Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From the FBI website:

Other young people are recruited into prostitution through forced abduction, pressure from parents, or through deceptive agreements between parents and traffickers. Once these children become involved in prostitution, they often are forced to travel far from their homes and, as a result, are isolated from their friends and family. Few children in this situation can develop new relationships with peers or adults other than the person victimizing them. The lifestyle of such youths revolves around violence, forced drug use, and constant threats.8

Among children and teens living on the streets in the United States, involvement in commercial sex activity is a problem of epidemic proportion. Many girls living on the street engage in formal prostitution, and some become entangled in nationwide organized crime networks where they are trafficked nationally. Criminal networks transport these children around the United States by a variety of means—cars, buses, vans, trucks, or planes—and often provide them counterfeit identification to use in the event of arrest. The average age at which girls first become victims of prostitution is 12 to 14. It is not only the girls on the streets who are affected; boys and transgender youth enter into prostitution between the ages of 11 and 13 on average.9

The Operation

Today, the business of human sex trafficking is much more organized and violent. These women and young girls are sold to traffickers, locked up in rooms or brothels for weeks or months, drugged, terrorized, and raped repeatedly.10 These continual abuses make it easier for the traffickers to control their victims. The captives are so afraid and intimidated that they rarely speak out against their traffickers, even when faced with an opportunity to escape.

https://leb.fbi.gov/2011/march/human-sex-trafficking

Imo SP could, with her small frame, long hair and exercise clothes on, easily be mistaken for an 18-24 year old.
Why do you think she was abducted?

Scary....I agree with you AND Katy on this one. :D

I am wondering if the branding was done, maybe sloppily, as an effort toward misleading police, once they knew they would be releasing her. Maybe it occured early on, but they did not know how/when to release her and finally decided that early morning on the holiday would be safest. Maybe LE could not gain much from the "message" because it was purposely vague, or incorrect as to what the perps were trying to mislead LE with, i.e they wanted to point to a specific gang, for example, but got the wording wrong.

I realize this may be off the wall, but, this whole thing is off the wall, however, could someone like a Todd Kohlhepp have fell for her from afar, and had her snatched, and planned to just keep her as their own, forever and ever? Then lost their nerve? Maybe this was their first attempt and they freaked out and let her go. If it was two women, maybe they're that someone's accomplices and are kinda like a couple of Hispanic Leslie Van Houtens (who saw Charlie Manson as Jesus Christ "eye roll"), so they were persuaded to get him what he wanted. Then, look at the Ariel Castro case. He had managed to kidnap three women! One had been missing for 10 years. Just tossing out a couple of thoughts.

Is it common for sex traffickers to starve abductees? I'm not entirely caught up but the very limited information we have alludes to sex trafficking IMO. However she lost 20+ pounds in the time she was missing. They were feeding her either very infrequently or not at all. Would this be a tactic for "breaking" someone so to speak? Or a method of control, as in, "If you don't cooperate you're not getting food"? Or did they simply not care or didn't think it was a worthy "investment"...

Is it common for sex traffickers to starve abductees? I'm not entirely caught up but the very limited information we have alludes to sex trafficking IMO. However she lost 20+ pounds in the time she was missing. They were feeding her either very infrequently or not at all. Would this be a tactic for "breaking" someone so to speak? Or a method of control, as in, "If you don't cooperate you're not getting food"? Or did they simply not care or didn't think it was a worthy "investment"...

It is common for sex trafficking victims to be malnourished. Lake16, the verified insider said she lost 13lbs. They may have fed her scraps. She may have not had much of an appetite either. If they drugged her that could have also played a role.

Oh interesting, nice catch!

❤

It is a non-issue. This was discussed in earlier threads, subsequently addressed by the Sheriff, and explained/clarified earlier today by Lake16 in the following post:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ng-2-November-2016-17&p=12987604#post12987604

1. Sherri being classified as "voluntarily missing" was the result of a database entry made by a California Department of Justice employee. The SCSO immediately publicly objected to that and the classification was corrected in short order.

Websleuths has zero tolerance for posts that attack other members or appear designed to incite conflict within the thread. Such posts will be removed, and members will be subject to temporary or permanent loss of posting privileges.

:wave:

I'm not saying a middle class suburban mom has never been kidnapped and held captive by sex traffickers. What surprises me is how many people posting in this thread that believe sex traffickers forcibly kidnapping women who fit SP's profile is something that happens regularly.

http://theihti.org/abduction-myths-surrounding-human-trafficking/

I don' t think it happens regularly. I know it is very rare. But it does happen. Especially if the victim looks very young.

I realize this may be off the wall, but, this whole thing is off the wall, however, could someone like a Todd Kohlhepp have fell for her from afar, and had her snatched, and planned to just keep her as their own, forever and ever? Then lost their nerve? Maybe this was their first attempt and they freaked out and let her go. If it was two women, maybe they're that someone's accomplices and are kinda like a couple of Hispanic Leslie Van Houtens (who saw Charlie Manson as Jesus Christ "eye roll"), so they were persuaded to get him what he wanted. Then, look at the Ariel Castro case. He had managed to kidnap three women! One had been missing for 10 years. Just tossing out a couple of thoughts.

I don't think your theory about SP being taken by someone obsessed with her is off the wall at all. I've kept this in mind as a possibility all along. To me it makes more sense than trafficking because I've always thought that SP was specifically targeted by someone who knew her or knew of her. The torture inflicted on her could have been to break her or punish her for not fulfilling the fantasy of the one obsessed with her. I agree that in this scenario, she was released out of panic that she would be found, especially with the reward offered.

My other theory is that she was taken and held to cause pain or send an intimidating message to SP or someone else in her inner circle. Being held for three weeks doesn't negate this possibility IMO. It's long enough to really send a message. Releasing her with signs of torture sends a clear message. I believe the brand is a "message" in this sense, not specific words. Any old brand shape would do, even a curling iron. The mark itself sends a message of power, control, ownership and a reminder to the intended recipient.
All JMO

I am not aware of any money being paid to KP (or requested by KP) for any reason relating to any of the interviews that were done. Prior to SP's release, every interview he did was solely to get increased exposure/publicity for his missing wife with the hope that would help keep her alive. I've been told that he chose ABC for the post release interview because he felt their reporters had treated Sherri's abduction story fairly and interviewed KP respectfully while she was missing.
I'm not sure.

I do not believe ABC would have aired that footage without consent of KP.

I remember after the Casey Anthony debacle, several major networks pledged to stop paying for interviews. But, I read recently that a lot of the networks continue to pay for exclusive photos and video footage as an alternate form of compensation.

It's possible that with all the expected expenses required for recuperation, relocation, and counseling... KP agreed to such an arrangement (especially if he'd already planned for the family not to return to his family home)?

The theory of a Charles Manson type psycho who recruits Hispanic women to snatch blonde Americans - only to later get cold feet and release his victim - is certainly possible, and would explain some peculiar things about this case. But is it likely? I think it's incredibly unlikely. But it's still possible, and I commend you for thinking "out of the box" to fit the known facts to the possibilities.

We have no information that anyone was involved in this apparent abduction outside of the two alleged Hispanic women. Nobody has gone on record or even off record to say anything else. At some point I think we really have to take what we know as fact: SP claims she was abducted by two Hispanic women, and nobody else was involved in her disappearance.

One of my theories was a gang initiation gone wrong. But that cannot be true if only two Hispanic women were involved in the crime. I suppose it's possible that SP knew of other attackers, but was scared into silence. In that case, I can't see the family going anywhere without police protection. I would much rather entrust my safety to the police than the good will of former abductors who threatened me. So I don't see this as likely.

Imo SP could, with her small frame, long hair and exercise clothes on, easily be mistaken for an 18-24 year old.
Why do you think she was abducted?

She was snatched from a rural area. Her alleged abductors must have known she would be there, and waited until she was vulnerable. This implies premeditation. Not, "Hey, look a young, blonde American, let's snatch her!" Premeditation implies a bit of planning, and foreknowledge of the victim. They would know where she lives, see her husband, kids, etc.

It's highly unlikely this was a case of mistaken identity, and it's highly unlikely she was the intended victim of sex trafficking. I believe LE is skeptical of this, and only the PI hired by SP's family has said it's a possibility.

One of the things that has surprised me in this case is how people close to SP (husband, friends, hired investigator, hired consultant) seem confused about what happened, as well. You hear this during KP's interview, you hear this in statements made by people close to SP who are speaking publicly, you hear it from their hired PI who says he thinks its sex trafficking (but isn't sure).

That implies to me they are not sure why this abduction occurred, even though they surely must have a lot of info from SP herself about what happened during her abduction. Which means there aren't a lot of things unknown to the public. At least bombshells that would take this case in a very clear direction. Everyone seems confused.

That's rather astonishing to me. 22 days in captivity, and no clue as to why. Not even from people close to her.

I was just thinking and this could have been brought up since I am new to this blog... since Sherri is an avid runner, I wonder if she had a smart watch? KP does work for a technology company after all. I have one and it can track my location. No one would think about searching for it since it's relatively new technology. I noticed in one of her pictures that she could be wearing one, but it's hard to tell. I think this situation will make me never leave home without it and of course my Rottweiler!

One of the things that has surprised me in this case is how people close to SP (husband, friends, hired investigator, hired consultant) seem confused about what happened, as well. You hear this during KP's interview, you hear this in statements made by people close to SP who are speaking publicly, you hear it from their hired PI who says he thinks its sex trafficking (but isn't sure).

That implies to me they are not sure why this abduction occurred, even though they surely must have a lot of info from SP herself about what happened during her abduction. Which means there aren't a lot of things unknown to the public. At least bombshells that would take this case in a very clear direction. Everyone seems confused.

That's rather astonishing to me. 22 days in captivity, and no clue as to why. Not even from people close to her.

There is a lot that the public doesn't know about this case IMO. LE has told KP to keep things secret. I don't know why. Some of the family and friends don't know why, but that is what he was told. Because of all the skepticism I'm sure KP and others are dying to give the public more info, but they are trying to listen to LE. And apparently LE thinks if this info gets out to the public it could jeopardize the case.

Thread is now closed and will reopen tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member