Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm new here but I'm wondering if what happened is these two women in the SUV came to close to her while she was jogging and she shook her fist at them or gave them a dirty look and that started this. The women could be bullies. JMO

When I asked VI yesterday if SP had sent the text to KP asking him if he'd be home for lunch, I think the response was that she didn't have any information on that. I'm wondering if the abductors sent that text to KP or had SP send it.
No family member, including Keith, has ever suggested the text message was bogus. Nothing they've said about the abduction includes Sherri being forced to send a text to her husband. Nothing they've said suggests Sherri was held inside her home for a period of time during which the abductors bided their time and even sought to avoid having Keith come home unexpectedly to find them. Nothing they've said suggests anything was disturbed in the home. So, I think we have no reason to think the abductors had anything to do with the text.

My partner is in law enforcement and works in a precinct that is high crime, drugs and LOTS of prostitution. He works on a daily basis with human trafficking victims and the traffickers. When I told him about this case and that there is a theory that Sherri may have been trafficked he literally laughed. He said in his 11 years in this work he has never seen nor heard of a victim that matches Sherri's demographic. He has worked with our state government and the FBI on cases so he's not in some tiny town with little exposure to this crime. The only persons that come even close to that age group are women from other countries (mostly Asian in our part of the country) that have been brought here illegally for prostitution as well as domestic help. He mentioned that sadly, there are more than enough 17 year-olds with bad to no relationships with their parents and low self-esteem that can be talked into the trade then not allowed to leave. Almost never are people swiped off the street then turned out.

That's true. There was a sex trafficking expert that's discussed this on the news and said, only 10 percent of sex trafficking victims are taken this way. Then she added that Sherri seems to be in that 10 percent. Although it's rare, it's not impossible. It does happen.

I'm new here but I'm wondering if what happened is these two women in the SUV came to close to her while she was jogging and she shook her fist at them or gave them a dirty look and that started this. The women could be bullies. JMO

That just happened to have chains in their vehicle and a head covering for her or their faces covered?

I don't know much about pinging and GPS enabled phones (obviously SP's phone GPS was on, enabling KP to find it)- my question:
Does LE know exactly where SP's phone was when it sent that text to KP's phone?

They may not have been 'looking' for girls at the time. It might have been a crime of opportunity.

And there are a lot of RSOs and Grow Operations, and Meth dealers in Redding. Some may even live out in that area. I think the 2 women may have been in the area doing 'gang business' when they came across a pretty, petite blonde all alone on the roadside. They had a gun and some chains already in the SUV, so they impulsively kidnapped her. They may have been high on meth and stupid, as many criminals are.

Wow, even more reason to put out more of a description ... more about how it happened...what was said to her....did they grab her, point a gun at her...say anything before they threw a hood over her head and chained her up?

Seriously scariest scenario yet!

I would be curious to find out when exactly the branding was done during SP's captivity. How healed was it? SP might not of remembered exactly what day but I'm sure a doctor would be able to tell approx when it was done (Assuming it was sexual slavery) Was it done at the beginning to mark her in terms of ownership by her captors or was it done towards the end of her captivity as a humiliation/punishment type of deal? I am guessing that is one of the many things LE is keeping from the general public.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Yes. LE did not want the public to know about the branding. I'm guessing since it was already scabbed the branding had to be at least a week old. If the branding was more severe it could've taken longer to scab. I don't believe it was at the end of her capture because of the scabbing.

Under either of those scenarios there would have been no reason for the blank between 11/6 and 11/17 and there's no reason for LJ or KP to lie about it as either way there's still anonymous donor without having to fabricate a story. That also wouldn't exactly show much urgency on KP's part to let the ransom offer be unreported with him sitting on his hands about it from 11/6 until he vouched for CG on 11/17 if he knew about it on or before 11/6. On the other hand the blank can be explained by CG going to the paper himself on 11/6, getting rejected and then going to LJ subsequently to get to KP who vouched for him resulting in publication on 11/17, which that's done without saying LJ and/or KP are making stuff up.
When a theory becomes this convoluted, I tend to discount it. But that's just me. ;)

That's true. There was a sex trafficking expert that's discussed this on the news and said, only 10 percent of sex trafficking victims are taken this way. Then she added that Sherri seems to be in that 10 percent. Although it's rare, it's not impossible. It does happen.

Who was this?

Starving, branding, beating, chaining and holding captive for 3 weeks seems a bit harsh. Not to mention they would have had to have planning.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

They may not have been 'looking' for girls at the time. It might have been a crime of opportunity.

And there are a lot of RSOs and Grow Operations, and Meth dealers in Redding. Some may even live out in that area. I think the 2 women may have been in the area doing 'gang business' when they came across a pretty, petite blonde all alone on the roadside. They had a gun and some chains already in the SUV, so they impulsively kidnapped her. They may have been high on meth and stupid, as many criminals are.

I don't believe it was planned either. In the beginning I did. Then when LE said they believed it was random I changed my mind. It makes more sense with the way things have played out. This might be their first rodeo. It would explain all the dumb decisions they've made.

Why would SP text a phone that KP doesn't normally bring to work? I wonder if that struck him as strange and out of the ordinary.

I would think this could be checked out fairly easily either way. I assume LE would gather a good chunk of phone/text records to see what the usual pattern was?

They would also have KP's explanation from day 1 and then SP's independent explanation upon her return.

So if the the perps had forced SP to make that text then LE would already know.

http://theihti.org/abduction-myths-surrounding-human-trafficking/

While social media posts gather likes and shares and comments, these posts also build myths about trafficking. Through sensationalist posts, like those found on my Facebook feed, I quickly realized that friends and family believed that they were at high risk of being kidnapped and trafficked. Their regular trips to shopping malls and offices now, supposedly, represent a risk to them and their daughters.

This level of awareness is more harmful than helpful for several critical reasons:

It promotes a myth that trafficking is a crime of kidnapping. Ideas that girls are vulnerable to being snatched off the street lead to terror and fear. Kidnapping victims is risky for traffickers; instead, human traffickers are far more likely to lure individuals into a coercive scheme by building a relationship with and/or promising something to them. When individuals come willingly – at least at first – there’s less risk for the trafficker.

Young girls and young women should be afraid. It is very rare that they are grabbed out of a mall parking lot, although it has happened. But there are a lot of innocent young women 'scammed' into vulnerable situations where they are essentially kidnapped. Sometimes they are in a mall and they meet a 'talent agent', who gives them a card and invites them to an interview or a photo shoot. That invitation may end up being the end of their freedom for months or years.

They may meet a handsome young man who treats them like a princess. He is like a dream come true, until he gets her away from her friends and family, and she suddenly goes missing.

These victims are not all homeless drug addicts. They are often young single girls, trying to make their way in the world. :sigh:

It's no secret that Bethel Church has money

Yah think so? Geez, 1 out of every 25 license plates in Redding is from out of state. All Bethelites. They've even voted in their candidate to the City Council last November. Now their voice is in local government policy setting.

I don't believe it was planned either. In the beginning I did. Then when LE said they believed it was random I changed my mind. It makes more sense with the way things have played out. This might be their first rodeo. It would explain all the dumb decisions they've made.

First rodeo, dumb luck, and coincidence might be why nothing makes sense 17 threads later. My brain is full, I should probably be excused...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My husband has two cells—one personal and the other work issued. Both show up on my list of texts as "MrBeesInMyBonnet," without any differentiation as to which cell it is.

If I need to text him, Lazy-Old-Ain't-Nobody-Got-Time-For-That me, I just go to the last text exchange we had and text from there (versus selecting the "new text" icon and typing in his name or number.)

If he doesn't respond within whatever amount of time, I figure I've texted the wrong cell and text the same message to the other cell.

It's all very haphazard and catch as catch can, and sometimes I have needed him in an emergency—injured child, dying dog—and I haven't been able to reach him no matter how many numbers I text or call.

Anyway. I forget where I was going with this. I reckon it was all just to say that KP's not bringing his personal cell to jobs and SP's texting that phone did not raise any flags for me.[emoji53] Sometimes people do things that makes little sense to anyone but themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Under either of those scenarios there would have been no reason for the blank between 11/6 and 11/17 and there's no reason for LJ or KP to lie about it as either way there's still anonymous donor without having to fabricate a story. That also wouldn't exactly show much urgency on KP's part to let the ransom offer be unreported with him sitting on his hands about it from 11/6 until he vouched for CG on 11/17 if he knew about it on or before 11/6. On the other hand the blank can be explained by CG going to the paper himself on 11/6, getting rejected and then going to LJ subsequently to get to KP who vouched for him resulting in publication on 11/17, which that's done without saying LJ and/or KP are making stuff up.

Did you not see the video with LJ and CG posted in an earlier thread? I'm not understanding the gap you are talking about. Unless you mean some of the unreliable articles that are spreading lies on the web.

Who was this?

I tend to question statistics that land on such a neat round number. Besides the fact that 10% sounds high to me.
If Sherri was abducted for human/sex trafficking then she is a unicorn because there are just not white, middle-income, non-drug abusing, moms/wives that would be missed immediately being sex trafficked.

Wow, even more reason to put out more of a description ... more about how it happened...what was said to her....did they grab her, point a gun at her...say anything before they threw a hood over her head and chained her up?

Seriously scariest scenario yet!

I am not sure they want to do that yet. I do think they need to keep some info close to the vest. JMO

My husband has two cells—one personal and the other work issued. Both show up on my list of texts as "MrBeesInMyBonnet," without any differentiation as to which cell it is.

If I need to text him, Lazy-Old-Ain't-Nobody-Got-Time-For-That me, I just go to the last text exchange we had and text from there (versus selecting the "new text" icon and typing in his name or number.)

If he doesn't respond within whatever amount of time, I figure I've texted the wrong cell and text the same message to the other cell.

It's all very haphazard and catch as catch can, and sometimes I have needed him in an emergency—injured child, dying dog—and I haven't been able to reach him no matter how many numbers I text or call.

Anyway. I forget where I was going with this. I reckon it was all just to say that KP's not bringing his personal cell to jobs and SP's texting that phone did not raise any flags for me.[emoji53]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our brains were separated at birth...[emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads