Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the FBI is not involved, I'm not overly confident that this case will ever be solved.I don't know that the local department has the resources or experience necessary to untangle this web.

Does the SCSO have a good record at solving missing person/abduction cases? Does anyone here know?

There not been any evidence presented that this was a kidnapping (take (someone) away illegally by force, typically to obtain a ransom). No ransom was requested. This is classified as an abduction (the action or an instance of forcibly taking someone away against their will.). The SCSO is the lead agency in this.

Further, if there was evidence of sex trafficking the FBI would be heavily involved IMO. They recently have been very active in this area, conducting the largest sting in history just a month or so ago.

If the FBI is not involved, I'm not overly confident that this case will ever be solved.I don't know that the local department has the resources or experience necessary to untangle this web.

I just hope that investigators are NOT members of that creepy so-called church.!! DNA from SP's clothing and chain and hose clamps may not have come back from the lab yet...hopefully the results will be of some use. As for the 3 stops she made after being pushed out of the car...I've heard scary house, junkyard and junkyard dog,and Jehovahs Witness church. Who knows? JMO

Does the SCSO have a good record at solving missing person/abduction cases? Does anyone here know?

IMO The Sheriff has taken heat for how he handled the Shane Miller case. He is the man who allegedly killed his wife and 2 kids in 2013 or 2014. He went on the run, he was seen in a nearby town, they (Sheriff) found his truck near the woods since it was near dark, the Sheriff decided to wait until morning to and search for him.. The next morning, nothing. No sign of him. It was just recently that they found his body in those same woods.

It is very bothersome to me that the Sherif's office made so many (IMO) negative statements about the validity of an abduction in the early days as far as SP is concerned.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and maybe say Bethel Church was the anon donor? What's your thought.

Some call it a cult.

Well, it can't just be the church itself. Are we talking about the pastor? Didn't CG state the the AD was not local?

Thanks for the link. But IMO, saying "nothing points to trafficking" is quite different than saying "we don't have specific information". I think LE focuses on details, not generalizations. JMO.

absolutely sex trafficking

10:50
thank you very good question we don't

10:51
have specific information

10:54
it was related to any cartel in vote or

10:56
to human trafficking

When asked at a Wednesday press conference if Papini’s abduction might be related to a cartel or a sex trafficking operation, Shasta County Sheriff Tom Bosenko said, according to CBS, “We do not have specific information if it was related to a cartel or human trafficking.”

In a sit-down with The Today Show, Bill Garcia, who was hired by Papini’s family during the 22 days she was missing, told the show, “I suspect based on the types of injuries Sherri incurred, the beatings, the broken nose, the cut hair, especially the chains and the branding, indicate that most likely it was one of these sex trafficking groups.”

http://people.com/crime/investigato...-motive-behind-sherri-papini-kidnapping-case/

I have no idea whatsoever why Ms. Papini was abducted, and don't think there is enough information available to do anything other than guess at the why.

But, to add to the speculation her abduction was sex trafficking related.

Hypothetically, perhaps Ms. Papini was spotted by 2 women who were in her area for other reasons, perhaps relating to drugs and/or trafficking. They saw her and grabbed her, thinking she was much younger, and didn't have the opportunity to assess who they had grabbed until hours later.

How would they know even then, that first day or until they saw/heard news of her kidnapping, that anything Ms. Papini told them about her age was true? How would they know she was telling the truth she had children?

Maybe the initial beatings were in part because she wasn't telling them what they wanted/needed to hear. And, maybe Ms. Papini pretended that rolled up cloth was a baby and rocked it in part to convince her captors she really was a mother, and really not as young as she first looked.

(Just completely wild speculation, fwiw). ;)

Nope and the FBI got involved back when she was missing. They were thanked at the press conference and by KP in his first letter after she was found. Perhaps they are still involved? IDK how we would know if they were no longer involved.

He also thanked the probation department...any idea what that is about (guessing mugshots for SP to view).

He also thanked the probation department...any idea what that is about (guessing mugshots for SP to view).
Probation dept would be the ones primarily checking on the RSO's in the area.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

IIRC, the probation department assisted with parolees and RSOs in the area.

That is bizarre. I'm going to stick with looking for any new direct statements from the sheriff, however. If he wanted to clear up something from the 20/20 special he could call a press conference or put out a press release. In the absence of a new statement from the sheriff it feels like the media is manipulating things to keep the public interest in the case. JMO.

Me too, MSM is not reliable. In this same 20/20 report on 12/2, reporter says KP "CONSENTS" to a report and during Nightline on 12/2 the same reporter says KP "DEMANDED" a lie detector. The reporter also says it was 12 days between abduction and ransom video, it was 17 days. There are soo many discrepancies. I wish the reporter would clean it up!

Notice at the beginning of this video he refers to the two women as "the assailants" - then later as the abductors. This leads me to believe there were no other assailants.

I sure hope I'm wrong. But I have the feeling that there were men involved in this.

Given the sex trafficking problem in NorCal, and the amount of registered sex offenders in redding; I can see why SP's family and friends think it was ST. I guess it fits Occams theory well for them.

http://theihti.org/abduction-myths-surrounding-human-trafficking/

While social media posts gather likes and shares and comments, these posts also build myths about trafficking. Through sensationalist posts, like those found on my Facebook feed, I quickly realized that friends and family believed that they were at high risk of being kidnapped and trafficked. Their regular trips to shopping malls and offices now, supposedly, represent a risk to them and their daughters.

This level of awareness is more harmful than helpful for several critical reasons:

It promotes a myth that trafficking is a crime of kidnapping. Ideas that girls are vulnerable to being snatched off the street lead to terror and fear. Kidnapping victims is risky for traffickers; instead, human traffickers are far more likely to lure individuals into a coercive scheme by building a relationship with and/or promising something to them. When individuals come willingly – at least at first – there’s less risk for the trafficker.

I don't believe it falls under their jurisdiction. They investigate child abductions and abductions across state lines (and bank robberies and other stuff), but an abducted adult within the state is given to state and local law enforcement. Now, they do assist with certain aspects, like electronic forensics, and probably have in this case. At least, that's the way I understand it.

Has this Sheriff tried calling the Stae Police for help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aholloway14744