Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #188

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The account “the unraveling” was 3 people- 1 man and 2 women. They all used the same password to access their “unraveling” accounts, Twitter YouTube etc. one of the women primarily used the Twitter account.

The man became angry with the women for some reason and went into all of the accounts and changed the password, Locking the 2 women out.

Then, I’m assuming as some sort of revenge, he gave the password to murder sheet to scour all of the private conversations for their little expose. Then he deactivated the accounts which somehow deleted the group chats etc. I’m not familiar enough to explain that part.

All MOO
The man, the owner of said accounts, became disgusted and shocked by the others. He wanted no part of it. It was not revenge, it was whistleblowing. All just my interpretation but talked about by the man himself in part three of the three-part MS podcast series.

And here we are on Websleuths talking about it. Gobsmacked, I tell ya.

IMO MOO
True enough, but only because some 'professionals' who've worked with the Defence Team (so subject to same legal restrictions/gag order), and on behalf of it, decided to violate the gag orders in place and discuss the deets outside of their professional and secure workplace in a very unprofessional and unethical manner. And, with some uninvolved members of the public having access/participation/non-unauthorized legal access too.

Lucky us. Indeed - I am gobsmacked.

The man, the owner of said accounts, became disgusted and shocked by the others. He wanted no part of it. It was not revenge, it was whistleblowing. All just my interpretation but talked about by the man himself in part three of the three-part MS podcast series.

I agree, I see it as whistleblowing as well. Posting on internet is not like the old days when letters could be burned, nothing is private when a group is involved. I’m shocked that none of this group is more cautious - especially if becoming involved in a professional capacity - of this old but true adage -

*Never Write Down What You Don't Want Others to Know*​

IMO it serves them right that they were outed. They ought to be ashamed of their foolish, thoughtless and arrogant behaviour. Hopefully they might learn something from this and realize how over the line they acted and back away from their power trip to nowhere.

Last edited:
I agree, I see it as whistleblowing as well. Posting on internet is not like the old days when letters could be burned, nothing is private when a group is involved. I’m shocked that none of this group is more cautious - especially if becoming involved in a professional capacity - of this old but true adage -

*Never Write Down What You Don't Want Others to Know*​

IMO it serves them right that they were outed. They ought to be ashamed of their foolish, thoughtless and arrogant behaviour. Hopefully they might learn something from this and realize how over the line they acted and back away from their power trip to nowhere.

Agree - I know many attorneys and if they had been brazen enough to put these disgusting thoughts to actual words it would have been over a phone call
I am absolutely beyond disappointed in the actions of individuals that should have had the professional wherewithal to not partake in this behavior.
I am also surprised that some otherwise smart, logical people that typically show discernment are defending or downplaying this behavior.
One can be a faithful supporter of the defense team and not condone this behavior. At some point it’s more dignified to recognize that the behavior was out of line, and call a spade a spade.
It’s painfully obvious it was a bad move. They got caught and now they will pay whatever legal, professional and/or social penalties that follow.

Agree - I know many attorneys and if they had been brazen enough to put these disgusting thoughts to actual words it would have been over a phone call
I am absolutely beyond disappointed in the actions of individuals that should have had the professional wherewithal to not partake in this behavior.
I am also surprised that some otherwise smart, logical people that typically show discernment are defending or downplaying this behavior.
One can be a faithful supporter of the defense team and not condone this behavior. At some point it’s more dignified to recognize that the behavior was out of line, and call a spade a spade.
It’s painfully obvious it was a bad move. They got caught and now they will pay whatever legal, professional and/or social penalties that follow.
So I am wondering: if there are to be repercussions for B & R over whatever was said in the Ms podcast, what are they likely to be? Who is likely to seek repercussions and how? Eg: is JG likely to throw them off the case at the upcoming pretrials? Is NM likely to file some sort of contempt motion? Is someone (who?) likely to complain to whichever board has oversight of the law profession (eg: ethics board)?

2. How about the players involved in the chat? What repercussions if any could they experience as a result?

3. When would we expect to begin to learn of any consequences for all concerned?

So I am wondering: if there are to be repercussions for B & R over whatever was said in the Ms podcast, what are they likely to be? Who is likely to seek repercussions and how? Eg: is JG likely to throw them off the case at the upcoming pretrials? Is NM likely to file some sort of contempt motion? Is someone (who?) likely to complain to whichever board has oversight of the law profession (eg: ethics board)?

2. How about the players involved in the chat? What repercussions if any could they experience as a result?

3. When would we expect to begin to learn of any consequences for all concerned?
I don’t have the answers to these questions.
I suspect that socially and professionally there may have already been some consequences. What, I don’t know.
Sometimes the wheels of justice turn slowly when it comes to legal consequences. I guess we will see.
In the interim I imagine they are being shunned in some dignified circles.
More importantly; consequences shouldn’t be the only thing deterring civilized human beings from making bad judgements. Everyday we are expected to govern ourselves within the confines of what is legally, ethically and morally responsible. It’s impossible for all of us to be monitored at all times by enforcing bodies.
Otherwise we will see a repeat of The Lord of the Flies where rules just go out the window when penalties aren’t being consistently provided.
That would be a dangerous and shameful experience IMO

Great questions!

Well if it can be proven that AB & BR met with any of the "Gang" and discussed the case with them...that could be a whole lotta trouble. Ditto for their PI...and if CW was "working" for the defense writing briefs etc..with or without a NDA and talked the details of the case with others, really not good. JMO

Well if it can be proven that AB & BR met with any of the "Gang" and discussed the case with them...that could be a whole lotta trouble. Ditto for their PI...and if CW was "working" for the defense writing briefs etc..with or without a NDA and talked the details of the case with others, really not good. JMO
Not to be pessimistic but quite honestly I doubt we will see any significant penalties here. If the past is any indication of this it is a high legal bar to prove guilt and even then the penalties are light. I don't have to like it, but unfortunately its the way it tends to go.
I believe MW walked away with a diversion program requirement for his involvement in “the leak” and AB&BR may have some professional board to answer to for their part but let’s be realistic here- the consequences will most likely be underwhelming and years from being handed down.
Unfortunately, the consequences don’t always match the misdeed and shouldn’t be the measurement used to determine the gravity of the conduct.

@NewsyBarbara

Indiana Supreme Court DENIES Defense motion to remove Judge Gull in #Delphi case. Court ruled Gull did miss the deadlines cited by Defense, but bc they filed other motions - Allen is not protected by the trial rule cited. All sides meet again July 29-August 1...(more)

1:24 PM · Jul 19, 2024

in Delphi for a motions hearing. Trial is scheduled for October 14, 2024 in Delphi. Jury selection will happen in Allen County with an Allen Co. jury pool.

1:25 PM · Jul 19, 2024

State of Indiana v. Richard M. Allen​

Case Number24S-SJ-00237
CourtSupreme Court
TypeSJ - Special Judges
Filed07/11/2024
Status07/11/2024 , Pending (active)
ReferenceCase cross references
Original County Cause Number
08C012210MR1
RelatedLower Trial Court Case
08C01-2210-MR-000001

Chronological Case Summary​

07/11/2024Request for Special Judge
Praecipe for Determination Whether a Ruling Has Been Delayed beyond the Time Limitations Set Forth Under Trial Rule 53.1 filed in the trial court on 07/11/2024

File Stamp:
07/11/2024
07/19/2024Notice of Determination - Withdrawal of Judge Denied
Notice denying withdrawal of submission pursuant to Trial Rule 53.1/53.2
Serve:
Trial Clerk 08 - Carroll
Serve:
Office of Judicial Admin, Chief Admin Officer
Serve:
Gull, Frances M. Cutino
File Stamp:
07/19/2024

IMG_8889.jpegIMG_8890.jpeg

@NewsyBarbara

Indiana Supreme Court DENIES Defense motion to remove Judge Gull in #Delphi case. Court ruled Gull did miss the deadlines cited by Defense, but bc they filed other motions - Allen is not protected by the trial rule cited. All sides meet again July 29-August 1...(more)

1:24 PM · Jul 19, 2024

in Delphi for a motions hearing. Trial is scheduled for October 14, 2024 in Delphi. Jury selection will happen in Allen County with an Allen Co. jury pool.

1:25 PM · Jul 19, 2024

She's in Delphi a full ten days before the hearings? Hmmm....wonder if she has some kind of inside scoop that something's gonna happen.

IMO MOO

I know that there has been some chatter about the lack of evidence on the side of the P. I was able to locate this article. It should be reassuring to those that worry that the case could be weak.

Reporter :'The probable cause affidavit, I suspect, is going to answer a lot of I-Team 8’s questions. Will it answer all of our questions?'

Carter: "Oh, no. Remember, this case is 2,100 days old, and the facts in their totality will come out at the trial and not until then. I can appreciate the desire for our citizens to have these questions answered, and my response to that is it will come when it will come. It will come, but if any of us said anything, that would be' detrimental to the prosecution of the person or persons that killed Abby and Libby, and I was responsible. You should hold me accountable, too”
diana police superintendent: Delphi murders' facts will come out at trial

I don’t have the answers to these questions.
I suspect that socially and professionally there may have already been some consequences. What, I don’t know.
Sometimes the wheels of justice turn slowly when it comes to legal consequences. I guess we will see.
In the interim I imagine they are being shunned in some dignified circles.
More importantly; consequences shouldn’t be the only thing deterring civilized human beings from making bad judgements. Everyday we are expected to govern ourselves within the confines of what is legally, ethically and morally responsible. It’s impossible for all of us to be monitored at all times by enforcing bodies.
Otherwise we will see a repeat of The Lord of the Flies where rules just go out the window when penalties aren’t being consistently provided.
That would be a dangerous and shameful experience IMO
Fun fact: lord of the flies was written in response to another book that had been publish with which William Golding strongly disagreed.

She's in Delphi a full ten days before the hearings? Hmmm....wonder if she has some kind of inside scoop that something's gonna happen.

IMO MOO
probably had to book a hotel room way in advance or risk not being super local given the popularity of this case in the media and for various content creators.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MollyKM
Back