Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't found any cases of blonde joggers of any age abducted in the US by sex traffickers. What would make sense if the high profile aspect got to them would be to kill her and hide her body. Of course someone might find a remote case somewhere, but add to it that she was released....even more rare. JMO

Sounds like only one of her abductors actually released SP. Maybe the other one wanted to kill her.

We're talking about folks who were willing and able to snatch someone off the street, then to brutally torture her for weeks. That's not plain vanilla criminal behavior, and imo it suggests these folks were capable of killing SP but didn't.

Since all we can do is guess, my guess is that things didn't go as originally planned, for multiple reasons, including the intense state-wide then national publicity about SP's abduction. There was nothing inevitable or predictable about that degree of publicity, especially if her abductors had no idea who SP was.

If so, I think it's possible the person who released SP did do because her other captor had decided the only way out of their FUBAR was to kill SP, and SP's releasor either didn't want that to happen or was afraid at that point they were going to be caught.

Just speculation, obviously.

Our brains were separated at birth...[emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ha! Perhaps your brain can explain why, when making coffee today, my brain put a teaspoon of coffee in the sugar bowl instead of a teaspoon of sugar in the coffee cup, 'cause I'm a loss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tend to question statistics that land on such a neat round number. Besides the fact that 10% sounds high to me.
If Sherri was abducted for human/sex trafficking then she is a unicorn because there are just not white, middle-income, non-drug abusing, moms/wives that would be missed immediately being sex trafficked.

Or the people that took her are just plain dumb, this is their first time committing this type of a crime, and Sherri has the worst luck in the world.

Young girls and young women should be afraid. It is very rare that they are grabbed out of a mall parking lot, although it has happened. But there are a lot of innocent young women 'scammed' into vulnerable situations where they are essentially kidnapped. Sometimes they are in a mall and they meet a 'talent agent', who gives them a card and invites them to an interview or a photo shoot. That invitation may end up being the end of their freedom for months or years.

They may meet a handsome young man who treats them like a princess. He is like a dream come true, until he gets her away from her friends and family, and she suddenly goes missing.

These victims are not all homeless drug addicts. They are often young single girls, trying to make their way in the world. :sigh:

That is more of a serial killer scenario, IMO.

The Sheriff believes she was abducted, assaulted, and branded, as do I. He also said the motive is unclear...and KP gave no motive...but there surely was one.

Or the people that took her are just plain dumb, this is their first time committing this type of a crime, and Sherri has the worst luck in the world.

Yeah or this!

Number one rule of criminals: they're all dumb. :)

Ha! Perhaps your brain can explain why, when making coffee today, my brain put a teaspoon of coffee in the sugar bowl instead of a teaspoon of sugar in the coffee cup, 'cause I'm a loss.

This is completely understandable. I don't see a problem...

As for the text message – I think that's an interesting angle to pursue a little bit more. It's also interesting that cell phones play a pretty central role in this case if you think about it – missed text at the beginning, missed call at the end, lost cell phone in the middle. It's all very curious. But back to the text --in an earlier thread Keith said he had to drive almost out to the mailboxes to get her cell phone to ping. I'm stuck on that. That to me indicates it might have been very difficult to send a text from their home. Between that and the fact that she sent the text to a phone that he doesn't often look at at work makes me think she was already abducted and on her way out of the neighborhood at that point. She sent the text and then the women – or whoever – put the cell phone down next to the mailboxes. And she was gone. Maybe that helps to narrow time down a bit.

Can I ask a question respectfully?
if everyone believes this case as it is told...why so many pages?
We accept that LE can't and won't share info. We accept that the family deserves privacy. We accept that it was horrible and that it was 2 women who abducted and tortured her. So what is there to sleuth and dissect?
If LE isn't offering clues, and we cannot speculate on anything not stated as fact thus far....why are we all still here day after day, page after page trying to make something out of nothing?
We have hashed over grocery bags. Hose clamps. Why 2 women. Dogs being left behind. Using daycare without a job. Etc etc
But why? Why are we still so fascinated with this story? We may never be told and our guesses are nothing but fabricated assumptions.
Why are we unable to wait for the pieces to fall together ?
Is it because we all think deep down there is way more to this case than meets the eye? Or is it because as much as the family states the want privacy...we decided too bad...we wanna pry?

i guess I just don't know what there is to sleuth right now. We have been given absolutely nothing. There is less info on this case than any I have ever been a researched.

So my question is to anyone who wishes to answer. What still draws you to this page even though no new evidence has been given?

That just happened to have chains in their vehicle and a head covering for her or their faces covered?

YEP, if they were already in the trafficking business then they would have chains in the vehicle, and bandanas to cover their faces. That's how traffickers roll. That is why I think it was traffickers that did this. Who else could pull it off.

And traffickers don't kidnap in order to kill their prey. I am sure that some victims do end up dead. But that is not the motivation.

If SP had been taken by a rapist or a serial killer we would never have seen her, unless a hunter came upon her body in the woods. But she would not have been branded and held for weeks, most likely, then let go .

They may not have been 'looking' for girls at the time. It might have been a crime of opportunity.

And there are a lot of RSOs and Grow Operations, and Meth dealers in Redding. Some may even live out in that area. I think the 2 women may have been in the area doing 'gang business' when they came across a pretty, petite blonde all alone on the roadside. They had a gun and some chains already in the SUV, so they impulsively kidnapped her. They may have been high on meth and stupid, as many criminals are.

I'm a late bloomer as to forming any kind of theory about what happened/why SP was kidnapped. :D. There's been too little info to make much sense of things, imo.

But.... especially taking Lake 16's contributions into account, I think this scenario makes the most sense of any I've heard. :)

I understand what you are saying and respect your opinion. IMO, if SP were not in an area where crime is high and trafficking is prevalent, it would be much easier to discount the theory. From accounts regarding AP109 and now Prop57, many locals appear to be outraged over the increase in crime. The location of Redding and the I-5 Corridor (from Portland to LA) is also known for trafficking. I put a lot of weight into what SP's friends are saying (they obviously know her much better than we do). She could have been volunteering for a group that put her at a higher risk (friends would likely know) or come in contact with someone that had threatened her. The VI here (and PI who searched) also seem to think her abduction could be related to trafficking. IMO, there have been a lot of crazy theories thrown about what happened to her and trafficking is much easier for me to accept than most of the others (especially given the area and SP's appearance).

Law enforcement leaders are bracing for the impacts of Proposition 57, the voter-approved initiative that will make thousands of prison inmates eligible for earlier parole, allow state prison officials to expand credit for rehabilitation and give judges authority as to whether juveniles should be tried as adults.

http://archive.redding.com/news/loc...4f-313d-38e3-e053-0100007f15d9-400772511.html

Her age isn’t the only, or even the main, reason that many believe it’s not sex-trafficking related. Sex traffickers aren’t stupid; they’re organized gangs whose business thrives because they run under the radar. While anything’s possible, it’s unlikely that they’re going to kidnap an unassuming stay-at-home mom going for a jog in rural California. They usually pick up runaways, drug addicts, etc. – people whose friends and family won’t go looking for them.

I know some Caucasian moms who are on guard for kidnappings; they fear they or their kids will be taken into some sort of prostitution ring/sex trafficking because of their race, looks (blonde/blue), “marketability” etc. It so rarely works that way, but I feel like people are projecting their largely irrational fears onto this case, just like Madeline McCann. And frankly, I wonder of some of SP’s circle is doing this as well, because they seem to have as little information as the rest of us.

Yes this case could be a one-off, but if it is, it’s still just a one-off. I think we all need to learn a little more about sex trafficking.

No offense to the OP. Just something I’ve noticed.

We accept that LE can't and won't share info. We accept that the family deserves privacy. We accept that it was horrible and that it was 2 women who abducted and tortured her. So what is there to sleuth and dissect?
If LE isn't offering clues, and we cannot speculate on anything not stated as fact thus far....why are we all still here day after day, page after page trying to make something out of nothing?
We have hashed over grocery bags. Hose clamps. Why 2 women. Dogs being left behind. Using daycare without a job. Etc etc
But why? Why are we still so fascinated with this story? We may never be told and our guesses are nothing but fabricated assumptions.
Is it because we all think deep down there is way more to this case than meets the eye? Or is it because as much as the family states the want privacy...we decided too bad...we wanna pry?

i guess I just don't know what there is to sleuth right now. We have been given absolutely nothing. There is less info on this case than any I have ever been a researched.

So my question is to anyone who wishes to answer. What still draws you to this page even though no new evidence has been given?

Best post I've read in the past 10 threads! Well said.

Maybe it was tied to either her or a family members views on race then..so,e sort of revenge attack or something done to "teach her a lesson"

attack seemed way too personal to be random and they released her...which tells me they either had no intention of killing her but just wanted to scare her and teach her a lesson, OR they took the ransom money

also, is it just me or is Cameron gamble extremely charismatic? Lol

That just happened to have chains in their vehicle and a head covering for her or their faces covered?

Huh? They had her for 3 weeks! LOL Who knows when they did this other stuff. All in all pretty mean women, eh?

It's what sleuths do...a docuseries was made about many cases that were given little info from LE, because that doesn't stifle a sleuther. If we had all the info what would there be to sleuth?

I am drawn to the case precisely because so little info has been given...it's a huge mystery.

I think we're by nature the puzzle solvers of the world. That's why we're here. We question everything that crosses our path. The analyzers. We are the people who wake up at night because we finally thought of that word that was keeping us from finishing the last quadrant of the crossword puzzle. Or maybe that's just me. No good answer to your question.

Starving, branding, beating, chaining and holding captive for 3 weeks seems a bit harsh. Not to mention they would have had to have planning.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Why planning? They saw her and abducted her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper