Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Imo SP could, with her small frame, long hair and exercise clothes on, easily be mistaken for an 18-24 year old.
Why do you think she was abducted?

I don't know, but I think gang initiation, hate crime or kidnapping for sexual assault and torture, are far more likely motives. Human trafficking would be at the very bottom of my list.

I don't know, but I think gang initiation, hate crime or kidnapping for sexual assault and torture, are far more likely motives. Human trafficking would be at the very bottom of my list.

I agree that this could be why she was taken as well. That's my second theory. All three in your first sentence combined into one.

It's a bit hard to take information from an organization called "Hookers for Jesus" seriously. That information is very generic. Are any of those 467 adult victims of sex trafficking really 99 years old? I seriously doubt it. It sounds to me like a number they just pulled out of a hat, because it sounds good.

I would be interested to read some articles that are more specific then that.

With all due respect, I would take the word from an actual ST victim than I would a poster on WS, who has never been in the ST business. We truly don't know all the faces of ST. The 467 adult victims is not something Hookers for Jesus stated, its the article reporting the Metro Police Dept numbers.

Also from the article linked: A pimp picked up Susie (last name withheld), a resident of Destiny House, when she was 32. She had just gone through a divorce and was feeling extra vulnerable at the time, she said.

Destiny House is a safe house program founded by Lobert.

“I was a soccer mom — totally squared out,” Susie said. “I volunteered at church and was someone who was pretty innocent, but he molded me to be exactly how he wanted me to be. I was in the industry for 5½ years.”

Has this been posted?

New news story...apologies if links aren't allowed but it's MSM so hopefully ok.

[video=youtube;h0Z_DDAo2Vk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0Z_DDAo2Vk[/video]

I finally had time to take a look at the google map of the area where SP was found. I’m going to assume she first tried to find help the J'sW Church on the east side of I5. There is what looks like a quick little on/off ramp there. If this is the case, the suspect vehicle would likely be headed north. Should this be true, the first opportunity for a stop (after dropping SP) would be the Pilot travel Center, just a little further north. In order to be headed north, one would assume they must have been coming from the south (to release), which means they had to at one point been coming from the north (abduction). The I5 corridor between Redding and Sacramento holds the clues to solving this mystery. There must be a plethora of traffic cams on that route to assist investigators?

It's a bit hard to take information from an organization called "Hookers for Jesus" seriously. That information is very generic. Are any of those 467 adult victims of sex trafficking really 99 years old? I seriously doubt it. It sounds to me like a number they just pulled out of a hat, because it sounds good.

I would be interested to read some articles that are more specific then that.

The name may turn you away but the statistics are real. And people taking this as a joke is one of the reasons victims are afraid to speak up. I hate to break the news, but not all prostitutes chose to be in that profession. Many of them are disgusted that they were forced, and tortured into it. Several are so drugged up to numb the pain, they can't even remember what life was like before it. JMO.

The name may turn you away but the statistics are real. And people taking this as a joke is one of the reasons victims are afraid to speak up. I hate to break the news, but not all prostitutes chose to be in that profession. Many of them are disgusted that they were forced, and tortured into it. Several are so drugged up to numb the pain, they can't even remember what life was like before it. JMO.

Well said, thank you.

Not sure if this has been shared before:

"Deputies haven’t identified anyone suspected of involvement in Papini’s difference, though they are checking with registered sex offenders who live in the area. Bosenko said. A search of the state’s sex offender registry reveals four men reported living within about a mile of where Papini’s phone was found.
Bosenko wouldn’t say whether deputies had cleared any of those four men of their involvement, citing the ongoing investigation.

Sherri.png

Also, uploaded the location of where she went missing. Not far from the interstate.

Source ~ http://archive.redding.com/news/loc...sing-from-area-west-of-Redding-399779021.html

I'm dense, I guess. I'm having a hard time following. She sent the text after being abducted? Do you think the abductors let her do it? Why? What purpose would it serve? If you think the abductors did not know she was sending the text, then why didn't she tell her husband she had just been abducted?

Just a thought... Sherri's neighbor reported seeing her near the mailboxes at approximately 9:00am, maybe she had trouble with cell reception? he also said it appeared she was on the phone or receiving a call at that time.

Also, could the kidnappers have left some sort of message or picture on Sherri's phone? Some have mentioned the quick response by Keith in pursuing this angle. IMO, Simply guessing

Susie said. “I volunteered at church and was someone who was pretty innocent, but he molded me to be exactly how he wanted me to be. I was in the industry for 5½ years.”
[/B]

I'm amazed that this notion of sex trafficking where woman are kidnapped and forced into prostitution is so pervasive. This woman Susie says "in the industry". That's what people in LA say when they work in the entertainment business. She may have been pressured to work for an abusive pimp but she certainly wasn't chained to a radiator in a basement.

Can anyone on this board show me a case where a middle class thirty something mother with no close criminal ties, who wasn't a recent immigrant or wasn't a drug addict was forcibly kidnapped by sex traffickers and held captive for an extended period?

1-gang initiation: Being in California my entire life, I am pretty familiar with gang culture. I have never heard of this type of gang initiation happening before. I know of them doing the 'jumping in' ritual, or the 'armed robbery' or 'drive by' crimes, to prove yourself. I have never heard of them chaining up a jogger then releasing her 3 weeks later as an initiation.

2-hate crime: this is certainly a possible element of the crime. It's just hard for me to believe it would go on for so long. It seems there would be more of a motive or it would have been a quick besting and then thrown out quickly. jmo

3- sexual assault and torture: If that was the entire motive, I'd think they'd have killed her at the end. JMO

I'm amazed that this notion of sex trafficking where woman are kidnapped and forced into prostitution is so pervasive. This woman Susie says "in the industry". That's what people in LA say when they work in the entertainment business. She may have been pressured to work for an abusive pimp but she certainly wasn't chained to a radiator in a basement.

Can anyone on this board show me a case where a middle class thirty something mother with no close criminal ties, who wasn't a recent immigrant or wasn't a drug addict was forcibly kidnapped by sex traffickers and held captive for an extended period?

BBM. How do you know? Do you know her personal story as a ST victim to say this definitively? Young, at risk girls may be norm in your area for ST, but please don't assume kidnapping suburban adult women doesn't exist.

It is quite common for the victims to be chained in the basement during the 'breaking in' period of their detainment.

It woudl take more time for the perps to put her in the car and THEN go back, and coil it up themselves. Easier to train a gun on her and tell her to put her phone down. Really, it only takes a few seconds to coil up your ear buds.

Huh...never thought of that. Good one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member