Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we sure the FBI is not involved?

Nope and the FBI got involved back when she was missing. They were thanked at the press conference and by KP in his first letter after she was found. Perhaps they are still involved? IDK how we would know if they were no longer involved.

If this was a random sex trafficking abduction.

Then why isn't LE releasing the ruse that was used to get SP attention to go near the car with the women.

Did they tell SP that they had car problems or needed directions or what?

So imo. If LE isnt mentioning the ruse used to gain SP trust to come closer.

Then this may not be a unrelated sex trafficking abduction case off the street. Jmo

Now a 11 year old was just raped 4 days ago after some guy hit her with his suv and then abducted and raped her and then let her go.

But she was able to give enough information to get the guy caught within the same day.

Now of course she was terrified. But she provided detailed information that was mentioned to the public in order to catch the suspect quick, since he was still a danger to others. Jmo

https://www.google.com/amp/www.dail...d-Memphis-girl-abducted-raped-way-school.html

The article includes no statements from people who support CG and the work he claims to do. Either they didn't want to hear from those people to provide balance or they deliberately excluded their statements. The article also makes a false claim about Criminal Justice Services. There is, in fact, such a department in California.

https://oag.ca.gov/careers/descriptions/cjis

Sure reads like a hit piece to me (and I have no particular sympathy for CG).

Gonna be out of pocket for a few hours but I want to return to this tonight and discuss it more. I think the CG aspect of this case is far from over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Although my legal expertise is pretty much limited to cop shows, I am fairly certain I have heard the phrase "kidnapping is a federal offense" so I would think the FBI would still be involved...and actually, I wonder why the FBI isn't the agency doing press conferences instead of the sherriff's office?

If this was a random sex trafficking abduction.

Then why isn't LE releasing the ruse that was used to get SP attention to go near the car with the women.

Did they tell SP that they had car problems or needed directions or what?

So imo. If LE isnt mentioning the ruse used to gain SP trust to come closer.

Then this may not be a unrelated sex trafficking abduction case off the street. Jmo

Now a 11 year old was just raped 4 days ago after some guy hit her with his suv and then abducted and raped her and then let her go.

But she was able to give enough information to get the guy caught within the same day.

Now of course she was terrified. But she provided detailed information that was mentioned to the public in order to catch the suspect quick, since he was still a danger to others. Jmo

That's terrible! That poor child...sick sick people!

Nope and the FBI got involved back when she was missing. They were thanked at the press conference and by KP in his first letter after she was found. Perhaps they are still involved? IDK how we would know if they were no longer involved.

Right, the FBI nearly always gets involved in cases of kidnapping. There's always the possibility of the abduction crossing state lines, which would make it a federal crime.

Similarly, the possibility of human trafficking here would keep them involved until it can be ruled out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Th ey did not just rule him out based on a lie detector though. KP gave all his phone and computer records, he had evidence of where he was all day and the Sheriff said he was not a suspect. The Sheriff took 9 days to investigate and rule him out so they did not do so at random. But the point is that LE DID rule KP out.

IMO part of the problem is the ABC reporting;

I live locally so I know 20/20 didpart of their report on Tuesday 11/29.
During the FRIDAY 12/2 20/20 report the reporter Matt Guttman states the Sheriff does not consider KP a suspect, then...

During the Saturday GMA 12/3 program the same reporter says "the Sheriff told him last night" that no one has been ruled out.

Sounded to me like the Sheriff watched 20/20 and contacted the reporter to correct him or change his stance. then...

12/5 Monday GMA the same reporter restates no one is ruled out...

I am looking for the link, Sheriff Bosenko explained that the FBI has conditions for involvement and they were not met, I think he thanked them for the involvement they gave where they could. That means they did not cross state lines etc...

Although my legal expertise is pretty much limited to cop shows, I am fairly certain I have heard the phrase "kidnapping is a federal offense" so I would think the FBI would still be involved...and actually, I wonder why the FBI isn't the agency doing press conferences instead of the sherriff's office?

From the fbi website:

If a child is missing and possibly kidnapped, but no interstate transportation is known, will the FBI begin an investigation?

Yes. The FBI will initiate a kidnapping investigation involving a missing child “of tender years,” even though there is no known interstate aspect. “Tender years” is generally defined as a child 12 years or younger. The FBI will monitor other kidnapping situations when there is no evidence of interstate travel, and it offers assistance from various entities including the FBI Laboratory.

IMO part of the problem is the ABC reporting;

I live locally so I know 20/20 didpart of their report on Tuesday 11/29.
During the FRIDAY 12/2 20/20 report the reporter Matt Guttman states the Sheriff does not consider KP a suspect, then...

During the Saturday GMA 12/3 program the same reporter says "the Sheriff told him last night" that no one has been ruled out.

Sounded to me like the Sheriff watched 20/20 and contacted the reporter to correct him or change his stance. then...

12/5 Monday GMA the same reporter restates no one is ruled out...

That is bizarre. I'm going to stick with looking for any new direct statements from the sheriff, however. If he wanted to clear up something from the 20/20 special he could call a press conference or put out a press release. In the absence of a new statement from the sheriff it feels like the media is manipulating things to keep the public interest in the case. JMO.

There not been any evidence presented that this was a kidnapping (take (someone) away illegally by force, typically to obtain a ransom). No ransom was requested. This is classified as an abduction (the action or an instance of forcibly taking someone away against their will.). The SCSO is the lead agency in this.

While watching 20/20 I noticed it was said SP ran to three locations after she was dropped off...none were the church - I swear my 1st thought was that there must have been video at the church...yesterday someone here confirmed that. There was nothing significant on the video.
People: Before she was found, Shasta County Sheriff Tom Bosenko tells PEOPLE, “She was able to walk to a nearby church but nobody was there at 4:30 in the morning, and then she walked back and was able to flag down a motorist near Interstate 5 and Yolo County Road 17."

I know later something was mentioned about a junkyard - but the initial reports only mentioned the church. I don't know what to make of this, it is just a descrepancy that is bugging me.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and maybe say Bethel Church was the anon donor? What's your thought.

Some call it a cult.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and maybe say Bethel Church was the anon donor? What's your thought.

I think you might be right on target! ;) However I don't believe it's a cult.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member