Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you, rsd.

When LE released the suspect descriptions given by Sherri, there was no mention of eye shape or eye color, to the best of my recollection.

I wonder if the Daily Mail reference to seeing their eyes is coming from the article's author? If Sherri really did see the eyes of abductors unfamiliar to her, that might be helpful to her identifying them if they're captured.

I was struck by the opposite description of the 2.

One older and one younger

One with greying hair and one not

Someone earlier had an interesting suggestion that maybe they were Mom and Daughter?

One of them had thin eyebrows which could mean a younger person actually getting her eyebrows done for appearance sake. Ever since we heard about the eyebrow store which was so ironic I keep wondering if the thin eyebrows was someone who had them done.

Anyway as a possible motive consideration. Could it have been a younger girl who somehow got really peeved at her and recruited her Mom to get revenge on her.

Really? Are you sure you're not thinking of the New York Times?

The New York Post has been around for over 200 years. It's founder was Alexander Hamilton. You can certainly argue against its Daily Mail-like style, but yes, it's definitely a mainstream American paper.

Edited to add: I should say it's a mainstream American tabloid newspaper, famous for its racy, pun-filled headlines. The most famous being "Headless Body in Topless Bar."

The relevance is that they were written by the person who was abducted.

Do I need anything beyond that? This is a discussion board. Even if I don't see a connection, others might.

It does provide some background. It shows she is outspoken, and that can go toward motive.

Frankly, a 'hater' is as good a reason as any at this point. How do you know that this wasn't done by somebody who blames Sherri for ruining their life by shutting down their business with a bad review?

My reason for seeking this out, though, was that I want to see as many examples of Sherri's writing as possible, so I can compare them against things she might have written.

I sort of agree but I didn't think we were allowed to sleuth Sherri, the victim of this crime

I'm sure there are some British people that celebrate thanksgiving, but if this donor was British him going home for thanksgiving makes no sense to me LOL

They do allow British people to reside in the US, and even marry US citizens, :)

Thus going home could be going somewhere else in the US to celebrate with their family.

Well, it doesn't sound to me like LE are hot on the trail of the two Hispanic women. :gaah:

I can. I think that it's possible because that's what happened.

Or that was the original agreement: to held her captive until they were instructed to release her ?

Really? Are you sure you're not thinking of the New York Times?

I wasn't thinking of the Times, no.

How does it get more mainstream than the New York Post?

It's a fully staffed commercial venture that covers mainstream topics, isn't it?

I wonder if the Family Medical Leave Act would cover this? Best Buy may not be legally able to fire KP even if they wanted to but I agree it's in their best interest to not fire him. If he had a good reputation with his supervisors they may even help him get a job in another place. And there are many tech jobs that would even allow a telecommute where KP could mostly work from home to stay with SP more.
Yeah, it should qualify for FMLA.

I looked at that NY Post "article."

They made up a salacious headline.

They repeated that KP took & passed a polygraph. But they also have an earlier quote that "nothing is being ruled out." So NY Post made up the "husband cannot be excluded" as their headline.

Caveat Emptor & Reader

They heavily imply that KP just took another polygraph. After the release of SP. And that quote from the sheriff about keeping an open mind is a new quote, isn't it?

Why was it even important to point out they are staying with "wealthy" relatives??? I wonder if that fact is even true, or another liberal interpretation by writers. I put no stock in that at all, and not even sure I believe they are out of town. It also doesn't matter (to me).

I thought that was a horrible statement if her neighbor really said that. After everything, why would someone point out that they're staying with wealthy relatives? Why not just say, relatives? And why say up north? It's supposed to be a private location.

To me it sounds like another hateful, finger pointing troll. I wouldn't credit that article at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe it just me, but I kidnapped someone, I would wear a wig and full disguise. Why would these women keep their hair the same, if indeed it was their real hair/hairstyles when with SP? Hair is so easy to change, from long to short, even from short to long, color ,style etc...

Jmo the info given by SP is less than useless unless someone close to perps saw them on the day she went missing, or during those weeks. AND feels inclined to turn them in.

They heavily imply that KP just took another polygraph. After the release of SP. And that quote from the sheriff about keeping an open mind is a new quote, isn't it?

That sounds like the same thing that was quoted in Daily Beast article/David Lohr

Thank you, rsd.

When LE released the suspect descriptions given by Sherri, there was no mention of eye shape or eye color, to the best of my recollection.

I wonder if the Daily Mail reference to seeing their eyes is coming from the article's author? If Sherri really did see the eyes of abductors unfamiliar to her, that might be helpful to her identifying them if they're captured.

I'm guessing they are just speculating since she described their eyebrows that she saw their eyes.

She may have been terrified to look them in the eyes. Who knows?

I'm with your mom. Instead of looking at who benefits from SP's abduction, look at who suffers: KP (and kids). Who would want him to suffer, and why? (Sorry, no answers from me, just thinking out loud.)
Well, in most brutal crimes, the family of the victim usually suffers greatly, be it a spouse, parent, child, or whomever. It'd be the exception, not the rule, if a crime was perpetrated on one victim simply to make a particular family member suffer. I've heard no compelling reason to think Keith was the ultimate target.

The New York Post has been around for over 200 years. It's founder was Alexander Hamilton. You can certainly argue against its Daily Mail-like style, but yes, it's definitely a mainstream American paper.

Agree

I know the paper well from having lived in NYC. They are the "best" at creating "catchy head turning headlines".

Their actual writers however IMO do a really good job of writing the articles in a somewhat simple fashion so that all cultures in NY can understand the content. The paper now has nationwide distribution like the Times and others although their style was manufactured primarily for the NY audience IMO.

I miss it. :(

The relevance is that they were written by the person who was abducted.

Do I need anything beyond that? This is a discussion board. Even if I don't see a connection, others might.

It does provide some background. It shows she is outspoken, and that can go toward motive.

Frankly, a 'hater' is as good a reason as any at this point. How do you know that this wasn't done by somebody who blames Sherri for ruining their life by shutting down their business with a bad review?

My reason for seeking this out, though, was that I want to see as many examples of Sherri's writing as possible, so I can compare them against things she might have written.

I sort of agree but I didn't know if we are supposed to sleuth Sherri, she's the crime victim

Maybe it just me, but I kidnapped someone, I would wear a wig and full disguise. Why would these women keep their hair the same, if indeed it was their real hair/hairstyles when with SP? Hair is so easy to change, from long to short, even from short to long, color ,style etc...

Jmo the info given by SP is less than useless unless someone close to perps saw them on the day she went missing, or during those weeks. AND feels inclined to turn them in.

LOL But everyone is chastising LE for not finding them.....JMO

Yeah, I didn't want to 'scoop' whoever asked.

But since they don't seem to be posting it, here's the link:

Abducted jogger’s husband not ruled out as a suspect

That article is seriously lacking in details or citations, though.

That statement from Bosenko about keeping an open mind is old. Notice they don't quote the sheriff saying they're not ruling KP out as a suspect? I feel like I'm reading celebrity tabloids. This is awful!

You know, that's a great point. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member