Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interest is waning. And I know some see that as good but I don't. I think the public could help a lot (unless they actually have a suspect )
I do not want the case jeopardized but I do think LE could release more information with harming it or anyone else
JMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree, and it also makes it seem like there's no need to worry about being abducted off the street. I'm not worried since I live thousands of miles away, but I'm not even sure I would be if I lived there because there doesn't seem to be any urgency.

Responding to whether or not Lake16 had posted any new information- new as in new, or as in, any additional posts after s/he stopped posting last night?

I missed the whole exchange last night but caught up (adding my thanks for being here, L-16!).

For anyone else who missed Lake-16's posts, a brief summary:

1. L-16 has seen and has spoken with SP.

2. Is 100% sure KP had nothing to do with it

3. Is 100% sure SP was abducted

4. Stated a personal belief it was related to sex trafficking

5. Seemed to suggest the Redding area is pretty unsafe, given the number of sex offenders and other released felons in the area

6. Said SP was abducted near the mailboxes

7. Didn't know if SP sent that text to KP earlier on about lunch

8. Said SP did NOT write that blog we're not to discuss (sorry, delete if need be, mods).

9. Said CG was well respected in community and a loving family man, stated belief he was just trying to help, but also probably took advantage of the opportunity for PR. OK with that, because publicity may well have helped return SP alive.

10. Guesses that the anonymous donor might belong to the Bethel Church-- just a guess, no knowledge

11. Seems to be saying it's accurate that ONE of her captors released her.

12. Thinks that "publicity, sympathy, and fear of being apprehended" might have led to that release

13. Can't comment on any specifics because of ongoing LE investigation, and won't comment on SP's well-being, as it is KP or SP's place to do so, and no one else's.

14. Thinks the Papinis feel LE has treated them fairly for the most part, though (L-16) wishes more info could be released.

15. Gave a well deserved and powerful what-fer to those who criticized KP's precise language, etc. in his 20/20 interview. :)

WOW! Very well done. Thanks!

News websites are doing a fine job spreading false information. I just scanned Google News and several outlets are reporting that SP and Tera Smith both disappeared on the same "jogging trail." As if Old Oregon Trail was an actual trail.

After following this case and the presidential election, I have no faith whatsoever in MSM.

Responding to whether or not Lake16 had posted any new information- new as in new, or as in, any additional posts after s/he stopped posting last night?

I missed the whole exchange last night but caught up (adding my thanks for being here, L-16!).

For anyone else who missed Lake-16's posts, a brief summary:

1. L-16 has seen and has spoken with SP.

2. Is 100% sure KP had nothing to do with it

3. Is 100% sure SP was abducted

4. Stated a personal belief it was related to sex trafficking

5. Seemed to suggest the Redding area is pretty unsafe, given the number of sex offenders and other released felons in the area

6. Said SP was abducted near the mailboxes

7. Didn't know if SP sent that text to KP earlier on about lunch

8. Said SP did NOT write that blog we're not to discuss (sorry, delete if need be, mods).

9. Said CG was well respected in community and a loving family man, stated belief he was just trying to help, but also probably took advantage of the opportunity for PR. OK with that, because publicity may well have helped return SP alive.

10. Guesses that the anonymous donor might belong to the Bethel Church-- just a guess, no knowledge

11. Seems to be saying it's accurate that ONE of her captors released her.

12. Thinks that "publicity, sympathy, and fear of being apprehended" might have led to that release

13. Can't comment on any specifics because of ongoing LE investigation, and won't comment on SP's well-being, as it is KP or SP's place to do so, and no one else's.

14. Thinks the Papinis feel LE has treated them fairly for the most part, though (L-16) wishes more info could be released.

15. Gave a well deserved and powerful what-fer to those who criticized KP's precise language, etc. in his 20/20 interview. :)
Wow great job

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Could it be that SP was followed home and actually abducted from home and for some reason LE is keeping that info private? It could explain the partially wrapped gift and LE's lack of warning to women in the community to be careful. This could also explain why the headphones and phone may have appeared to have been "placed" there. JMO

For those interested in sex trafficking, there is an interesting article written earlier this year by the Shasta DA who prosecuted the Baldwin-Green case in Redding.

Victim #1 told investigators that she was forced to work as a prostitute for Melvin Baldwin-Green and Tanishisa Williams. She described being pimped by the defendants in the Redding area. Victim #1 described being held in the house because the door knobs would be flipped around so that the locking mechanism was on the outside of the house. This particular method of keeping control over the victims was also
described by Victim #5.

RPD Investigator’s Solada and Smetak began to review backpage.com advertisements in early May of 2014 and discovered an advertisement with Baldwin-Green’s phone number advertising the services of Victim #2. Investigators set up a sting operation to locate Victim #2...

The learning curve for me and the investigators who worked the case was incredibly steep but even steeper for the Judge and jurors who ultimately decided the case. When I say learning curve, I am referring to the law, the jury instructions, defining terms like liberty, learning to work with victims who don’t recognize themselves as victims, learning to work with victims who have an absolute complete distrust for law enforcement. As one investigator said, “investigating pimpin ain’t easy and prosecuting pimpin ain’t easy.”

The Judge and jurors learned about “the game”, johns, tricks, dates, out calls, in calls, romeo pimps, gorilla pimps, the blade, the track, going rogue, in pocket, “out of pocket”, and countless more terms they never wanted defined!

In this case the victims are young woman. Many in society would view them as throw away girls. They are victims who are actively committing crimes every time they commit a sexual act for money to pay their
pimp. However, these young girls are anything but throwaway girls, they are victims. Each one of these girls is unique, they are human beings who deserve to be treated as humans, not as numbers in the system or pieces of property to be sold.

These victims end up working for pimps because they have suffered physical and/or sexual abuse in the past, lack family support, have been in and out of the system, or are just troubled in some way. These girls belong to families of all socio-economic levels. One of the victims in this case has a police officer for a father and she came from a “good” home. These girls fall into this lifestyle because it fulfills some need.

The need fulfilled by the pimp may be very basic: food, shelter, clothing or more complex: a relationship perceived as one involving love and affection.

Much more at link:
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...Xzv3TLz9tIKtgx-Cg&sig2=RGl-RzyFptUM3O-4olOKdA

I know that many of you think that this case has nothing to do with sex trafficking. I am also aware that SP does not fit the typical prototype for the industry. But, could it be that these Hispanic women were instructed to find a woman fitting the description of SP for sex trafficking? Maybe even instructed to find someone who is not a teenager? Perhaps there was a pimp involved who had gotten requests for someone who fit SP's description?

I was very disappointed when I was watching Ashleigh Banfield's show and she gave that update with no source to back it up at all. I couldn't believe it.

I didn't like her earlier show that was on in the mornings, on political stuff, because she was often very biased, pretending to be unbiased.

[FONT=&quot]Cameron Gamble is the wild card in this case and I believe has way too much to gain from Sherri's disappearance and especially her"safe" return. His background and all this craziness just comes full circle I think.[/FONT]

I know that many of you think that this case has nothing to do with sex trafficking. I am also aware that SP does not fit the typical prototype for the industry. But, could it be that these Hispanic women were instructed to find a woman fitting the description of SP for sex trafficking? Maybe even instructed to find someone who is not a teenager? Perhaps there was a pimp involved who had gotten requests for someone who fit SP's description?

Maybe she was mistaken for as teenager. The abductors probably didn't know her and mistakingly thought she was much younger based on her small size and long hair. Also, while a few of us "older adults" get out and run, most runners are younger. Plus, maybe another younger blonde runner used that same running trail and the abductors thought they were getting her. Just a guess

Maybe she was mistaken for as teenager. The abductors probably didn't know her and mistakingly thought she was much younger based on her small size and long hair. Also, while a few of us "older adults" get out and run, most runners are younger. Plus, maybe another younger blonde runner used that same running trail and the abductors thought they were getting her. Just a guess
I haven't found any cases of blonde joggers of any age abducted in the US by sex traffickers. What would make sense if the high profile aspect got to them would be to kill her and hide her body. Of course someone might find a remote case somewhere, but add to it that she was released....even more rare. JMO

They would know the second they saw her face that she is not a teenager. And there are plenty of troubled teens and runaways in the area for them to choose from, they don't need to start abducting random 30 something women in broad daylight.

Her age isn’t the only, or even the main, reason that many believe it’s not sex-trafficking related. Sex traffickers aren’t stupid; they’re organized gangs whose business thrives because they run under the radar. While anything’s possible, it’s unlikely that they’re going to kidnap an unassuming stay-at-home mom going for a jog in rural California. They usually pick up runaways, drug addicts, etc. – people whose friends and family won’t go looking for them.

I know some Caucasian moms who are on guard for kidnappings; they fear they or their kids will be taken into some sort of prostitution ring/sex trafficking because of their race, looks (blonde/blue), “marketability” etc. It so rarely works that way, but I feel like people are projecting their largely irrational fears onto this case, just like Madeline McCann. And frankly, I wonder of some of SP’s circle is doing this as well, because they seem to have as little information as the rest of us.

Yes this case could be a one-off, but if it is, it’s still just a one-off. I think we all need to learn a little more about sex trafficking.

No offense to the OP. Just something I’ve noticed.

They would know the second they saw her face that she is not a teenager. And there are plenty of troubled teens and runaways in the area for them to choose from, they don't need to start abducting random 30 something women in broad daylight.

They may not have gotten a good look at her face until they already grabbed her. Then maybe after they thought...what the hell? Why not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aholloway14744