Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
At the beginning of this case, it was reported that there were 3 to 8 strands of hair.
It was Keith who said this.
Unless we were being misled from the beginning, it doesn't sound like a "hank"
Keith confirms that a few strands of hair were found — maybe between three and eight strands — but says “it wasn’t a normal thing.”http://people.com/crime/missing-sherri-papini-update-husband-keith-interview/

The missing poster describes her hair as being in a pony tail. This may have made it hard to pull out a larger amount.

The phone and earbuds are just objects. The hair is HER. It's probably one thing he really loves about her, the signature long blonde hair. That allows him to take it personally.

Otherwise, he could just think she left of her own accord and didn't want to be tracked. She didn't want him to feel like she left HIM. She left because she had to, but she wanted him to find her. And all of that together gave him the impetus to move heaven and earth in the search for her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look, I'm not really questioning her actions or his interpretation. Different people think differently, etc. I'm just saying that if I couldn't locate my wife for some time, and I found her phone laying on the side of the road where she usually jogs, I would immediately go into major panic mode. No hair required...

Let me try again. Placing the earbuds neatly and a larger than normal amount of hair strands expresses to KP that SP made a "conscious decision", not a haphazard one. It says, "I didn't drop this accidentally, nor should you wonder if I had some kind of medical emergency and look for me in the nearby area on foot somewhere. I am leaving, but not by choice or else I'd still have my phone with me. So don't look for me here, but still look for me."

wow, if anyone would surmise all of that from the phone, I really hope she/he is either a writer or painter.

If a pimp or organization brands a sex slave.

Then this means that LE should know which pimp or organization has done this. Jmo.

Because SP wouldn't be the only female with that brand. Jmo

So obviously; I doubt the branding was sex trafficking related; While not knowing which pimp or syndicate was involved. Jmo

So if this was truly a sex trafficking brand. Then hopefully LE would know more due to the same brands from other victims of the pimp or syndicate. Jmo

Very good point...

Mine says "no data" :(

I believe the Health App may have to be configured to start tracking motion data. I did it so long ago I can't remember. It is also possible to change the privacy settings on an iPhone so motion data is not saved and older iPhones may not have the Health app.

I should also point out that there is lots of other data quietly being stored on your iPhone. For example any time an iPhone users connects or disconnects from a wifi network, connects to a cellular network, receives data from a network, pairs/unpairs with a bluetooth device, plugging or unplugging headphones is even logged.

I can explain how to view and interpret these logs if there is interest.

wow, if anyone would surmise all of that from the phone, I really hope she/he is either a writer or painter.

I guess KP missed his calling then, because he certainly seems to have gotten the message.

I guess KP missed his calling then, because he certainly seems to have gotten the message.

Don't you think he got the message when the children were not picked up, when Sherri wasn't at home, when he found her phone?

Scary. Anyone who loses that much weight and is, in her husband's words, "emaciated", is in danger of all kinds of problems - one of which is organ damage or failure. Not to mention the burns, which are always a risk for infection...and an emaciated person isn't going to be able to heal or fight off infection as easily. It's unconscionable that a hospital would send an emaciated woman with burns home after a few hours, rather than keeping her at least overnight for observation and treatment of the burns - and for rehydration and re-introduction of solid foods.

I'm thinking because she was already small to begin with she looked very skinny. She actually lost 13 lbs not 20. Even though 13 lbs is a lot for only three weeks, it may not be enough to hospitalize someone. Especially if they don't want to stay.

Kidnapping a woman like this would certainly prove themselves to the gang, just as well as the other crimes you mention would. Maybe the reason it went on for so long is because they had the opportunity to let it go on so long. I.E. nothing else to do for three weeks.

As for her not being killed, people commit different crimes. These suspects were clearly interested in kidnapping and abusing her, not in killing her. Or they planned to kill her, but changed their minds. But I don't think the evidence supports that.

What has happened a lot in Mexico, is when a new drug gang moves into an area, they commit outrageously violent, highly publicized crimes in order to send a message to the old gang and the police that they mean business and not to cross them. It's a form of terrorism.

However, keeping her alive so long, and releasing her, is not an effective strategy for a gang, it leaves them looking weak and even somewhat compassionate, plus they're more likely to be caught. As well, the people in gangs are not necessarily sadistic, they don't take pleasure in it, or try to prolong the suffering of their victims.

What!? Web developers did not do this because of the case. The translation service is always there.

Yes,but web developers aren't actively translating pages all day long; they merely put the translation software there for people to use at will. CG specifically said that the web developers (maybe he meant web master?!) translated the page AND the ransom note into Spanish.

Especially odd when you consider that, as you point out, the user has always had the ability to translate any page into practically ANY language.

Does anyone know approximately how long SP was under medical supervision after being found alive? Less/more than 24 hours?

I believe she was treated and released the same day. Probably less than eight hours. I believe that something was posted here that she was released in the early afternoon. She may very well still be under medical supervision.

Folks aren't kept very long in hospitals anymore for anything. My stepdad was out of the hospital the day after having open heart surgery. My dad had terminal brain cancer, had brain surgery to remove the malignant tumor deep in his brain, and was released 3 days later. A friend just had a hysterectomy and was out the same day. Etc. Etc.

Just isn't unusual, even before one considers the possibility Sherri actively chose to leave rather than have strangers coming in and out of her room and constantly touching her for one necessary reason or another.

Omg, one day after open heart?

Bruises and a healing wound aren't reasons to be kept overnight, and in my opinion, 88 lbs at 5'3" isn't emaciated, thin, but not cause for a feeding tube, jmo.

I'm thinking because she was already small to begin with she looked very skinny. She actually lost 13 lbs not 20. Even though 13 lbs is a lot for only three weeks, it may not be enough to hospitalize someone. Especially if they don't want to stay.

I am not questioning anything about her hospital release.
I am Sherri's size
13 pounds would be a huge weight loss for someone her size

I have asked that question and the only thing I get is more of these generic reports that are rehashed over and over saying that anybody of any age can be a sex traffic victim and millions are, with no real statistics to back it up. When they do report on an actual victim, it is almost always a teenage runaway. One report posted here, that actually gave some statistics said that the majority of victims were between 18 and 24. If that is in fact true, I'm pretty sure most of the rest are below 18.

Also, anyone under the age of 18 is obviously classed as "trafficked" even if there is no force involved. They may have been convinced by a Romeo pimps that prostitution is a good way to make money, and so no kidnapping or chains or force are necessary.

Also when I did some more digging onto some of the cases reported as women being kidnapped by traffickers, it usually turned out to be women already working as prostitutes who had tried to switch pimps then were kidnapped by the previous pimp and beaten and chained etc... Not women who had never had anything to do with the sex trade in their life being randomly snatched off the streets of the USA and chained up.

Don't you think he got the message when the children were not picked up, when Sherri wasn't at home, when he found her phone?

Those initial things certainly implied to him that SP had been taken in some manner. And as he told People while she was still missing, finding the phone in that situation "only confirmed what I already felt that I knew somebody grabbed her,” he says. ” I knew something horrible had happened, and I immediately called 911.”

Yes,but web developers aren't actively translating pages all day long; they merely put the translation software there for people to use at will. CG specifically said that the web developers (maybe he meant web master?!) translated the page AND the ransom note into Spanish.

Especially odd when you consider that, as you point out, the user has always had the ability to translate any page into practically ANY language.
I don't think this is what he meant. Why would web developers do translation specific to one page? (Or maybe I'm misinterpreting you). Was the letter specifically posted with translation anywhere?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

With all the true crime shows I've seen- I could see myself doing that. In hope's I leave a trail of DNA behind, so someone can find me. BUT I am a writer.;) I'm ALWAYS thinking.

I am not questioning anything about her hospital release.
I am Sherri's size
13 pounds would be a huge weight loss for someone her size

I am also her size. ;) - height. I was her previous weight 7 years ago. 87 lbs for this height isn't deathly skinny, but it's pretty skinny. My mother's friend had anorexia and weighed 86lbs at 5'8. She wasn't hospitalized, but she looked like death.

Omg, one day after open heart?

Bruises and a healing wound aren't reasons to be kept overnight, and in my opinion, 88 lbs at 5'3" isn't emaciated, thin, but not cause for a feeding tube, jmo.

Agreed

The original message about hair was from her missing flyer, and the word was "chunks". As I recall, the sheriff then said a few strands, nothing that raised alarm. This is the guy who said her injuries were similar to a sprained ankle, so you know, grain of salt.

Well,if the hospital sent her home right away, then her injuries must have been similar to a sprained ankle. Either that, or the hospital is extremely lax.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo