Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, the trafficker arrested not far from me was living in a nice residential area of single family homes. The type of abuse she sustained is too consistent with trafficking to be ignored. As for not reporting any sexual assault, I would hope that is the ONE thing that would not be disclosed until deemed necessary for prosecution. IIRC, it was KP that told of the branding (later confirmed by LE) when there was heightened speculation that this was anything other than an abduction. If it were up to LE, we wouldn't know any of the details of the gruesome captivity. Additionally, trafficking involves rape and many victims do not come forward, for obvious reasons, only understating the number of cases reported. With SP's case, the public doesn't need to know whether or not she was sexually assaulted. But the lack of disclosure does not imply the lack of existence. JMO

No one is 'pushing' it. I am 'discussing' it because she was branded, chained and held hostage for 3 weeks, and not killed. That fits the description of what traffickers do to their prey.

She might not have been taken by traffickers, but she was treated in a similar fashion.

And I am focused on it specifically because yesterday I found out how easy it is for someone to run across a 'boss' and a pimp, without even realizing the danger. :eek:

I have no doubt that horrific things occurred; and feel horrible about what SP had to endure. i will say there are lots of rumblings about the couple here in Redding, and from what I have heard, it's led me to believe that their focus is on not having a cat out of the bag, rather than finding justice fo SP.

You're free to believe what you want. There is nothing more that KP, SP and family would like then for the perpetrators to be caught. There is no cat to let out of the bag.

I'm a bit baffled by the fixation on sex trafficking. It seems the LEO aren't taking it seriously. Maybe they haven't ruled it out, but they haven't ruled out anything... There have not been any reports of sexual assault. Most experts say this isn't a typical sexual trafficking case. Why the push to make this sexual trafficking with zero evidence?

It seemed to me like the sex trafficking theory gained steam after the branding revelation and the statements by PI Garcia.

It's not impossible to me that sex trafficking was the motive, but highly improbable for reasons already posted by other members. I think the branding could be a red herring, but it's hard to say with no information as to the nature of it.

IMO, Sherri was not a random victim or a victim of opportunity. I think she was pre-chosen/targeted; something personal. But, I'm still open to all theories and speculation.

WE do not know if there were any men involved.

And it often takes awhile for the girls to be broken down before they are out to work. This case was unusual for sure. And she may not have been taken by traffickers. But it is on the list of possibilities.

The PI thinks it was ST, our Verified Insider thinks it might have been, and the sheriff has not ruled it out. Sounds like it should be up for discussion.

If it is not something you want to discuss, scroll and roll. :wink:

I would say KaaBoom IS discussing it. S/he is discussing the fact that s/he thinks it is highly unlikely. And saying why. There are really three sides--those who argue that it very well could be sex trafficking, those who argue that it is highly unlikely, and me--I say that there is really no information upon which to base a decision and so I am going to walk the dog.

:seeya::seeya::seeya:

Just to clarify something. The issue with her being 34 years old is not her age per se. As many have noted, she looks rather young, at least in the pictures I've seen. The issue is that 34 year old women typically have people with whom they interact regularly, people who will immediately miss them, look for them, pressure the police to find them, put up flyers, go on TV, etc.

Sex traffickers are not stupid, they do that for a living, and they know what type of girl can be snatched with relatively few issues. Married women with children are definitely outside of their target group.

It is extremely unlikely this was sex trafficking.
I'm agreeing with you. Even a teenager from a stable home, goes missing, people start looking, calling 911, stirring up a stink. That is why I generally think it is the runaway/homeless type to get picked up. No one knows they are missing from this life, only from their old life.

And just to add, I think she is a tiny female, but she does not look like a young teen to me. JMO

And it often takes awhile for the girls to be broken down before they are out to work. This case was unusual for sure. And she may not have been taken by traffickers. But it is on the list of possibilities.

The PI thinks it was ST, our Verified Insider thinks it might have been, and the sheriff has not ruled it out. Sounds like it should be up for discussion.

Yes, it seems the victim's family, close friends, and people paid by the family think this was sex trafficking. Still waiting for any evidence of that, since to date there is zero.

And as I noted, apparently the Sherif has not ruled anything out in this crazy case. I suppose it could have been a gang of Russian circus performers, since the Sheriff has not ruled that out, either, and there is the same amount of evidence to support that claim, as well. :)

Did you actually read the article you just linked? They are calling tattooing a type of branding. In other words, it's tattooing. Not what happened here. So you are actually proving the point of the person in which you have a disagreement...

There was no tattooing in this case. Another reason to doubt sex trafficking (beside the fact there is zero evidence).

I just linked cases of true branding. it does happen.

No, I am pointing out the differences in types of branding and how the words can be interchangeable. And to be clear, I have about zero percent conviction she was taken for sex trafficking.

Ok, so why do you think she was taken?

It seems that her captors we very careful about hiding their faces or covering her face so she could not identify them
It feels as if their intention always was to set her free
JMO

YES. And it very well could BE that the "branding" was done as a ruse.....to make people THINK that the motive for this was sex trafficking. I'm confident that Sherri knows what the motive for this was, whether she has shared that with LE or not. If she has chosen not to share all information with LE, that is her prerogative, but the community can hardly be angry with LE, if LE is not equipped with all pertinent information regarding this case!!! JMO

Ibiz posted this on the last thread (post #1013):

"That's what I wondered. Where was she dropped off at? KP said she first ran to a house, and then a junk yard before going to the freeway?"

LE said early on that she ran to a church, then flagged down someone on the roadway. KP said on the 20/20 interview that SP ran to an uninviting house, then a building, then the roadway. Now there's a junkyard thrown in?

How is anyone supposed to make sense of this? We don't know the facts because the facts change when the wind blows. I wonder if LE has been met with the same confusion?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My understanding is that Sheriff Bosenko said that SP walked to a nearby church and then went to the highway.
(I provided quote and source in an earlier post on T17)

In the 20/20 program on 12/2 KP only refers to "buildings" he is not specific as to where SP went.

IMO
Maybe KP is only saying "buildings" because the church's surveillance showed no one there, a reporter interviewed a representative of the church and that is what he said and they also showed the surveillance clip so maybe SP was wrong or the sheriff was wrong, or she went to a side of the church without the cameras? Someone is wrong or the reporting is wrong???

Or at least not to kill her. Which means they may have been planning on selling her to others, possibly sex traffickers.

It seems that her captors we very careful about hiding their faces or covering her face so she could not identify them
It feels as if their intention always was to set her free
JMO

I agree it should be discussed, but don't compare apples and oranges to try and make the connection. At least find similar cases of sex traffic victims that went through the same thing that happened to SP. Especially to a 34 year old victim.

Just noting that none of the sex trafficking VICTIMS are "interested". It is FORCED prostitution. There is a HUGE difference.

I agree. I just can't picture a grown woman getting picked up on a country road for ST. I tend to think run-a-way or homeless teen in a big city.
I can't imagine a person paying for a 34 yr old woman that isn't interested. (there's tons of them out there to get or they'll give it to you free)
If they picked her up thinking she was a teen, I can't see why they would have held and beat on her for three weeks. If they were going to let her go after a mistake, seems like it would have been immediately.
JMO

I agree. I just can't picture a grown woman getting picked up on a country road for ST. I tend to think run-a-way or homeless teen in a big city.
I can't imagine a person paying for a 34 yr old woman that isn't interested. (there's tons of them out there to get or they'll give it to you free)
If they picked her up thinking she was a teen, I can't see why they would have held and beat on her for three weeks. If they were going to let her go after a mistake, seems like it would have been immediately.
JMO

One would think so, but meth freaks who traffic women and carry guns and chains are not logical or rational types.

Once they made their 'mistake' they had to figure out the next step. Just letting her go immediately is a big risk. So they probably tried to find a way to still sell her to someone, somewhere. That took awhile. It apparently didn't work.

They probably considered killing her, a few times at least. At some point, ONE of the women decided to take her for a ride and set her free. It might have been an impulsive decision.

Yes, it seems the victim's family, close friends, and people paid by the family think this was sex trafficking. Still waiting for any evidence of that, since to date there is zero.

And as I noted, apparently the Sherif has not ruled anything out in this crazy case. I suppose it could have been a gang of Russian circus performers, since the Sheriff has not ruled that out, either, and there is the same amount of evidence to support that claim, as well. :)

Perhaps there is evidence that points to sex trafficking and that information, for whatever reason, is not being publicized. Maybe that is why the victim's family and friends have suggested sex trafficking.

Just noting that none of the sex trafficking VICTIMS are "interested". It is FORCED prostitution. There is a HUGE difference.

ABSOLUTELY. It really saddens me how people don't see it as forced or as kidnapping victims and hostages. Some people write these girls off as throwaways without understanding the true circumstances which surrounded them at the time. :sigh:

Here is the link:

http://riversidecountynewssource.or...king-ring-uncovers-20-victims-many-juveniles/

In the link above, it says:
The criminal complaint charged Gunn with the sex trafficking of a child by force, fear, fraud or coercion.

So he FORCED a 16 yr old girl, to stay in a cheap motel, and have sex with multiple strangers. That is the same thing as kidnapping, in my opinion. She did not set out to live in that room and be branded by him, which she was, and be threatened and stolen from and essentially raped.

So I have no problem saying she was kidnapped by him. She was a HOSTAGE. He branded the girls with his name on their faces or their necks:

Many of Gunn’s victims “branded” with his moniker

Gunn, who goes by the street name, “Classified,” allegedly branded many of his prostitutes, including the 16-year-old girl with tattoos of his moniker. Many had his moniker tattooed over their right eyes or on their upper bodies. Gunn did this to permanently mark the sex workers he forced into prostitution.

According to officials, this type of tattooing, commonly referred to as “branding,” is commonly used by sex traffickers to not only dehumanize their victims, but to also permanently mark them as the personal property of the human trafficker.

I am NOT trying to say this is what happened to SP. I don't know what happened to her for certain. I now she was abducted but not the who/what/why's of it all yet.

The reason that I used nine exclamation marks was not because of SP. It was because my daughter was alone, at night, walking her dog, alongside this 'neighbor', that had 20 women locked in cheap motel rooms, being held hostage.

I'm curious about the link in the post about the sex trafficking arrest. The URL is riversidecountynewssource.org, and the linked story has ties to Riverside county. But why does a website covering Riverside County also have another title bar right below that says "Shasta County News Source"? Why does one website cover news in two counties that are over 500 miles apart?

You may not have an answer for that but can you explain how you discovered the article? Were you trying to find out more about the man arrested at your daughter's apartment complex and coincidentally found an article with ties to Shasta County? Or were you researching SP on "Shasta County News Source" and coincidentally found an article about the man arrested at your daughters apartment complex?

Perhaps there is evidence that points to sex trafficking and that information, for whatever reason, is not being publicized. Maybe that is why the victim's family and friends have suggested sex trafficking.

That is absolutely possible
I only hope these people don't try again
They are still out there and nobody knows who they are

I think whoever disappeared SP opened a big can of worms that they did not intend to open. Whatever their reasons were, it doesn't appear they were going to ask for a ransom, or kill her. So when the media got so intense, they decided to let her go and possibly threatened her or her family if she told what really happened and possibly even told her what to say or who to blame.
A lot of times people will say it's only pretty, white victims that get media attention, but I always tend to think it's the ones that have these out-there, hard to understand, sometimes unbelievable stories that get the attention, cause people want to get to the bottom of it. It's just our nosy nature.
JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member