Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ibiz posted this on the last thread (post #1013):

"That's what I wondered. Where was she dropped off at? KP said she first ran to a house, and then a junk yard before going to the freeway?"

LE said early on that she ran to a church, then flagged down someone on the roadway. KP said on the 20/20 interview that SP ran to an uninviting house, then a building, then the roadway. Now there's a junkyard thrown in?

How is anyone supposed to make sense of this? We don't know the facts because the facts change when the wind blows. I wonder if LE has been met with the same confusion?

How are those conflicting statements? A church is a building. Maybe KP was less specific because he wasn't sure if he could mention the church? After the way LE chided him for releasing the branding detail I would not be surprised if he was trying to be more vague with his wording. And the way I understood the junkyard comment was not that it was an actual junkyard but that there was a yard near the house with a lot of junk piled up around it and it looked scary in the dark. These are not changing facts but additions to what we knew of the story prior to the 20/20 interview. There are probably even more details we still don't know. JMO.

You apparently believe that the perpetrators knew her age or other details about her life. I don't believe they did. I have actually seen Sherri in real life. She looks very young. As I stated before if I was serving her alcohol I would request her i.d. to verify she was of legal age (21 here in California).

This response tells me that Sherri was not specifically targeted. I feel that if she were specifically targeted, the perps would know more about her.

I agree it should be discussed, but don't compare apples and oranges to try and make the connection. At least find similar cases of sex traffic victims that went through the same thing that happened to SP. Especially to a 34 year old victim.

They did not know she was 34. So it is not really apples and oranges.

I already posted MANY examples in previous threads, of girls who were taken. One from her driveway, one from a fake job interview, one at a sleep over at her friends house, where the father was actually a trafficker. These girls were KIDNAPPED.

We often hear of women who are missing, and just vanished. Never to be seen again. How do we know they were not trafficking victims?

Snipped for focus... since I've missed a couple of threads, can someone just fill me in on whether the link for this official report is in one of the threads, or is the link even off limits at this point?

Didn't see a reply to you Redux. The link is allowed as the reports are available on the Shasta Cty Sheriff site. http://www.co.shasta.ca.us/index/sheriff_index/daily_logs.aspx

Afaik Screenshots taken from the report are not allowed unless personal info (ie phone #'s) have been redacted.

Here is the relevant log, the report is on page 3 http://www.co.shasta.ca.us/docs/Sheriff/daily-logs/11-03-2016.pdf?sfvrsn=2

You keep using hindsight that the perpetrators may not have possessed. There is no evidence I'm aware of that they knew SP's age, marital status, family status, or had any idea of the social media, national media and even international media firestorm they started by abducting Sherri and the amount of money that would be put up by family and the AD to get her returned. And by the way, it is very common for sex trafficking victims to be beaten for weeks, often drugged, and tattooed or in extreme cases branded, as well as their hair cut to either humiliate or disguise their identity from the research I've done.
So the plan was to abduct a married woman with family and friends, watch as publicity about her abduction builds, beat her and brand her, incur costs to guard her, risk exposure and significant jail time, then, after three weeks of this, find someone willing to buy a battered woman whose face in all over the TV to use in their sex trafficking business?

If that was their business model, we can at least take solace in the fact they will not be in business very long.

Is it possible that the 2 abductors were in a hurry and didn't have time for a sit down interview to determine SP's age, relationship status, family/friend dynamics, etc.?

So the plan was to abduct a married woman with family and friends, watch as publicity about her abduction builds, beat her and brand her, incur costs to guard her, risk exposure and significant jail time, then, after three weeks of this, find someone willing to buy a battered woman whose face in all over the TV to use in their sex trafficking business?

If that was their business model, we can at least take solace in the fact they will not be in business very long.

You apparently believe that the perpetrators knew her age or other details about her life. I don't believe they did. I have actually seen Sherri in real life. She looks very young. As I stated before if I was serving her alcohol I would request her i.d. to verify she was of legal age (21 here in California).

Actually I'm saying the opposite. It's not about age per se, it's about dramatically reducing complications that will arise from abducting someone, regardless of age. Traffickers go after vulnerable girls/women who they can easily frighten into submission. Who typically won't have many people looking for them. Prostitutes, drug users, runaways, orphans, immigrants....

I don't know SP, but she doesn't strike me as a passive wall flower that would just accept her fate. I don't know her husband but he seems like someone who would fight to get his wife back.

Sex traffickers do not need the trouble associated with people like this. They would never have a profitable business if they regularly snatched married women with kids. Too much trouble, too little return. Which is why they don't do it.

There hasn't been a dismissal of women who are used in trafficking that I've noticed. Most, if not all, of the Long Island Serial Killer(s) victims were prostitutes. WS has joined forces with the new A&E doc series to better understand what happened to the victims. There are numerous threads dedicated to the LISK victims on WS.

In this particular thread, some may be dismissing the objective of the kidnapping of SP as being related to sex trafficking. However, none of us are belittling the victims of the lucrative sex trade. I may be one of the few who believes that prostitution should be legalized. Women should not have to stand on a street corner to earn a decent living.

I have seen some dismissive posts....maybe it's just me..

It seems that her captors we very careful about hiding their faces or covering her face so she could not identify them
It feels as if their intention always was to set her free
JMO

Or perhaps to sell her to someone else? She would never be able to ID who sold her if they kept their faces covered. But maybe that plan didn't work out for them.

<modsnip>

I think we all have private opinions on this case.
With so little news and with all of the bad reporting, there is not much to go on
Mostly opinions, all pretty good ones that could all fit.

I expect this is all going to go quiet fairly soon as nothing new is being reported, as is usually the case. Nothing to talk about
I expect we will never know the story
Sheriff has said there will be no more PCs unless there is new evidence

Do you have an MSM link for this?

Sherri Papini Sex-Trafficking Evidence Almost as Flimsy as PizzaGate Proof

The Pizzagate reference is sheer clickbait, but the thrust of this post casts a whole of skepticism on the entire sex trafficking angle. Here's a snip:
Police later confirmed that Sherri did have something burnt into her skin, specifying only that it was not a "symbol" but a "message." But even accepting the premise that sex-traffickers frequently "brand" their victims—a common claim also utterly lacking in evidence—Papini's burns could just as easily have been an act of torture or a way to relay a message to Papini, police, or the public. And the latter explanations certainly make more sense than the former when taken with the facts that nothing else about the abduction belied an intent to force Papini into commercial sex and, in fact, Papini's assailants eventually just let her go, according to what she told police.​

The family has paid for two different PI's to work the case. Others, like Garcia, volunteered pro bono.
Lake, I posted a link stating that Salfen was hired as a PI for the family. Do you know if Garcia was actually paid for services by the family or was his work pro bono?

Actually I'm saying the opposite. It's not about age per se, it's about dramatically reducing complications that will arise from abducting someone, regardless of age. Traffickers go after vulnerable girls/women who they can easily frighten into submission. Who typically won't have many people looking for them. Prostitutes, drug users, runaways, orphans, immigrants....

I don't know SP, but she doesn't strike me as a passive wall flower that would just accept her fate. I don't know her husband but he seems like someone who would fight to get his wife back.

Sex traffickers do not need the trouble associated with people like this. They would never have a profitable business if they regularly snatched married women with kids. Too much trouble, too little return. Which is why they don't do it.

But you are talking about EXPERIENCED, intelligent traffickers. Do we know if the perps who took her had that knowledge or experience?

Maybe two women, who were hired hands, were doing an errand for their boss. And they did some meth, smoked a blunt, and were complaining how they worked for him and didn't make the same kind of money he did. So they drive past a pretty, petite blonde, all alone on the side of the road. BINGO---they see their opportunity.

They did not know any of what you described. They were dumb, high, inexperienced, but had a gun and some chains.

Now what? They try and sell her but their boss says NO WAY---for all the reasons you just described. Because of what you listed as the problems, they could not sell her to anyone.

They held on to her for awhile, trying to find a buyer. Angry, they took it out on her. Maybe they invited potential buyers over and they also abused and beat her,

At some point, they had to decide if she was going to live or die...

Is it possible that the 2 abductors were in a hurry and didn't have time for a sit down interview to determine SP's age, relationship status, family/friend dynamics, etc.?

:giggle:

Sorry, should've been OP for original poster, I've edited.

Do you mean the poster who brought the link to the blog that is off limits? If so they did come back and post when the same question was asked a few threads back.

How would they know she was a married woman with kids and friends and supportive family?

Do you really think sex traffickers are stupid? Do you think they just snatch random women off the street without any forethought? That is not a successful business model. Sex traffickers who did this would not be in business for long.

I have seen some dismissive posts....maybe it's just me..

I don't think some people are dismissing the reality of sex trafficking, but instead, as a motive in this particular case.

Especially, for me, I don't think it's helpful to sow moral panic that there are organized, successful gangs roaming our streets snatching random women, and therefore no one is safe. It's bad enough we have to deal with our anxieties about the occasional deeply disturbed individual, but to make out that everyone is now at risk from growing organized gangs in our midst comes across to me as a sort of fear-mongering that is potentially quite destructive to women's sense of safety and community.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper