Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lake: is the brand in a location where Sherri can read it? TIA

I just heard an interesting theory from a couple from outside of Susanville, which is about an hour and a half from Redding. [ But they both grew up in Redding and have lots of family there, and go there weekly.]

I was sitting at Starbucks, with WS on my computer, and the couple next to me saw SP's smiling face on the screen. They were surprised that someone in Los Angeles would be looking at this case. lol

I asked them what the locals thought, and they said there were two 'camps' within their friends and family. Most thought it was an abduction, possibly by gang members, or ST related. But there are some that are still skeptical apparently.

But this couple told me their theory, which a few of their family members share with them:

Susanville has a Maximum Security Prison. Lots of level 4 Sex Offenders. Many of them have been released into the Redding area in the past few years. That is one of the reasons for the recent surge in the crime rate and drug rate. It has caused some tension among the residents.

The theory that was told to me was that the 2 Latinas were a mother/daughter duo. They kidnapped SP as a 'gift' for the husband/father, a recent parolee, who was home bound with an ankle monitor, and wanted some fun. Eventually the daughter felt badly about it, and let SP go.

I thought it was a pretty interesting local theory. :thinking:

I'm wondering why the Sheriff believes the branding was a message and our verified poster doesn't. What was the purpose of branding if not a message, as if was to show ownership, then LE would know what group was associated.

I believe that the abductors believed a perceived wrong. Whether that is factual or not, they felt wronged, or wanted revenge or send a message to either SP or KP or someone close to them. Now the abductors perception could be totally flawed and SP nor KP did anything. Maybe a blond, long haired, white woman was having an affair with one of hte abductors spouse or significant other, and they mistook SP for being that person. Maybe only after beating her, trying to get her to confess, they realized eithere they had the wrong person, or felt they had the right person, and their point had been made. I don't know. It just doesn't seem that it was a random abduction, kidnapping, assault over 3 weeks, etc.

Does anyone remember how long it was before AH in NH was able to give the real story about her kidnapping and captivity? I know she was initally very afraid to give an accurate description, even though she knew his name. She was terrified! She had been brutally abused for 9 months! Kept in complete isolation. And was much younger than SP is.

I wouldn't fault SP at all if we later hear a different description of her captors! I don't know how you take the next breath without worrying about them finding you again!
BBM

I didn't read a post in which Lake16 disputed this. Maybe I missed it?

S/he did say, "Based upon my knowledge, no, she was not abducted out of revenge or to send a message to anyone."
- But that was about the abduction, rather than the branding.
source: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ng-2-November-2016-18&p=12993904#post12993904

I just heard an interesting theory from a couple from outside of Susanville, which is about an hour and a half from Redding. [ But they both grew up in Redding and have lots of family there, and go there weekly.]

I was sitting at Starbucks, with WS on my computer, and the couple next to me saw SP's smiling face on the screen. They were surprised that someone in Los Angeles would be looking at this case. lol

I asked them what the locals thought, and they said there were two 'camps' within their friends and family. Most thought it was an abduction, possibly by gang members, or ST related. But there are some that are still skeptical apparently.

But this couple told me their theory, which a few of their family members share with them:

Susanville has a Maximum Security Prison. Lots of level 4 Sex Offenders. Many of them have been released into the Redding area in the past few years. That is one of the reasons for the recent surge in the crime rate and drug rate. It has caused some tension among the residents.

The theory that was told to me was that the 2 Latinas were a mother/daughter duo. They kidnapped SP as a 'gift' for the husband/father, a recent parolee, who was home bound with an ankle monitor, and wanted some fun. Eventually the daughter felt badly about it, and let SP go.

It is.. Very interesting.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ng-2-November-2016-16&p=12984642#post12984642

Interesting......I'm curious what the locals are saying about the branding.

Great experience to talk to some people close to Redding. I wish I could do that.

In this theory, it sounds like the women had planned to keep her, but the younger one made the decision later on to let her go. So then why would they need masks if they planned to keep her? And does the torture and starving fit in with this scenario?

As fast as the thread moves, I may have missed a discussion about my next question. Looking for scenarios outside of the ST angle, I've often wondered about the relation to the very similar disappearance in Redding. I've read/watched in the media that a schoolmate of SP (Tera Smith) was abducted and killed while also jogging in Redding. Then, I saw a picture of the two in the video article Source: http://people.com/crime/sherri-papini-missing-tera-smith-1998-disappearance-redding/ and my heart skipped a beat as they also look like they could be sisters! Next, according the the lady being interviewed who spoke with the Sheriff in this case, the main suspect in the Tera Smith case (Troy Sink) IS a POI in this case! Is there anything to discuss from this angle?

Sometimes I think something big is going to blow any minute now and we'll all be amazed, but then I think about the Missy Bevers case and get discouraged. But then look at Teresa Sievers and Jessica Chambers!

In conclusion:
I can't even guess.

But yeah, I hope there's an update soon.

The huge difference is they can't speak

Great experience to talk to some people close to Redding. I wish I could do that.

In this theory, it sounds like the women had planned to keep her, but the younger one made the decision later on to let her go. So then why would they need masks if they planned to keep her? And does the torture and starving fit in with this scenario?

I asked them about the masks. They said that they didn't think they planned to keep her forever. Just for awhile for some fun. But didn't plan to kill her either. Just 'catch and release.'

It's possible that they planned on keeping her as his sex slave, but kept their identities from SP in case she escaped, she wouldn't be able to identify the perps. Perhaps the torturing and starving was a way to break her into submission?

Possibly the abductor has coerced her into altering the facts of the abduction.

The brand was healing up/scarred IIRC. I don't think they branded her just before they released her, making a"deal" prior JMO

As fast as the thread moves, I may have missed a discussion about my next question. Looking for scenarios outside of the ST angle, I've often wondered about the relation to the very similar disappearance in Redding. I've read/watched in the media that a schoolmate of SP (Tera Smith) was abducted and killed while also jogging in Redding. Then, I saw a picture of the two in the video article Source: http://people.com/crime/sherri-papini-missing-tera-smith-1998-disappearance-redding/ and my heart skipped a beat as they also look like they could be sisters! Next, according the the lady being interviewed who spoke with the Sheriff in this case, the main suspect in the Tera Smith case (Troy Sink) IS a POI in this case! Is there anything to discuss from this angle?

Can you provide a link or more information on what's bolded above?

I wish we could discuss him. But , from what I remember, we were told we could not sleuth him, as he has not been formally named as a POI.

I think we ned a Mainstream News link with a quote from LE.

It's possible that they planned on keeping her as his sex slave, but kept their identities from SP in case she escaped, she wouldn't be able to identify the perps. Perhaps the torturing and starving was a way to break her into submission?

It's a little too convoluted for me, but assuming for a moment that it's true, LE could get DNA from all recently released parolees and solve the case when a match was found.

A willing prostitute, or two, would have been a lot less trouble! I shudder to think what he might be getting for Christmas...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesspi