Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He must have thought the second he saw it that it was a clue to a crime. He must have thought abduction the second he saw the phone, and been thinking in terms of preserving evidence. Although if he was that sure, idk why he didn't call call LE to come and see the phone for themselves, rather than just taking pictures then picking it up and risk destroying forensic evidence.
Jmo.
I remember reading that he immediately called 911 when he discovered the phone. Is it on record that Keith actually picked up the phone?

I can't speak for anyone else, but, like you, my first response would be pick it up

I think that would be my initial reaction as well which makes me think someone has threatened this couple in the past. Perhaps one of them had a stalker or had recently been threatened online or in person. I think if that was the case then it makes since that he immediately considered it an abduction and therefore a 'crime scene' and photographed the phone before picking it up.

Someone did in an earlier thread, and found it was CG himself that registered the domain.

Wow, that was a blatant lie, then
Why would you tweet that you just got charity status when you didn't, if not to mislead and scam people.

BBM. Can you link to those posts please? I must have missed that. I thought the domain had been registered through a popular anonymous proxy service so we could not tell who set up the website? TIA.

Whoever registered the domain used Domains By Proxy to conceal their identity. I don't see any way that we would know who registered the domain.

OK, we've established:
Some people would take a photo of the phone... others wouldn't.

It seems pretty benign on one hand; and on the other it seems quite aware.
Surely there's no implication by those saying they would not take a photo that this is equal to something hinky - right? There's really nothing suspicious or nefarious about photographing the phone, imo.

KP has some type of criminal justice related associates degree. When discussed, most thought that he took photos of the phone because he was aware that it might help. Basically, he thinks like LE.

iirc.. I saw the "accreditation" by Dept of Criminal Justice ( or something like that) referred to of the course that the hostage negotiator had on one of his websites (or was it a video) and my recollection also was a media report said there exists no government agency such as that.

Was the name of that reference to accreditation the same name of the degree or the department that Keith was in?

KP's photo? It is displayed somewhere? If so, I missed it.

There were photos in the 20/20 special but I'm not sure if they were KP's actual photos or a recreation by tthe show. FWIW, the cords did not appear to be neatly coiled nor wrapped around the phone to me. They seemed to be loosely coiled on top of the phone with the ear buds resting on the screen. I've been meaning to try to find a screen shot of the 20/20 picture. I'm surprised no one has posted one here yet.

I believe she was brought in somewhere around 5-5:30 am and did not leave until sometime mid afternoon. But I'm not sure of the exact times.

Broken nose
Presumably severe burns from branding
Long term bruising
Emancipated
Mental

Suggested recovery from emancipation alone calls for a gradual increase of nutrients (presumably several days minimum) to combat mental and physical symptoms. Imagine some sort of skin grafting, infection/wound control, etc. would be required for the branded area on her body. Then, the entire physiological treatment required to recover from this. I’m just imagining at least 24-48 hours just for simple patient observation. What am I missing here? Why such a seemingly short medical stay?

I think that would be my initial reaction as well which makes me think someone has threatened this couple in the past. Perhaps one of them had a stalker or had recently been threatened online or in person. I think if that was the case then it makes since that he immediately considered it an abduction and therefore a 'crime scene' and photographed the phone before picking it up.

I agree. And also I am not sure we really know much about what happened after he took the photos of the phone. He very well may have dug through all the phones calls and texts and maybe he let LE know he was fixing to do that.

I believe I was the one who first asked about the domain registration. It’s a proxy registration via GoDaddy—no name. I surmised that law enforcement would have wanted to get the registrant’s name from GoDaddy. I do not believe anyone here at WS was able to reveal the registrant; indeed, that would be hard to do.
It's easy to do unless the registrant opts to hide their personal info. (But I'm not even sure what the domain addy is, so I can't research it).

Might you even purposely leave hair tangled in your earbuds as a message to your husband?

Jumping off yours because it made me think of something.

My thought on the neatness of the placement of the phone was if someone is pointing a gun at me and telling me to "lose" the phone or whatever else was in my hand, I am going to very very slowly, with no sudden movements, lay whatever is in my hands down on the ground, being very careful to keep my hands splayed out in a very visible manner so nobody gets a nervous trigger finger. But that is just me others might feel they would drop that thing like a hot potato.

People act differently in different situations. I don't think you can draw much from the fact he took some photos but didn't touch the phone.

But yes, I found it very strange. For starters, how did he know it was her phone without picking it up and examining it? Perhaps there were vital clues on the phone, a dialed number, an SMS, a picture, something. I would never have assumed there would be fingerprints on a mobile phone other than my wife's, even if I thought she was abducted. I would just have assumed she dropped it while running, or being grabbed, or perhaps even left something there for me to find. Criminals, after all, rarely leave these valuable things behind.

But again, we all act differently, so I wouldn't read my approach into anything he did, especially under such extreme stress.

BBM.
The phone was laying screen up. When I use "find my i-phone" the screen lights up and the phone also makes an ear-piercing noise so I can find it. There would not be any doubt that the phone he was looking at was hers. JMO.

I just realized I have two FB friends who are friends with both the Gambles and have taken some kind of class from them for Project Taken, back in 2013. How interesting.

What I find interesting is that KP was skeptical for at least a week to ten days yet the anonymous donor purchased the SP website immediately as if he knew they would go with his offer. So much talk about CG but not much about the AD. Like to find out who he/she/they really are.

I really suspect the AD is a family member or someone who knew SP/KP really well--a former employer or close friend? IMO, it had to be someone confident that their help would be accepted. Seems more likely someone who knew the family would make that kind of offer and not a random stranger with money. JMO.

Broken nose
Presumably severe burns from branding
Long term bruising
Emancipated
Mental

Suggested recovery from emancipation alone calls for a gradual increase of nutrients (presumably several days minimum) to combat mental and physical symptoms. Imagine some sort of skin grafting, infection/wound control, etc. would be required for the branded area on her body. Then, the entire physiological treatment required to recover from this. I’m just imagining at least 24-48 hours just for simple patient observation. What am I missing here? Why such a seemingly short medical stay?
I was not taking the term "branded" that literal. I was thinking someone carved a message on her back with a knife. That could still be a brand, a tattoo could be a brand JMO.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member