Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #17

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
All the more reason for them to stay anonymous if they are the donors.

How would this have happened between the evening of 11/2 and 12/6? It would be strange for some random church leader to declare that a ransom should be offered using church funds even though an active ground search was going on and the husband hadn't yet been cleared. When would they have made this church executive decision, like on 11/3 when for all anyone not involved in the abduction could have know she would have been found dead through natural or artificial causes? If on the other hand CG was the one who lobbied church leadership immediately after the disappearance to offer a ransom for this case with CG in charge that too could have him be a firefighter arsonist just the only difference would be his funding was real instead of fake.

Her age isn’t the only, or even the main, reason that many believe it’s not sex-trafficking related. Sex traffickers aren’t stupid; they’re organized gangs whose business thrives because they run under the radar. While anything’s possible, it’s unlikely that they’re going to kidnap an unassuming stay-at-home mom going for a jog in rural California. They usually pick up runaways, drug addicts, etc. – people whose friends and family won’t go looking for them.

I know some Caucasian moms who are on guard for kidnappings; they fear they or their kids will be taken into some sort of prostitution ring/sex trafficking because of their race, looks (blonde/blue), “marketability” etc. It so rarely works that way, but I feel like people are projecting their largely irrational fears onto this case, just like Madeline McCann. And frankly, I wonder of some of SP’s circle is doing this as well, because they seem to have as little information as the rest of us.

Yes this case could be a one-off, but if it is, it’s still just a one-off. I think we all need to learn a little more about sex trafficking.

No offense to the OP. Just something I’ve noticed.

Very well said! *applause*

Why wouldn't the donor make the same offer for this poor missing woman? Since he didn't have to pay out in SP's case, and he still has all of his original funds, why not make that offer?

It seems that the anonymous donor only cared about SP :thinking:

Here's what I think:

-I think she was abducted by two women for sex trafficking.
-I think she was probably combative and non compliant and of course well known due to social media, thereby rendering her useless in the industry. Thus, they beat her because they were enraged and maybe even jealous of all of the attention she was getting from the media. They then let her go.
-I think the branding is a message specific to SP maybe having to do with her non compliance.
-As much as it appears this way, I don't think CG is involved in any way other than wanting to get her released and gain some publicity at the same time. This is JMO

There not been any evidence presented that this was a kidnapping (take (someone) away illegally by force, typically to obtain a ransom). No ransom was requested. This is classified as an abduction (the action or an instance of forcibly taking someone away against their will.). The SCSO is the lead agency in this.

Kidnapping, as defined under federal law,does not have to involve ransom. There is generally a motive; it can involve force and/or deceit, and it always involves false imprisonment. Abduction can involve force and/or deceit, too, but without the imprisonment factor. Think, for example, about children being "abducted" by their parents. The child is taken away from their home by one parent, perhaps lied to about having to move away, and then transported elsewhere. These children are usually not imprisoned in a room or basement, for example. They are usually disguised (given a new name, hair color/style, etc.), but not imprisoned.

SP was kidnapped. She was imprisoned against her will for some motive (which we don't yet know).

Very well said! *applause*

I also disagree with it being sex trafficking. Nobody would mark a face that badly, and break a nose like that. Breaking a nose often disfigures the face. Without plastic surgery, SP could very well be undesirable as a prostitute now. Aside from that, her face had (according to KP) other bruises and lumps and bumps, which COULD signify broken eye sockets/cheekbones, etc. Beating someone in the face that badly is not something pimps usually do. They usually hit the body in other places not as likely to bring down the value or turn off johns. Plus the emaciated look isn't exactly something most johns would be into. They starved her; that tends to make the body look terrible, the breasts shrink, the face gets pinched looking, etc.

Could it be that SP was followed home and actually abducted from home and for some reason LE is keeping that info private? It could explain the partially wrapped gift and LE's lack of warning to women in the community to be careful. This could also explain why the headphones and phone may have appeared to have been "placed" there. JMO

This may have already been addressed so if it has, my apologies.

The timeline/events the morning she went missing is confusing to me.

KP last sees her just before 7
A neighbor who knows her, sees her out running right around 9
She texts KP at around 10:30 (IIRC) to see if he was coming home for lunch (which has been stated is odd, since he doesn't use his cell at work, and she knows that)
And then there's the partially wrapped gift left sitting there
And her phone & ear buds left a mile away by the mailboxes

Based on all that, it seems like she went out for a run, came home and started to wrap that gift, texted him and then....... then what? Went out for another run? Taken from home and had her phone put their by either Hispanic #1 or #2?

Maybe someone else can put this together because it doesn't fit for me. What am I missing?

That doesn’t surprise John Kelly, a noted serial killer profiler.

“This is going to take an awful lot of therapy, an anti-depressant, probably anti-anxiety medication,” he tells PEOPLE. “It will be very hard for her to navigate these traumatic waters.”

“It’s only by an act of God that they let her go,” Kelly says. “I have a hard time understanding that as sadistic as these [people] are — and I’ve hunted many of them — would let someone live.”

http://people.com/crime/sherri-papini-missing-2016-whats-next-investigation/

Kidnapping, as defined under federal law,does not have to involve ransom. There is generally a motive; it can involve force and/or deceit, and it always involves false imprisonment. Abduction can involve force and/or deceit, too, but without the imprisonment factor. Think, for example, about children being "abducted" by their parents. The child is taken away from their home by one parent, perhaps lied to about having to move away, and then transported elsewhere. These children are usually not imprisoned in a room or basement, for example. They are usually disguised (given a new name, hair color/style, etc.), but not imprisoned.

SP was kidnapped. She was imprisoned against her will for some motive (which we don't yet know).

Interesting since the Sheriff used the word "abducted" during his November 29 presser

How would this have happened between the evening of 11/2 and 12/6? It would be strange for some random church leader to declare that a ransom should be offered using church funds even though an active ground search was going on and the husband hadn't yet been cleared. When would they have made this church executive decision, like on 11/3 when for all anyone not involved in the abduction could have know she would have been found dead through natural or artificial causes? If on the other hand CG was the one who lobbied church leadership immediately after the disappearance to offer a ransom for this case with CG in charge that too could have him be a firefighter arsonist just the only difference would be his funding was real instead of fake.

My guess is the order of events didn't happen the way they are explained. I think the mutual friend of SP and CG's went to CG and asked for help, then he went to HIS church leaders (Bethel) explaining that this mutual friend approached him. The Bethel donor offered the money, and told him to go to KP with it. Or it's possible to money was offered anonymously to assist in her search, then KP suggested the ransom. Or CG did -however the ransom came up. JMO

That doesn’t surprise John Kelly, a noted serial killer profiler.

“This is going to take an awful lot of therapy, an anti-depressant, probably anti-anxiety medication,” he tells PEOPLE. “It will be very hard for her to navigate these traumatic waters.”

“It’s only by an act of God that they let her go,” Kelly says. “I have a hard time understanding that as sadistic as these [people] are — and I’ve hunted many of them — would let someone live.”

http://people.com/crime/sherri-papini-missing-2016-whats-next-investigation/

I still believe the plan never was to kill her. Just to brutalize her, and terrify her family & loved ones for a an extended period of time. There would have been no need for her head to be covered or for the people to have their faces concealed, or the branding, if they were going to kill her.

She texts KP at around 10:30 (IIRC) to see if he was coming home for lunch (which has been stated is odd, since he doesn't use his cell at work, and she knows that)

Based on all that, it seems like she went out for a run, came home and started to wrap that gift, texted him and then....... then what? Went out for another run? Taken from home and had her phone put their by either Hispanic #1 or #2?

Maybe someone else can put this together because it doesn't fit for me. What am I missing?

Strange he has a cell but wouldn't even look at it during his lunch. What if something happened to the kids? Something DID happen to her.

There was a report about a possible sighting of her at the Shasta Mall at the eyebrow store at 12:45-1:30 pm. Not sure if it was her.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=105616&d=1480961932

I feel like LE knows the answers to this and for some reason they aren't sharing it with the public.

I don't have the exact quote handy but LE did explicitly state that no other people had been mentioned by SP besides the two Latina women.

True, but that does not mean they don't know otherwise. There may have been a very violent man who threatened to come back and kill her babies if she ever identified him to LE. If so, the sheriff would cover for her to protect her and her family, imo.

Strange he has a cell but wouldn't even look at it during his lunch. What if something happened to the kids? Something DID happen to her.

There was a report about a possible sighting of her at the Shasta Mall at the eyebrow store at 12:45-1:30 pm. Not sure if it was her.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=105616&d=1480961932

Maybe not so strange. My hubby's company policy is ZERO tolerance for personal cell use during company time. Of course it doesn't stop the employees from doing it, they just know how to not get caught. But some of them do actually turn it off before clocking in. If they need to be contacted for an emergency, they can be reached through the company & paged.

Not saying this is his company's policy but it's certainly possible.

I know that many of you think that this case has nothing to do with sex trafficking. I am also aware that SP does not fit the typical prototype for the industry. But, could it be that these Hispanic women were instructed to find a woman fitting the description of SP for sex trafficking? Maybe even instructed to find someone who is not a teenager? Perhaps there was a pimp involved who had gotten requests for someone who fit SP's description?

I dunno. It just seems like a weird place to be looking for "younger" girls in the middle of the day. Maybe if it was near a business district. But it was random. It does make me ask why those women were in that neighborhood...cleaning service? Day care providers? Floral delivery? I've not heard that anyone from le has spoken to neighbors.

It's really not strange considering his line of work. He does installations inside homes. The times it takes to install varies. The location of the homes where he installs in varies.

Best Buy doesn't allow employees to take personal calls while at a customers home. It's unprofessional. So he most likely leaves his personal phone in his vehicle, and then checks it when he's done with an installation.

When there's an installation close to his own home, he probably goes home for lunch. My husband works a job where he is not allowed to use his personal phone unless he's not on a call. I text him throughout the day, knowing he'll respond when he gets the chance. I don't find this odd at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member