Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe you are missing a couple of threads? Just kidding :D

It was splashed all over: Stream media, Social Media; English and Spanish versions. (at least the letter).

Ok thanks. I didn't come into this case until after she was found so I did miss a lot.

But why set her free?
These ppl obviously have no respect for human life so why release her?

Maybe because they know they will never be caught.

As Classy1 has posted, possibly because she became too much of a liability with all the media coverage.

That's what my inference as well. And, that's what Gamble has been telling the media since Sherri's return.

Maybe it's true; could be. But, it's just a theory unless/until the people who held Sherri are caught and claim that's why they released her. Or, Sherri tells investigators that her abductors let it be known to her that they released her because of the ransom/reward heat and that's confirmed. Or, a witness/tipster makes that claim and it's then verified.

If CG had been removed from this puzzle, it could have changed everything, and the outcome may not have been the same. Which it would not.

So how might suspect #1 and suspect # 2 be tracked down? Any ideas?

Also, who among us, with a hundred thousand in cash on our person or in our home, office, or car, would post a video on YouTube announcing that fact?

The anonymous donor posted a YouTube video? And he left identifying information that a miscreant could use to steal the money?

As Classy1 has posted, possibly because she became too much of a liability with all the media coverage.

So they kidnap her,beat her,brand her and let her go?
I'm not buying that.
They run the risk ok getting caught. I don't think these ppl leave witnesses.

This might be the case but I'm having a hard time believing traffickers would just let her go.

Something is just off to me.

Yeah, nevermind how difficult would be to get lots of cash really quickly without the bank not outright denying you and/or directing the feds to keep on eye out for you. In the Mansion Murders the most the CEO was able to pull out quickly to pay for his ransom was $40K, so the huge sums talked about involving the 'anonymous donor' are implausible.

But, but, but, CG stated the Anonymous Donor has returned the money to the bank.

If CG had been removed from this puzzle, it could have changed everything, and the outcome may not have been the same. Which it would not.

The SCSO has said several times that they don't believe CG's tactics had anything to do with her being released (I'm paraphrasing and without a link, since it's been repeatedly posted already).

Obviously they have more info that we do. I'll go with them on this one.

I hear you. I lived in SoCal many years and when I read "cold country" I immediately wondered if it was a typo that was supposed to mean "gold" country. But then when the neighbor was quoted as saying "where there's snow on the ground" I think that's actually what he did mean to say. In the 20/20 piece MG and SP were walking along what looked like a long driveway or trail and there is snow on the ground.

Either way, you're right. The MSM has reported tons of conflicting things in this case. I don't know if that's because the info THEY are getting is conflicting, or what. It's rather annoying though.

Maybe Lake Tahoe? The elevation is higher, therefore snow on the mountain tops?

I live in BC, Canada, and some parts of the province had snow on top the mountains early November.

That would be a reason to kill her, not let her go. Dead (wo)men tell not tales. Now she can testify against them in court.

Even though I find CG to be shady, I will admit it's certainly possible. It's also possible they might have freaked out killed her once the pressure became too great. Perhaps we will know someday. CG obviously has good intentions, and we are all glad there has been a somewhat happy ending (hard to say "happy" with all the terrible injuries.)

Newb question: what is BBM?

So how might suspect #1 and suspect # 2 be tracked down? Any ideas?

I have a sneaking suspicion that suspect #1 and suspect #2 are part of a much larger group and I think LE know that. It's only a matter of time until the perps are caught. MOO

I'm not discounting or arguing against your theory, lbiz -- it's a possibility. I'm just pointing out that we have no basis to consider it a fact at this time.

That would be a reason to kill her, not let her go. Dead (wo)men tell not tales. Now she can testify against them in court.

I think they decided not to kill her, and that could be for a myriad of reasons. One of which might have been pure and simple fear.

(All of this is assuming the 2 Hispanic women scenario is true.)

I don't think her being released had anything to do with the ransom or reverse ransom. I do think she was released because she became too much of a liability due to her exposure in the media.

I'm trying to understand this. Tell me why they didn't just kill and hide her body, if the media exposure made them nervous. tia!!! :)

I'm not going to sit and argue. I'm typing this on a little iPhone, but I am disagreeing with you. I think CG has been a hero in this case. I don't know about his others.

IMO CG is not a hero nor a perp either. He is just a pawn by CHOICE. He was added to the equation in a post mortem fashion. I will say he danced with a liability dressed as an investment. The risk taken is backfiring.

<modsnip>

JMO JMO JMO JMO

Even though I find CG to be shady, I will admit it's certainly possible. It's also possible they might have freaked out killed her once the pressure became too great. Perhaps we will know someday. CG obviously has good intentions, and we are all glad there has been a somewhat happy ending (hard to say "happy" with all the terrible injuries.)

Newb question: what is BBM?

Bolded By Me. :)

I have a sneaking suspicion that suspect #1 and suspect #2 are part of a much larger group and I think LE know that. It's only a matter of time until the perps are caught. MOO

Yes! Me too!

The SCSO has said several times that they don't believe CG's tactics had anything to do with her being released (I'm paraphrasing and without a link, since it's been repeatedly posted already).

Obviously they have more info that we do. I'll go with them on this one.

Okay????? So is the Sheriff always right, or can he be wrong sometimes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aholloway14744