
KP relayed to the media that "anytime she was in a vehicle" she had a bag over her head.
SP was starved, tortured, beaten and branded, and the SCSO says it's not a symbol it's a message.

Those three things alone tell me, she was never going to be killed, but eventually released. I'm not at all saying "hoax" because I believe it all genuinely and really happened. But I will say this was a plan, by someone, for some sick and wicked reason.

So now I just wonder, who benefits in any way, by all this? KP and SP? No way ( accounts, no matter how fat they get, cannot compensate for terror, fear, pain and torture). Their families? No way. The two Hispanic women that hid their identities? Possibly. Were her captors the only ones involved? No, I don't believe they were at all, but it's certainly possible.

I do believe this case will be solved and I think a lot of us will be going "whoa!" when the truth finally comes out.

moo.

I like your angle, and have often said to myself, "Who benefits the most from this?"
I can't name them here since they have not been named a POI.

Okay????? So is the Sheriff always right, or can he be wrong sometimes?

Of course he can be wrong. But given the understanding that he has more info than we do, I think that gives him and the SCSO more credibility than random theories based on limited info. They have said that they do in fact have some "sensitive info" that is not being released to the public due to the integrity of the investigation. And let us not forget the numerous search warrants issued.

Bottom line: LE has more factual info than we do. And if they say "no, that had no part in this" who are we to say "oh yes it did!" You see what I mean?

I have a sneaking suspicion that suspect #1 and suspect #2 are part of a much larger group and I think LE know that. It's only a matter of time until the perps are caught. MOO

I can see that. Some where there are people who have suspicions about neighbors, relatives, etc. And these women could be low level and may have made some rookie mistakes. That might explain the torture and physical disfigurement, if only temporary, and the reason for and method of release.

SP may well have given them a struggle, too, both physically and verbally. JMO

Those three things alone tell me, she was never going to be killed,
but eventually released. I'm not at all saying "hoax" because I believe it all genuinely and really happened. But I will say this was a plan, by someone, for some sick and wicked reason.

moo.

Great Points.

So many great points by many people today.

So they kidnap her,beat her,brand her and let her go?
I'm not buying that.
They run the risk ok getting caught. I don't think these ppl leave witnesses.

This might be the case but I'm having a hard time believing traffickers would just let her go.

Something is just off to me.

I don't think traffickers would let her go either. They have nothing to lose.

I think the intent was always to let her go, hence hiding their faces, covering hers, and branding her with a "message." Who would have read the message if she'd been murdered and her body hidden somewhere?

I also wonder if their faces were really hidden or if SP was threatened that if she told what they looked like, they would come after her and her family.

The anonymous donor posted a YouTube video? And he left identifying information that a miscreant could use to steal the money?

I'm referring to CG's YouTube video titled "November 22, 2016," posted 11/23, in which he says the anonymous donor has left Redding to be with his family for Thanksgiving but has left behind 100Gs in cash that CG is ready to deliver to the individuals who have SP. So, yes, this strikes me as an identifiable someone saying on YouTube that he has $100,000 on hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member