Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not just the physical abuse. What about the psychological trauma? Doesn't an ordeal like this require a considerable amount of observation and treatment, once the victim is rescued? She was held for 22 days, beaten, tortured, branded, who knows what else. I'm really having a hard time understanding why she was sent home so soon. Wouldn't that at least warrant a few hours with a qualified psychologist, ideally one trained for just these types of situations?

Who's to say she didn't speak to one in the hospital? Then arrange to be treated by qualified professionals...medical and psychological...at home.

I am also her size. ;) - height. I was her previous weight 7 years ago. 87 lbs for this height isn't deathly skinny, but it's pretty skinny. My mother's friend had anorexia and weighed 86lbs at 5'8. She wasn't hospitalized, but she looked like death.

I agree, extremely thin but not a huge health concern

Omg, one day after open heart?

Bruises and a healing wound aren't reasons to be kept overnight, and in my opinion, 88 lbs at 5'3" isn't emaciated, thin, but not cause for a feeding tube, jmo.

Pretty amazing how short the hospital stay, eh? (Cleveland Clinic policy, fyi).

Then again, I was by choice back home literally 1 1/2 hours after giving birth (natural child birth) to my DS. :). I hate hospitals (no offense). Maybe that's why I can readily understand if SP wanted to get the heck out of the hospital, if she indeed did.

Folks aren't kept very long in hospitals anymore for anything. My stepdad was out of the hospital the day after having open heart surgery. My dad had terminal brain cancer, had brain surgery to remove the malignant tumor deep in his brain, and was released 3 days later. A friend just had a hysterectomy and was out the same day. Etc. Etc.

Just isn't unusual, even before one considers the possibility Sherri actively chose to leave rather than have strangers coming in and out of her room and constantly touching her for one necessary reason or another.

That's Why I said it was sad. From what KP said, she was in such bad shape he was told to brace himself. And then suddenly the hospital is releasing her? Someone who was so brutally beaten they warned the husband about what he was about to see?!

Unless it was KP's/SP's choice to go. But frankly, if my husband or family member looked that bad - was emaciated, burned, beaten, had a broken nose, etc., I would counsel him/them to stay!

But that's me. Obviously they had a right to do what was right for them.

Even though I believe sex trafficking could be a factor, I don't think the branding was a pimps name or symbol- as the sheriff stated. I think the branding was more likely to humiliate and shame her. I have a feeling it was a filthy word, something to wear her down. JMO- that's what I gathered by "a message."

I think the sheriff said it was a "message." I may be wrong though.

I don't think this is what he meant. Why would web developers do translation specific to one page? (Or maybe I'm misinterpreting you). Was the letter specifically posted with translation anywhere?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

In America we take for granted that a majority of web content especially local news is all in English. English speaking web users don't have much use for web translators. A person who doesn't speak any English and is actively using the internet in this country then I would imagine they are using translation services like Google Translate already.

Those initial things certainly implied to him that SP had been taken in some manner. And as he told People while she was still missing, finding the phone in that situation "only confirmed what I already felt that I knew somebody grabbed her,” he says. ” I knew something horrible had happened, and I immediately called 911.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm still of the opinion that there was more to the scene than just the phone and earbuds, hence KP feeling compelled to take pics. It might be as simple as some blood on the hairs, or perhaps another object . As tight-lipped as LE has been, it's not a stretch that they would keep relevant details a secret in this instance too.

With all the true crime shows I've seen- I could see myself doing that. In hope's I leave a trail of DNA behind, so someone can find me. BUT I am a writer.;) I'm ALWAYS thinking.

If she had the wherewithal to do that with her phone, then she hopefully left her hair behind in the car and wherever she was kept. I would guess she would take in every single detail of every minute she was in captivity as well.

But sometimes we look at these crimes like an episode of CSI when, in fact, real life isn't scripted.

We know she had burns, but they may have only been first degree burns or already healing, non-infected second degree burns. So they would not require her to be kept in hospital.

That's Why I said it was sad. From what KP said, she was in such bad shape he was told to brace himself. And then suddenly the hospital is releasing her? Someone who was so brutally beaten they warned the husband about what he was about to see?!

Unless it was KP's/SP's choice to go. But frankly, if my husband or family member looked that bad - was emaciated, burned, beaten, had a broken nose, etc., I would counsel him/them to stay!

But that's me. Obviously they had a right to do what was right for them.

I can understand why SP would want to just be alone with her husband in a quiet place. Especially now that we know that certain noises bother her and that she likes to have the room dark. I know there are always lights on in the hospital. Perhaps where she was held there was always loud music playing and the lights were always on and she was not allowed to sleep? Hospitals aren't know as a place to get sleep.

I don't think this is what he meant. Why would web developers do translation specific to one page? (Or maybe I'm misinterpreting you). Was the letter specifically posted with translation anywhere?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I don't know if this is an answer because I don't myself remember seeing a translated page or letter too clearly, but the letter that was posted on the site, and from what I remember there were 2, one was replaced by a differently worded letter (in English), my point is the letters were embedded into the site as images .png to be precise. Online translating software would not be able to translate those, they would need to be re written in Spanish and uploaded again, unless the web master changed the format and had it written as txt on the website in both English and Spanish versions, or English and translatable by software.

We know she had burns, but they may have only been first degree burns or already healing, non-infected second degree burns. So they would not require her to be kept in hospital.

And I'm thinking the burns happened early on. KP said he could feel the burns as raised bumps under his fingers, if I recall correctly. Burns HURT and I can't imagine SP would want him touching her skin enough to feel the raised areas if the burns were fresh.

ETA: In other words, no need to keep her at the hospital if the burns were well underway of healing. jmo

Hurts just thinking about it.

It seems surprising that SP would have the wherewithal to leave a "clue" for KP with her hair if taken at gunpoint...unless there was already some threat on their lives and KP finding her phone "confirmed" for him she had been taken when she didn't pick up the kids, no one was home, etc. Aside for ST being my first theory, my second theory is a target abduction to send a message to someone within the family (as others here have discussed).

Why suddenly go the abduction route when you can't find a spouse? My husband would first think injury on a run; or that I am with family members and got held up somewhere, etc. I mean abduction would be the LAST scenario for a cute little family of 4, living in the white suburbs, SAHM, etc. Unless there was an already existing threat, so SP had the wherewithal to leave her husband a clue...

Sorry that you don't believe KP, or me. That is your right. But having seen her, I can assure you she did lose that much weight.
I am not questioning anything about her hospital release.
I am Sherri's size
13 pounds would be a huge weight loss for someone her size

If she had the wherewithal to do that with her phone, then she hopefully left her hair behind in the car and wherever she was kept. I would guess she would take in every single detail of every minute she was in captivity as well.

But sometimes we look at these crimes like an episode of CSI when, in fact, real life isn't scripted.

Agreed, and if not every single detail, then at least enough detail.

Sorry that you don't believe KP, or me. That is your right. But having seen her, I can assure you she did lose that much weight.
Was there a reason the hospital didn't keep her longer?

You must be misunderstanding my post
I am agreeing that it is a huge weight loss
I believe it was a clear statement based on my own size and realizing how thin I would be????

I'd imagine a positive correlation between severity of injury and length hospitalization. Should the injuries be of a lesser nature (as possibly indicated by a shorter hospitalization) this may speak towards the needs of the kidnapper(s) to have her in "marketable condition" for the industry. As opposed to a lengthy hospitalization, which to me would indicate worse injuries and a crime of a different nature.

My apologies if I misread your post! Yes she was very thin. She is trying to put some weight back on.
You must be misunderstanding my post
I am agreeing that it is a huge weight loss
I believe it was a clear statement based on my own size and realizing how thin I would be????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo