Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ibiz posted this on the last thread (post #1013):

"That's what I wondered. Where was she dropped off at? KP said she first ran to a house, and then a junk yard before going to the freeway?"

LE said early on that she ran to a church, then flagged down someone on the roadway. KP said on the 20/20 interview that SP ran to an uninviting house, then a building, then the roadway. Now there's a junkyard thrown in?

How is anyone supposed to make sense of this? We don't know the facts because the facts change when the wind blows. I wonder if LE has been met with the same confusion?

I thought she was branded and that is what is typically done to sex traffickers. My apologies if I'm mistaken.

I believe you are mistaking. If you Google "sex trafficking branding" the only results show pictures of tattoos. Which is not what happened in this case.

I thought she was branded and that is what is typically done to sex traffickers. My apologies if I'm mistaken.

You are correct. She was branded, not tattooed. And that is what many traffickers do to their victims.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2016/...-now-branding-victims-to-show-slave-ownership

Human traffickers now branding victims to show slave ownership

Monday Feb 15, 2016

There is a new disgusting trend that further dehumanizes victims of human trafficking/slavery. Pimps and perpetrators are now branding their victims. One way they are claiming ownership is with tattoos.

Sara Sidner with CNN interviewed a 17-year-old girl named “Adriana” who candidly talks about the life she managed to get away from alive. Adriana shows Sidner the tattoo she received. She said she got it when she was 14. Vice Sgt. Ron Fisher of the Los Angeles Police Department in Van Nuys stated that is how other pimps know whose property belongs to who. Branding shows up all over the girls' bodies. Some tattoos include:

Pimps’ initials on a girl’s face
F*&^ You, Pay Me on a girls neck
ATM on a girls crotch
A barcode on a girls wrist

No men, no clients, no sex and no trafficking after 22 days does not equal sex trafficking. I've already gone over the odds of a 34 year old mother of two active in the community being the target of sex traffickers being incredibly low to non existent. I haven't heard or seen anything from LEO that shows they believe the motive was sex trafficking. There is just no real evidence of that at all, zero!

IMO, Garcia assisted, but I don't know that he was the hired by the family, based on this article. I would also think that if it was just a media source requesting info and none was given, there'd be nothing to report. Not disputing anything else, just wanted to clarify.

Cody Salfen, a private investigator based in Campbell, was hired by Papini’s family about one week after she disappeared. Salfen employed two retired FBI agents and a retired police detective to help analyze “all the evidence” in an effort to try and piece together what happened to Papini, and perhaps lead them to the missing woman.

http://www.mercurynews.com/2016/12/...estigator-helped-in-search-for-sherri-papini/

Thanks for re opening. Question. In one of JG's responses to the Record Searchlight article, she said that the only scam call(s) they received on their "ransom" phone were from the Rec.Srch....... also (previously, CG stated that they were not working with LE). So, my question is, IF there were any calls received on the "ransom phone" and LE was never informed of them, is that not obstructing justice? Reportedly,information was being given to PI Garcia, being KP's "A-team" investigator, in a parallel investigation to that of Bosenko......Garcia has subsequently publicly stated that he believes this to be a sex trafficking case......so, what information does HE have that has not been shared with Bosenko and the official investigators?????? JMO

I believe you are mistaking. If you Google "sex trafficking branding" the only results show pictures of tattoos. Which is not what happened in this case.

There are cases where the victims are actually branded, burned into their skin.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...kers-victims-branded-like-cattle-9763468.html

The victims have been “branded like cattle” - a practice commonly seen worldwide for women in the sex trade – to show that they were aged over 18, the National Crime Agency (NCA) said.

It said it had received information that people had been marked with numbers but their meaning was not yet known. “Put very simply, you brand cattle. And that's how traffickers view people, as a commodity to buy and sell," s

I'm a bit baffled by the fixation on sex trafficking. It seems the LEO aren't taking it seriously. Maybe they haven't ruled it out, but they haven't ruled out anything... There have not been any reports of sexual assault. Most experts say this isn't a typical sexual trafficking case. Why the push to make this sexual trafficking with zero evidence?
I agree. I just can't picture a grown woman getting picked up on a country road for ST. I tend to think run-a-way or homeless teen in a big city.
I can't imagine a person paying for a 34 yr old woman that isn't interested. (there's tons of them out there to get or they'll give it to you free)
If they picked her up thinking she was a teen, I can't see why they would have held and beat on her for three weeks. If they were going to let her go after a mistake, seems like it would have been immediately.
JMO

Source? Tattooing does not = branding.

From all I've read, yes a tat can be a brand. However, none of us know what kind of branding SP received. Could have been an actual brand, burn, tat, etc.

You are correct. She was branded, not tattooed. And that is what many traffickers do to their victims.

Did you actually read the article you just linked? They are calling tattooing a type of branding. In other words, it's tattooing. Not what happened here. So you are actually proving the point of the person in which you have a disagreement...

There was no tattooing in this case. Another reason to doubt sex trafficking (beside the fact there is zero evidence).

There are cases where the victims are actually branded, burned into their skin.

I'm sure it has happened at some time, but do you have a link for it anyway? Because I can't find any source for that information.

It's hard to know at this point. Sex traffickers often tattoo their victims with a logo of theirs, often called a "brand". So what is called branding in sex trafficking is in the form of tattooing your "brand" onto a human victim, using needles. As far as I know it is not common for sex traffickers to brand with something hot in order to burn the skin of a victim, the way cattle are "branded" (sorry so graphic).
Spokespeople for the Papinis have said Sherri was "branded". If they mean she was burned, then it is something different from what sex traffickers ordinarily engage in. If they mean she was tattooed with someone else's logo, name, or identifying mark, then they are describing the exact sort of "branding" sex traffickers sometimes employ.
I think it is not useful to speculate about whether this particular injury implies sex trafficking unless or until we get a more detailed description of the injury they were referring to when they said she was "branded".
That's my understanding of the situation. I hope that helped make it clearer?

It just seems to me that the way the abductors tried to dehumanize and break her down is also what is done in the sex trafficking industry in order to gain compliance. Another thing that I find interesting is that when the VI was asked if SP was drugged, she was unable to comment on that. When asked if there were any other people involved, I believe the VI's response was also that she was unable to comment. These responses tell me that she was probably drugged and there were probably others, such as men involved, and both of these clues point to sex trafficking as well. Sorry but I don't have the link to these references.

From all I've read, yes a tat can be a brand. However, none of us know what kind of branding SP received. Could have been an actual brand, burn, tat, etc.

But SP wasn't tattooed. So you are comparing apples and oranges to try and link this case to sex trafficking.

No men, no clients, no sex and no trafficking after 22 days does not equal sex trafficking. I've already gone over the odds of a 34 year old mother of two active in the community being the target of sex traffickers being incredibly low to non existent. I haven't heard or seen anything from LEO that shows they believe the motive was sex trafficking. There is just no real evidence of that at all, zero!

WE do not know if there were any men involved.

And it often takes awhile for the girls to be broken down before they are out to work. This case was unusual for sure. And she may not have been taken by traffickers. But it is on the list of possibilities.

The PI thinks it was ST, our Verified Insider thinks it might have been, and the sheriff has not ruled it out. Sounds like it should be up for discussion.

If it is not something you want to discuss, scroll and roll. :wink:

It seems that her captors we very careful about hiding their faces or covering her face so she could not identify them
It feels as if their intention always was to set her free
JMO

If they picked her up thinking she was a teen, I can't see why they would have held and beat on her for three weeks. If they were going to let her go after a mistake, seems like it would have been immediately.
JMO

Just to clarify something. The issue with her being 34 years old is not her age per se. As many have noted, she looks rather young, at least in the pictures I've seen. The issue is that 34 year old women typically have people with whom they interact regularly, people who will immediately miss them, look for them, pressure the police to find them, put up flyers, go on TV, etc.

Sex traffickers are not stupid, they do that for a living, and they know what type of girl can be snatched with relatively few issues. Married women with children are definitely outside of their target group.

It is extremely unlikely this was sex trafficking.

But SP wasn't tattooed. So you are comparing apples and oranges to try and link this case to sex trafficking.

ST victims are often BRANDED, not just tattooed:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...kers-victims-branded-like-cattle-9763468.html

The victims have been “branded like cattle” - a practice commonly seen worldwide for women in the sex trade – to show that they were aged over 18, the National Crime Agency (NCA) said.

It said it had received information that people had been marked with numbers but their meaning was not yet known. “Put very simply, you brand cattle. And that's how traffickers view people, as a commodity to buy and sell," s

No, I am pointing out the differences in types of branding and how the words can be interchangeable. And to be clear, I have about zero percent conviction she was taken for sex trafficking.

Serial killer profiler John Kelly tells PEOPLE he isn’t convinced that two armed Hispanic women abducted California mom Sherri Papini for 22 days, as she has told police.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ya...i-papini-lucky-alive-abduction-180024166.html

However Kelly, the founder and president of S.T.A.L.K. Inc., is convinced the case “has serial rapist, serial killer all over it.” He says whomever abducted Papini left her “scared to death of these people,” who may have terrified Papini into lying about her abductor’s identity.

It seems that her captors we very careful about hiding their faces or covering her face so she could not identify them
It feels as if their intention always was to set her free
JMO

I've said the same thing several times. No reason at all to conceal their faces if they were going to kill her. No reason to brand her with a message, if they were going to kill her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966