Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lake: do you think she sent the text about whether he was going back home for lunch?

To clarify, I was referring to a sizable percentage of people in reference to the public at large. I chose to come to WS due to it's moderation policies, reputation and verification process. We all want to solve this case as do KP and SP and family, as well as LE.

Lake, if you can answer, based on what you know do you think this abduction was targeted and planned, or random?

I'm beginning to feel the anonymous donor is the key to this case. I don't think the timing was random chance.

❤
I guess you'll have to elaborate. How would the anonymous donor be a key? What do you mean by random chance?

Imo.

They let SP go.

Why?

Especially if these were traffickers that kill women at any given time?

So imo. Leaving her alive would catch the syndicate that runs the business.

So why would a big sex ring allow her to tell the tale after 22 days held captive?

They wouldn't.

While we can all speculate on the amount of time she should have spent in the hospital, I think we can all agree if we were in that situation we would all want to be released as soon as reasonably possible (after treatment, giving statements to LE and evidence collection) in order to return home to our loved ones.

Right. I think one thing that is taken into account in terms of hospital release is the strength of the support system that the patient would have upon release. Obviously SP has a lot of support. And there might have already been plans drawn up to have in-home care at wherever she was going to be staying.

A busy hospital with nurses coming into my room every half hour or hour is the last place I would want to be, after going through severe physical and emotional trauma. Plus the high risk of getting an infection while in hospital. And concerns about security.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm beginning to feel the anonymous donor is the key to this case. I don't think the timing was random chance.

❤

Are you suggesting the anonymous donor was somehow involved in abducting SP? I'm sorry, I'm not following how that would make sense, if that's what you are implying. If that's not what you mean, please elaborate. TIA.

And there is nothing that has implied she hasn't gotten treatment elsewhere. I didn't say she had life threatening injuries. She was released from that particular hospital where the media, and everybody else knew she had been held.

Maybe she needed privacy. Maybe she wanted at home care. It's not our business. And it's not right to state as fact that she hasn't gotten care elsewhere, because we don't know what kind of care she has gotten, physically or psychologically.

...And Emergency Rooms are for immediate care only. The ER would give her written instructions to see her own physician for follow-up when she was released. Admittance to the hospital from the ER requires serious/life threatening injuries (car accident, gunshot wound, heart attack, appendicitis, and the like). Plus, the hospital was in Sacramento, over 100 miles from home.

It seems surprising that SP would have the wherewithal to leave a "clue" for KP with her hair if taken at gunpoint...unless there was already some threat on their lives and KP finding her phone "confirmed" for him she had been taken when she didn't pick up the kids, no one was home, etc. Aside for ST being my first theory, my second theory is a target abduction to send a message to someone within the family (as others here have discussed).

Why suddenly go the abduction route when you can't find a spouse? My husband would first think injury on a run; or that I am with family members and got held up somewhere, etc. I mean abduction would be the LAST scenario for a cute little family of 4, living in the white suburbs, SAHM, etc. Unless there was an already existing threat, so SP had the wherewithal to leave her husband a clue...

He actually did call the family first after calling daycare and finding out she hadn't picked up the kids. Nobody had heard from her. He drove around by the mailboxes near the trail where she usually jogs then pinged her phone. He said he had to drive a little bit to get enough service to trace it.

Although I have no direct knowledge on that, I believe she did. It makes no sense to me that she was abducted, her phone either left behind or taken with them, then the abductors returned to the mailbox area and sent that text (or had Sherri make it under force) and then planted the phone. Why would the abductors care if he was coming home for lunch. I've seen nothing from KP or LE to suggest the abductors ever entered her home.
Lake: do you think she sent the text about whether he was going back home for lunch?

Something that caught my ear in one interview negotiator Gamble describes his negotiating tactic as a test. Thinking outside of the box because that's all I've got left. Could this kidnapping been orchestrated by Gamble to test if Americans would pay for such a service? Being the middle man in such a scheme would be seemingly profitable. The notion of offering a ransom vs. receiving a demand for it, draws my suspicion.

I would think that anyone who was really into hostage negotations wouldn't come up with a hair-brained scheme like that. It is like an open invitation to everybody now to kidnap people and wait for the ransom offers to pour in!!

And it's also stupid to pull such an offer within a couple of days; that one leaves me flabbergasted. Why such a short period of time, if you ARE going to even offer money (which, as I've said, I find to be setting a potentially dangerous precedent). If you want to get someone back, you need to have a lot more patience than that, and also, you don't want to piss the attackers off by immediately pulling the monetary offer.

Finally, why is CG so impressed with himself with regard to the idea of pulling the ransom and offering a reward to the public? He credits that part with getting Sherri freed, but it makes no sense. Didn't he imply that everybody would now be looking for the perps? No, they wouldn't!! They didn't yet know what they looked like! They didn't know the number, the gender, the race, the age, etc. They had nothing to worry about with regard to that. The only thing they had to worry about was keeping Sherri hidden so she wasn't seen - but that's the same in ANY kidnapping case.

He's not as brilliant as he wants us all to think.

Lots of interesting CG details here, from the Ventura County Star:

http://www.vcstar.com/story/news/lo...n-local-hostage-negotiators-methods/95044410/

I am having a hard time believing that CG was not involved in this saga before 11/14, which the article asserts (you have to read the four paragraphs starting with “The donor purchased the website …”).

Woah, the comments (including by his wife JG) are even more informative than the article. Thanks for posting.

They wouldn't.

But maybe they didn't let her go. It was one woman, apparently, that released her. A lot of women who were trafficked as teens, end up staying in the business as 'assistants' to their captors. I do think it is possible that one of the women felt sympathy for SP and her children.

If so, she is in a lot of trouble now, if she is even alive and well....

Does anyone know if SP was severely dehydrated? Did they deny her water as well as food? I have heard you can live only 3 days without water, is that really true?

I don't think I've heard the answer to this. Lake16 may know.

Imo.

They let SP go.

Why?

Especially if these were traffickers that kill women at any given time?

So imo. Leaving her alive would catch the syndicate that runs the business.

So why would a big sex ring allow her to tell the tale after 22 days held captive?

I keep seeing this suggestion that traffickers would not let her live, therefore it is not likely to be trafficking. I'm just curious, does anyone have any stats on how often traffickers kill their victims? I only recall reading news of big trafficking busts and rescues. I don't recall very often where a victim is found deceased and LE discloses it was traffickers who killed her but perhaps they don't disclose that very often out of respect for the family? Or perhaps I never noticed it is a big problem? Is there actually a big epidemic of trafficking victims being killed when they refuse to cooperate or try to escape? I know traffickers often use THREATS of death and actual violence to control their victims but do they actually kill as often as is being suggested? What percentage of trafficked women are found dead? Asking because I really have no idea..not trying to be smart. TIA to anyone who can bring awareness on this issue.

Are you suggesting the anonymous donor was somehow involved in abducting SP? I'm sorry, I'm not following how that would make sense, if that's what you are implying. If that's not what you mean, please elaborate. TIA.

The donor was wise to remain anonymous. Can you imagine if his/her name was known at this point? :(

Something that caught my ear in one interview negotiator Gamble describes his negotiating tactic as a test. Thinking outside of the box because that's all I've got left. Could this kidnapping been orchestrated by Gamble to test if Americans would pay for such a service? Being the middle man in such a scheme would be seemingly profitable. The notion of offering a ransom vs. receiving a demand for it, draws my suspicion.

Could be, but the experts don't think it would work.

gotiation expert Chris Voss, who was the lead international kidnapping negotiator with the FBI for 24 years, now teaches business negotiation at Georgetown University.

He doesn’t object to Gamble’s idea to raise awareness about abductions, but doesn’t think his idea of bringing a new hostage negotiation model to the U.S. would work.
“It’s a dumb idea,” Voss said. “These kind of guys pop up in the developing world all the time. They’re a nuisance but they don’t do much harm."...

"T here’s no market for the U.S.,” Voss said. And that’s because society doesn’t tolerate it, law enforcement is well equipped and effective enough to deal with kidnappings, and the alleged perpetrators usually get caught. When they do, they go to prison for a very long time, he said...

In the very few “legitimate kidnappings” that do happen, the victim is usually either killed or left to die. “They don’t need a witness,” to who the captor is, Voss said.

http://www.redding.com/story/news/l...n-local-hostage-negotiators-methods/95044410/

I know from all the reading I've done here and elsewhere, there are MANY that believe CG was actually behind this all along. I know how sensational that sounds and I also suspect that if there were any reason for LE to believe he was, he would have already been arrested. He's set up numerous web sites and SM pages for this venture or that, some free sites others registered domains. On many of these, the links no longer work and it looks as if he just abandoned them once he moved on to something else. In other words, he's left a pretty sloppy digital footprint. I do think he's full of baloney, but I don't think he's behind this.

I disagree. IF they did suspect him, they would keep mum, give him a false sense of security, let him keep talking, and keep gathering enough evidence to make the charges stick. It doesn't do any good to arrest someone before you have enough evidence.

But maybe they didn't let her go. It was one woman, apparently, that released her. A lot of women who were trafficked as teens, end up staying in the business as 'assistants' to their captors. I do think it is possible that one of the women felt sympathy for SP and her children.

If so, she is in a lot of trouble now, if she is even alive and well....

The sympathetic one who shoved her out the car door? JMO

If I were staging someone like this, for personal fame or financial gain, I'd have a. sent a ransom note and/or b. made sure I'd have inserted my name into the case much earlier than Cameron Gamble. And I'd have also made sure my personal and business website were updated before staging something like this as well. Doing so in the middle of the investigation would be sloppy on many levels.

However, this comment from the Record Searchlight/Ventura County Star article offers a thought provoking theory:

In spite of what Mr. Gamble says, perhaps she is free because a ransom was paid. The donor did not want their name known. It's not a reach that they also didn't want the public to know that a ransom was paid. This would explain her release.​

The donor was wise to remain anonymous. Can you imagine if his/her name was known at this point? :(

Yeah s/he would be being contacted by loads of other people who are desperate to find their loved ones. It seems that his or her generosity only extends to the SP case, sadly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spurr15