Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So its 7:23 pm and its my first chance today to checkout the thread. Already at the end of thread 18.. ugh. I have so many pages to read. I'm going to catch up before I post any opinions, but I say that everyday and everyday and I never catch up....oh well.

Everyday I hope ...today is the day... that we find out more... or that they caught the perps...

Thinking of SP & KP and their children and family. I hope they find peace.

But why would she need to lie? I doubt the captors gave her a stern warning not to reveal their identity. What possible leverage could they have? If they thought she could identify them, they would probably not have released her.

They have the leverage of FEAR. " If you say a word about who we are we will come kill your babies!"

I don't know that most underage girls are, at least at first. The coerced ones may be beaten later if they try to leave, try to change pimps, try to keep money for themselves etc.

I just think that this misconception about all trafficked girls being abducted, chained up, forcibly injected with drugs and beaten is part of what allows the trade to continue, and leads to victim blaming. Just because an underage girl with low self esteem or a learning disability is convinced by a smooth-talking romeo pimps to prostitute herself, it doesn't make her any less a victim. Just because she willingly takes drugs he gives her, and willingly has his brand tattooed onto her, it doesn't make her any less a victim. Just because she's not actually chained up in a basement somewhere and claims that she enjoys her lifestyle and doesn't want to leave, it doesn't mean she's not a victim. These underage girls are often groomed, rather than being physically forced.

From what I have read, it is about half and half. Half of the girls are groomed by 'smooth' pimps who start by being Prince Charming, and then slowly get the girls to be complaint and dependent. But the other half are called ' Gorilla Pimps'---and they are violent, forceful, cruel and treat them like hostages from the start.

Sure. But if the sheriff, or his detectives, had a hunch Sherri was withholding information or not being truthful, would they have gone public with the description?

I don't see why a hunch, whether they had one or not, would change anything with regard to going public with the description. You go with what you have. They have made it pretty clear that their official position is that they believe her story.

But why would she need to lie? I doubt the captors gave her a stern warning not to reveal their identity. What possible leverage could they have? If they thought she could identify them, they would probably not have released her.

They or he could just want an extra layer of insurance to make it even more difficult for LE to find them/him. They absolutely could have given a stern warning, and the leverage would be,

Now that we know everything about you and the ones you love after three weeks of torture, if you don't stick to script we will kill you or them.

Kudos and I mean huge kudos to all of you who have hung in here for the loooong haul. I'm still down in the rabbit hole. Yet I do poke my head out. Briefly :pullhair: I have wine and chocolate just so ya know.

I am very glad to see that you believe the AD and the negotiator might be one and the same. That is what I think, too.

My personal opinion is that Mr. Gamble was involved in the writing and distribution of the November 6 reverse ransom letter and that Ms. Jeter’s account of the Gamble timeline to the Record Searchlight for its December 8 story was in error, or misreported by the paper. It would be gratifying to know if anyone else agrees with this.

Overall, I think this “by 11/6” vs. “after 11/14” discrepancy is a major flaw in the A Team narrative about this case. Just a wild guess, but I am going to predict that Ms. Jeter will come forth in the next week or two and say either that she misremembered or that the reporter misreported.

Actually I took LJ's account to be true, which with knowing about the 11/6 letter it shows that CG tried to weasel his way in another way after the KRCR rejected him, which I don't think LJ knew about that. That's why there was the long gap between 11/6 and 11/17 as that's how long it took to reach KP and have him vouch for CG.

One thing that I think it might be was the AD was FIL and had CG from the get-go. I found LJ's explanation of the AD needing a non-family 'spokesperson' rather strange as a 'ransom negotiator' is way different than a spokesperson, but would be a way to get back at and outmaneuver SK who had publicly kicked FIL to the curb saying she was the 'spokesperson' for the family. If it was FIL, I don't think he ever would have been sitting around waiting to personally engage in a hostage negotiation and discretely meet abductors in person to pay a ransom as not only could he have been kidnapped by the abductors to get even more money out of him but other random criminals could come along and scam and kidnap him expressly to shake the money tree for all they can plus it would be on his hands if he said something wrong and they killed SP in response.

Message.

The sheriff stated the brand was not a symbol but a message.

Perhaps he means message in a way we are not understanding.

Strictly my own opinion here.

But until we receive any further updates or clues from LE I cannot see much else arising from the pieces of the puzzle already laid out for us to solve.

Even after many later threads on this subject, I still stand by own unstated theory per TOS and this point, possibly outside the scope of this website.

All I can say at this point is, I wish the Papinis well, and of course any help that Sherri seeks after this unfortunate ordeal.

If that is true, then why are most drugged and beaten to force compliance?

Trafficking and prostitution can be VERY complicated. Usually they aren't "drugged" against their will, but rather, they resort to prostitution to earn drugs. And they connect with pimps who will protect them from being killed by their "customers". A street prostitute who has no pimp, or has an inattentive pimp is likely to end up dead in an alley. It's a horrible life.

There are women who are easy pickings for trafficking, unlike Sherri Papini who would be nearly impossible to traffic. She's completely unwilling, people are looking for her, she doesn't have a drug habit to sustain, etc.

Just to clarify, no trafficking victim is "willing". It is forced and they are captive in a world they fear escaping. They are often drugged against their will during the "break in" or conditioning period as the goal is to get them submissive and dependent on the drugs. Aside from their fear and addition to the drugs, many rescued victims recant that it was the drugs that made the prostitution bearable. There is a HUGE difference in voluntary prostitution and trafficking (modern day slavery). JMO

That's assuming that DNA was available and if that DNA was of the parolee . If they have DNA that's not in their data base, that won't help identify the perps. unless they are in custody.

I'm a million miles behind (as usual) so this may have already been mentioned: IF they use the familial DNA technique that was also used in the case in Ohio where the baby rapist was caught, and IF this scenario is legit (mother/daughter) they'd be able to match the daughter's DNA to the parolee - assuming HIS DNA is actually on file. Loads of IFS in the scenario, but certainly stranger things have happened.

I know it sounds outrageous, but really, how often we all learn the details of certain cases does the whole thing sound almost unbelievably horrific? In my experience, it happens quite a bit.

Her "brand" was a message and the sheriff called the abduction "isolated" - both lead me to believe they knew her and planned to release her at some point. Her mother also made it sound as if she believed the captors knew SP:

"I believe that she was abducted, that someone knew her..." http://www.krcrtv.com/news/local/sh...-speaks-out-wants-her-daughter-back/157746092

JMO
Didn't the mom say that way before SP was released though? Things that were said before SP came home were all theoretical, at best.

https://www.wunderground.com/histor...reqdb.zip=96001&reqdb.magic=1&reqdb.wmo=99999

Nov 02, 2016 Redding,CA
Temperature
Mean Temperature 54 °F
Max Temperature 66 °F
Min Temperature 41 °F

Wind
Wind Speed 3 mph (NNW)
Max Wind Speed 8 mph
Max Gust Speed 10 mph

If she was driven two and a half hours after the abduction, it bears saying that Sacramento weather was almost the same that day as Redding experienced.

We have seen images of the clothing SP was wearing att as being pink and gray running apparel. Was she returned wearing the same clothing items? Was she allowed to maintain personal hygiene? Did the abductors provide her with soap, shampoo and toothpaste? Frankly, I would probably go completely mad if not allowed to shower, shampoo and brush my teeth for 3 weeks.

KP stated that seeing his wife in the hospital made him nauseated so I was wondering if SP had a foul odor about her from being held unkept for 22 days.
I think he was nauseated because he is an empathetic man who felt her pain and could barely stand the thought of someone hurting someone he loved. I 100% understand what he was going through.

I don't see why a hunch, whether they had one or not, would change anything with regard to going public with the description. You go with what you have. They have made it pretty clear that their official position is that they believe her story.
Exactly. They believe her story. Presumably what she's told them checks out insofar as it can be checked out. I guess if she's been honest about everything else, I see no reason to think she's misleading LE with her description of the abductors. Why not take it at face value?

Didn't the mom say that way before SP was released though? Things that were said before SP came home were all theoretical, at best.

I am not aware of her comments on the abduction itself since she SP was released ... something made her think that the abductors knew her daughter....heck, something made them all sure it was an abduction since jump street

I've been here since thread one and many many theories have gone through my head that I have either been able to disregard or have been discussed in length here. I'm at a loss.

We are very fortunate to have Lake here as a VI. I've noticed many of the questions are duplicative and center around the most common theories we are respectfully debating here.

I think we need to take a step back and almost start at the beeginning as it seems we are not getting any new information or ideas as to how to help this poor family and victim.

I challenge everyone tonight to think outside the box and propose ideas that are in line with the TOS to get everyone thinking again.

It's like when you lose your keys and once you stop looking, they pop up.

Who is on board ?!?

He said no at first. Then he had to be talked into participating. I see nothing to suggest he "jumped at" the chance to be involved.

He also lied in the tweet about his "project" a few years ago - he never actually finished the application. That only came out after the public scrutiny as a result of his involvement in this case.

So, large grains of salt for Mr. Cameron and pretty much anything he says about this case, or any other. No, I don't have a link, but it's been posted repeatedly.

To my knowledge it is a branding and some other burns. Not brandings. I find it interesting that the Sheriff considered KP revealing the branding as "compromising the investigation" but in the same breath expands on the branding revealing it is not a symbol, but a message.

Do we know if LE looked at SP's body? Is that how this Sheriff knows enough about it to make that determination? And does a crime victim HAVE to submit to a medical exam by LE (or even doctors, for that matter)? If she would rather people respect her privacy, is her right to privacy respected?

Agree. The sheriff should have mentioned that SP was marked up before KP mentioned it.

So this is why the sheriff seems to be hiding things.

Because he acted like it wasn't important to mention certain basic things while people were pondering if this was a possible hoax.

Then he waited until after KP to release this basic information

How much privacy is a patient/victim entitled, to, though? What if she didn't feel it was the Sheriff's business to give away personal details of her body to the public?

Lake: is the brand in a location where Sherri can read it? TIA
Based on a gesture the interviewer made in the 20/20 interview with KP, I concluded it was on her left forearm. I think she was burned all over though. Just guessing though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Double