Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think the people who were really the target got the message? Did they understand it was meant for them? If so, don't you think they explained it to LE? If so, LE should know the motive.

Exactly. The husband, family, their friends, relatives, co workers, finances, phone records...etc have been investigated for over a month. I think LE would have uncovered any personal/revenge motive involving Sherri or her husband

I agree. I really think the most likely scenario is that when she was confronted by the women, who had a gun, they saw the phone and told her to put it down. I doubt there's any reason for them to have abducted her elsewhere and risked coming back to place her phone neatly. They wouldn't have wanted that phone with them in that car, no matter how long or short the trip, where it would ping and give away their whereabouts at certain points.

Jumping off yours because it made me think of something.

My thought on the neatness of the placement of the phone was if someone is pointing a gun at me and telling me to "lose" the phone or whatever else was in my hand, I am going to very very slowly, with no sudden movements, lay whatever is in my hands down on the ground, being very careful to keep my hands splayed out in a very visible manner so nobody gets a nervous trigger finger. But that is just me others might feel they would drop that thing like a hot potato.

Someone did in an earlier thread, and found it was CG himself that registered the domain.

Wow, that was a blatant lie, then
Why would you tweet that you just got charity status when you didn't, if not to mislead and scam people.

Wait a minute...wait a minute.....
Are you saying that CG didn't register the domain anonymously? Or did an awesome WS know how to get around that?
Please tell me he's not that dim?????

I can't speak for anyone else, but, like you, my first response would be pick it up

Just to add another perspective on this, I am deeply intuitive when it comes to anything going on, especially with my spouse and children. In that situation I would know in my bones and my gut without a shadow of doubt that something terrible had happened and that my next move would be calling the police.

He could be in hot water legally for claiming to have non profit status and letting that claim stand.

If he did the domain himself, I think it wouldn't be a stretch to believe that CG and the "donor" might be one and the same? Unless this LJ turns out to be credible and attests to the two of them being separate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BINGO!!!!! That is what I am thinking......and no real ransom....JMO add ransom money back in the bank? which "banks" A real money trail is traceable........JMO

Are you saying that CG didn't register the domain anonymously? Or did an awesome WS know how to get around that?

I swear I remember someone posting that he registered it and how they figured it out, but I've just been looking for the post I remember and I can't find it. Does anyone else remember it?

Unless someone can verify that he did indeed register it you'd better ignore me in case I dreamt it or something!

KP has been cleared so I don't know why this matters. He didn't plant her phone, or organize an abduction.
said he wasnt CLEARED.

Im thinking something was happening in this familys life before she went missing.
He went into Detective mode pretty quick

I never said he was guilty of anything and im very aware he was Cleared.

Just a subject to discuss since we discussed everything else..

This is the first I've heard that the domain was in CG's name.

He could be in hot water legally for claiming to have non profit status and letting that claim stand.

If he did the domain himself, I think it wouldn't be a stretch to believe that CG and the "donor" might be one and the same? Unless this LJ turns out to be credible and attests to the two of them being separate.

Well, the VI expressed high regard for LJ and her family. So, there's that. Plus, LJ said she spoke with the anonymous donor. So, he's clearly not CG. Unless we want to include LJ in some convoluted theory, it seems as though CG was persuaded to help after the fact. Remember, this was not a kidnapping for ransom case. No ransom was ever demanded. No negotiations were ever conducted. So, CG wasn't even an ideal person to bring into the case, since his experience is in ransom negotiation. CG seemed to realize it, according to the article. So did Keith. But Keith, obviously desperate and wanting to keep Sherri in the public eye, changed his mind. It all seems plausible to me.

CG seems to be a person who wears many hats. JMO

Yep. Almost-pilot (darn that color-blindness). Plane fueler. Chauffeur. Limbo artist (see what I did there?). Intrepid hostage negotiator. Head of a non-prof... oops, never mind. Entrepreneur.

Is it possible to point out where this has been discussed?
I know there are so many threads , so don't worry if you can't
Never heard anything about KP thinking like LE before

Dushi....
oh wow...I have no idea how far back it was discussed. Can anyone else comment on this? Possibly I pulled the tidbit our of my....donkey.

Actually, it's not that I simply "don't know", it is my actual belief from conversations with family members which leads me to this conclusion that KP did not request, nor receive, any funds for interviews, pictures, etc. In regard to what was shown on 20/20, KP gave the interview which lasted 4 hours and was cut to around 30 minutes? Final edited content and editorial privileges belonged to ABC and was not pre-approved by KP. Camera footage of their home has been floating around since shortly after the abduction and other interviews were done inside the home. That is the source of the footage shown.
Thank you for replying, Lake16.

I too thought ABC was fair and respectful in its coverage of the missing person case, and in its national post-release interviews with Keith Papini. ABC’s local Shasta affiliate was quite supportive of Lisa Jeter and Cameron Gamble in their post-release interview as well, in my opinion.

While I understand that you don’t know if KP received any form of compensation from ABC for the 20/20 post-release exclusive, can you confirm that KP agreed to the setting and authorized the footage of the Papini family home to be broadcasted?

If so, I think the concern about ABC being irresponsible for showing the family home, after Keith Papini had previously requested privacy, can be put to rest. That concern was the basis of the post to which I responded and a few other posts that I’ve read. Thank you, in advance.

I'm guessing that he photo'd it to show its placement and also the time on his photo reflects what time he found it. LE is not certain that it wasn't deliberately "placed" there, though...but did not say why they think that. JMO Maybe just because it seemed to be NEATLY placed.

Just so I have things clear on this....after taking the photos did KP leave the phone in situ, call LE and wait at the phone location for them to turn up or take photos and take it back home were LE turned up?

Sorry if this is a silly question but I haven't followed this case as closely as others.

Do you think the people who were really the target got the message? Did they understand it was meant for them? If so, don't you think they explained it to LE? If so, LE should know the motive.
Perhaps they can't tell LE. Conditions for staying safe? Jmo.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

He must have thought the second he saw it that it was a clue to a crime. He must have thought abduction the second he saw the phone, and been thinking in terms of preserving evidence. Although if he was that sure, idk why he didn't call call LE to come and see the phone for themselves, rather than just taking pictures then picking it up and risk destroying forensic evidence.
Jmo.

I agree with others that if my wife was missing and lo and behold there is her phone sitting right there then I am pretty darn sure I would grab it and start to see if anything on it could help me find her.

Time is of the essence if I suspected she is missing and then i think I would try to do everything in my power to find her. If phone sitting right there I am pretty sure I would grab it and start digging in it to try to find her by seeing who last called and who she called or texted last.

Then of course I would immediately call LE to get help from them if I cant find her quickly.

Yep. Almost-pilot (darn that color-blindness). Plane fueler. Chauffeur. Limbo artist (see what I did there?). Intrepid hostage negotiator. Head of a non-prof... oops, never mind. Entrepreneur.

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

I swear I remember someone posting that he registered it and how they figured it out, but I've just been looking for the post I remember and I can't find it. Does anyone else remember it?

Unless someone can verify that he did indeed register it you'd better ignore me in case I dreamt it or something!

I believe I was the one who first asked about the domain registration. It’s a proxy registration via GoDaddy—no name. I surmised that law enforcement would have wanted to get the registrant’s name from GoDaddy. I do not believe anyone here at WS was able to reveal the registrant; indeed, that would be hard to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper