Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lake16 has forensic hypnosis been considered for SP?

While we can all speculate on the amount of time she should have spent in the hospital, I think we can all agree if we were in that situation we would all want to be released as soon as reasonably possible (after treatment, giving statements to LE and evidence collection) in order to return home to our loved ones.

Hi Lake! If I may ask... Do you think people/ the public are in danger who are in the local area?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is taken from the Metro Police Department. Those are their statistics.

One single statistic in that article was from the Metro Police Department. That was for the number of of adult victims of sex trafficking recovered from 2011 to 2015 and the racial make up. And even that, they didn't give a specific source for. No name or report is quoted. So it's impossible to know how they came up with those numbers. If you Google the information it just goes back to the same news story. The rest of the article is nothing but pure opinion.

Lake16 do you believe if the public had the information that LE had, people would be less skeptical about this being a hoax? And do you have more information than what was released to the public? Not asking for that information. Just curious. TIA

Actually, it's not that I simply "don't know", it is my actual belief from conversations with family members which leads me to this conclusion that KP did not request, nor receive, any funds for interviews, pictures, etc. In regard to what was shown on 20/20, KP gave the interview which lasted 4 hours and was cut to around 30 minutes? Final edited content and editorial privileges belonged to ABC and was not pre-approved by KP. Camera footage of their home has been floating around since shortly after the abduction and other interviews were done inside the home. That is the source of the footage shown.

I'm very glad Sherri survived, and I appreciate you answering my questions, Lake16.

1. I understand that it's your belief there was no financial exchange of any kind for content featured in the 20/20 broadcast, but you don't know for sure. Thank you for confirming that -- the media coverage and protocols in this case (and others) is a point of interest for me.

2. Also, thank you for confirming that Keith did not supply or authorize video footage of the outside of the home and the children's bedroom to be nationally broadcast. That was the first time I'd seen it.

I'd wrongly assumed that ABC would not have aired it without first consulting Keith, considering the circumstances. It didn't concern me personally, but I can understand why some people question whether that was irresponsible of ABC from a privacy and safety perspective.

While we can all speculate on the amount of time she should have spent in the hospital, I think we can all agree if we were in that situation we would all want to be released as soon as reasonably possible (after treatment, giving statements to LE and evidence collection) in order to return home to our loved ones.

It honestly doesn't raise a single red flag for me that she was treated and released, instead of being admitted. I will agree 100%, after such a traumatic ordeal, I'd just want to be alone with my family.

My apologies if I misread your post! Yes she was very thin. She is trying to put some weight back on.

How long had it been since you last saw Sherri prior to her going missin? Thanks!

Important Dates
Updated Date: 2016-11-07
Created Date: 2016-11-07
Registration Expiration Date: 2017-11-07

I've been trying to lay low here, but I put Ray Gricar.com and Maura Murray.com into the search and got domain registrations for each just days/weeks after their respective disappearances. It may be a common tactic of cyber squatters to look for missing person names, or perhaps, families are quickly advised to seize them before that happens.

I've been faithfully reading every post from Thread One and now I have to stop to move from Virginia to Colorado. I will check in as I can. Keep sleuthing as I know we can for Sherri and her family. I'll be in and out and I'm counting on y'all to do your WS best.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes I have more information the has been released to the public, but less than LE has. Having heard the story of her abduction, parts of her confinement and then her release from Sherri, having seen some of her injuries and hospital photos of more, and knowing the family members I am 100% sure it is not a hoax.

LE has publicly stated they believe Sherri's story and that she was abducted. LE has also publicly stated they have no information leading them to believe Keith was involved in her abduction and have verified his whereabouts on the day of the abduction. I don't know how to make it any clearer than that.

Even if I were to release information LE does not want made public (I won't) there is still a sizable percentage of people that would disbelieve it and will continue to believe it was a hoax.

Lake16 do you believe if the public had the information that LE had, people would be less skeptical about this being a hoax? And do you have more information than what was released to the public? Not asking for that information. Just curious. TIA

One single statistic in that article was from the Metro Police Department. That was for the number of of adult victims of sex trafficking recovered from 2011 to 2015 and the racial make up. And even that, they didn't give a specific source for. No name or report is quoted. So it's impossible to know how they came up with those numbers. If you Google the information it just goes back to the same news story. The rest of the article is nothing but pure opinion.

Here's another source
http://ag.nv.gov/Human_Trafficking/HT_Home/

Actually, it's not that I simply "don't know", it is my actual belief from conversations with family members which leads me to this conclusion that KP did not request, nor receive, any funds for interviews, pictures, etc. In regard to what was shown on 20/20, KP gave the interview which lasted 4 hours and was cut to around 30 minutes? Final edited content and editorial privileges belonged to ABC and was not pre-approved by KP. Camera footage of their home has been floating around since shortly after the abduction and other interviews were done inside the home. That is the source of the footage shown.

Surely KP had say over what could or could not be aired....just not how it was edited, correct? Did KP have an attorney to protect his and SP's interest as regards 20/20?

I get what you're saying. But I've also seen (many, many times) WS members jump to the wrong conclusion and accuse innocent people of egregious criminal behavior. ;)

Hi sumzero, I agree.

Do we have a tongue in cheek emojii? That was what my post was supposed to convey, lol.

Matt Gutman in his Facebook chat just prior to the 20/20 airing was asked if the Papinis had received any payment for the interview. Gutman stated it is ABC's strict policy not to pay for interviews and they had not done so in this instance. The Facebook chat is linked in the Media only Thread.

Yes I have more information the has been released to the public, but less than LE has. Having heard the story of her abduction, parts of her confinement and then her release from Sherri, having seen some of her injuries and hospital photos of more, and knowing the family members I am 100% sure it is not a hoax.

LE has publicly stated they believe Sherri's story and that she was abducted. LE has also publicly stated they have no information leading them to believe Keith was involved in her abduction and have verified his whereabouts on the day of the abduction. I don't know how to make it any clearer than that.

Even if I were to release information LE does not want made public (I won't) there is still a sizable percentage of people that would disbelieve it and will continue to believe it was a hoax.

I agree with you. I don't understand it either. It's like some people are angry at Sherri or Keith. People that don't even know them. They're taking other cases that have ended up being a hoax, and putting it on them IMO. Maybe they're just mad that LE won't release more info. I get it. We want answers, but I don't understand this blame on the victims when LE clearly stated it is NOT a hoax. It's got to be so hard for them after all they've been through. Thank you for speaking for them.

I'm thinking because she was already small to begin with she looked very skinny. She actually lost 13 lbs not 20. Even though 13 lbs is a lot for only three weeks, it may not be enough to hospitalize someone. Especially if they don't want to stay.

Oh,okay. Sounds like it wasn't much more than a normal weight loss amount - 4.3 pounds per week isn't really so bad. Not sure where I got the idea she was emaciated (starved). My bad!

I have not seen anyone here suggest a hoax....I absolutely believe she was abducted...my biggest question is "why". My second biggest is how she was abducted. I don't see how either of those questions being answered would compromise the investigation.

In fact, knowing "how" might save another vulnerable female's life. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member