Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was also reported that KP said SP was chased away from the junk yard by a dog. That's when she headed to the freeway.

Yes I heard that too, I am looking for the sources, do you have one for that?

Lake, I'm wondering something. Is there still a reward being offered for any info that leads to the arrest of the perps? If so, why isn't that being publicized more currently?

Most abucted women are for personal usage. Jmo.

Also sex trafficking victims are stashed away with other victims.

So this seems like a isolated torture abduction for fun or vengeance sake.

Now if your daughter is kidnapped; you will probably assume a sicko did it and not a organization.

So why is this case different.

Because even though it was 2 women that let her go. Wouldn't she still have been raped atleast once within the 22 days if this was to set her up to prepare to be trafficked?

YES. Some are very stupid. Others, not so much.

But there are plenty of 'wannabe' types of criminals who try to do things they are too stupid/inexperienced/high to be able to do.

Agreed. Copycats, and wannabes that don't know what they're doing.

Presumably, after 3 weeks, Sherri knows what the MOTIVE for this was. If she has fully informed LE of all details of her abduction, captivity, abuse, travel and all players that she came in contact with, then this is investigable.... Maybe DNA is not yet back from the lab...but if all LE has to go on is a couple of Hispanic women, this will never get solved. JMO
I hope she remembered enough details to help LE track these people down. But I'm not sure about motive. If she did not know the motive during her captivity, why should we assume she knows it now?

And as I said, if that is correct, we shouldn't worry about this inept gang being in the business of sex trafficking for too much longer, because they are incompetent fools.

They can't be too stupid or inexperienced because they were able to abduct SP in broad daylight and keep her prisoner for 22 days all without revealing their faces or the make, model or color of the vehicle they used. They have also alluded capture for 2 weeks after a kidnapping that is being covered by hundreds of news sources all over the world. That doesn't sound like incompetent kidnappers IMO.

How do you know that? I don't think any of that info has been released.

Besides, my theory is that the MOTIVE for her abduction was sex trafficking. Just because it may not have worked out that way in the end, does not change the original intent.

I agree.

I thought it was obvious that I meant at the time of her abduction. Apparently it wasn't, I should have been clearer. I very much believe that they learned those things during her captivity due to all the media attention, posters, etc. Also KP stated in his interview how SP cradled and rocked a piece of cloth while envisioning she was holding her 2 year old daughter; they likely were aware of that.
I would think that by the time three weeks of beatings was over, they probably DID know those details, and much more.

If they didn't coerce those things from her, if she was smart she would have volunteered some of that info. You're supposed to attempt to humanize yourself to a captor, so they don't look at you so much as an object.

So over time, it would have been smart for her to give them her name, her age, the fact that she is a mother, etc. It's part of staying alive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Presumably, after 3 weeks, Sherri knows what the MOTIVE for this was. If she has fully informed LE of all details of her abduction, captivity, abuse, travel and all players that she came in contact with, then this is investigable.... Maybe DNA is not yet back from the lab...but if all LE has to go on is a couple of Hispanic women, this will never get solved. JMO

She may or may not know the motive for what happened to her. But, she knows what didn't happen to her, which would rule out some common motives for women getting abducted in random crimes of opportunity.

How do you know that? I don't think any of that info has been released.

Besides, my theory is that the MOTIVE for her abduction was sex trafficking. Just because it may not have worked out that way in the end, does not change the original intent.

Idk. Sex traffickers are organized with all types of folks in the realm.

So I truly never heard of rookie sex traffickers that let their victims go to possibly get caught later? Jmo

Agreed. Copycats, and wannabes that don't know what they're doing.

But wouldn't a wanna be ST need to be apart of a ring/organization?
I mean, there is no yellow page listing, you need contacts

I hope she remembered enough details to help LE track these people down. But I'm not sure about motive. If she did not know the motive during her captivity, why should we assume she knows it now?

I'm willing to bet that SP knows the motive.

The bottom line is that sex trafficking requires "sex" and "trafficking," of which there was none in this case.

How do you know this? LE said they are keeping sensitive information private. When Sheriff Bosenko was asked if there were other people involved during her capture, he said he wasn't going to comment on that. When he was asked if she was sexually assaulted he answered the same way. He did NOT say, "no."

You/we don't know if they have evidence of this. If Sherri was sexually assaulted- that information is kept private if they victim doesn't want it disclosed.

Lake, I posted a link stating that Salfen was hired as a PI for the family. Do you know if Garcia was actually paid for services by the family or was his work pro bono?

So Salfen was the PI hired by family and Garcia was the one that donated his services? We have heard Garcias thoughts. Has anyone heard what Salfen thinks ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We don't know that for sure. Do we??

Do we know that she wasn't abducted by aliens and taken to another planet for three weeks? No, but that hasn't been reported. If it hasn't been reported, it's best to assume that it didn't happen. Otherwise you could assume anything happened.

But wouldn't a wanna be ST need to be apart of a ring/organization?
I mean, there is no yellow page listing, you need contacts

No. There have been arrests, where the traffickers/pimps are just two people.

The John's get away with it many of the times.

They can't be too stupid or inexperienced because they were able to abduct SP in broad daylight and keep her prisoner for 22 days all without revealing their faces or the make, model or color of the vehicle they used. They have also alluded capture for 2 weeks after a kidnapping that is being covered by hundreds of news sources all over the world. That doesn't sound like incompetent kidnappers IMO.

You are right, they were unfortunately very good at what they did. But what benefit did they get from it, to be worth taking this huge risk of being caught?

I hope, as we discuss this, leads are successfully being tracked down and a noose is tightening.

I have a question for Lake, does Sherri know any Spanish? My guess is probably not enough to understand conversation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper