Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we know if LE looked at SP's body? Is that how this Sheriff knows enough about it to make that determination? And does a crime victim HAVE to submit to a medical exam by LE (or even doctors, for that matter)? If she would rather people respect her privacy, is her right to privacy respected?
LE does not perform medical exams.

A crime victim has a right to refuse a medical exam. Obviously, SP did not refuse, and she permitted disclosure of her ER medical record (and photos as well, no doubt) to be shared with LE.

Some details, yes - perhaps. Again, I'm just theorizing. It may turn out to be exactly as she described. But when you look at how rare it is for women to abduct women at all, much less keep the woman for 3 weeks then return her, and the vague "dark SUV", the fact that the sheriff showed her surveillance video from the day of abduction and she couldn't identify a vehicle. Also, KP on Nov 10 said "two people" might have abducted her, so I thought maybe the actual abductor saw that and told SP to say that as a condition for freeing her. And maybe she's keeping her word out of fear.

To me it's no less likely than the ST angle.

What?? Never herd that before.

Do we know if LE looked at SP's body? Is that how this Sheriff knows enough about it to make that determination? And does a crime victim HAVE to submit to a medical exam by LE (or even doctors, for that matter)? If she would rather people respect her privacy, is her right to privacy respected?

I would think she would have had to agree to forensics collecting at the hospital, which would include photos and such (maybe a sexual assault kit too). Then that stuff would become evidence, no? Key is - she has to agree to it or they don't get anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trafficking and prostitution can be VERY complicated. Usually they aren't "drugged" against their will, but rather, they resort to prostitution to earn drugs. And they connect with pimps who will protect them from being killed by their "customers". A street prostitute who has no pimp, or has an inattentive pimp is likely to end up dead in an alley. It's a horrible life.

There are women who are easy pickings for trafficking, unlike Sherri Papini who would be nearly impossible to traffic. She's completely unwilling, people are looking for her, she doesn't have a drug habit to sustain, etc.

IOW, she would be an extremely high risk / liability to a trafficker. Unless they are getting stupid and desperate in Redding.

I would appreciate it greatly if someone here could reconcile the following two facts:

Fact 1: Lisa Jeter says that Cameron Gamble’s first involvement with the case began no earlier than November 14. Source:

http://www.vcstar.com/story/news/lo...n-local-hostage-negotiators-methods/95044410/

You have to home in on the phrase “six days later” in the 11th paragraph in the story.

Fact 2: The anonymous donor’s letter to the abductors, first sent November 6 to television station KRCR in Redding, and first revealed publicly in news stories on November 17, mentions the anonymous donor’s “negotiator,” presumably Mr. Gamble, numerous times.

Source for text of the letter:

https://kobi5.com/news/regional-news/50000-ransom-offered-for-missing-n-california-woman-40414/

Source for KRCR’s assertion that they received “this letter” on November 6:

http://www.krcrtv.com/news/local/sh...sherri-papini-website-offers-reward/168229851

To sum up: Anonymous donor has a negotiator at work by November 6. By all accounts the only negotiator the donor has ever had is Mr. Gamble. Ms. Jeter says Mr. Gamble did not begin work on the case until November 14 or later.

Interesting. I wonder how many hostage negotiators there are in Redding, CA or nearby towns?

The VI did say she was examined and evidence collected IIRC. Also that tox screen done IIRC. Yesterday, on this thread.

The abc reporter also saw post abduction pics of Sherri. Said she had been battered almost beyond recognition

Thank you for your reply, sumzero. I think it has a significant flaw. Suppose KRCR had posted and broadcast the letter promptly on receipt, on November 6. The abductors respond immediately and follow the letter’s instructions for reaching out to the negotiator. But there is no reply back, because there is no negotiator. I would think this would anger the abductors and thereby substantially endanger Ms. Papini.

How did the AD know this was an abduction in the first place? When Stacy Peterson disappeared, people didn't automatically jump to sex trafficking; some of the early theories were that she'd had a bit of a meltdown (young mother, with young children) and ran off for a little "vacation" or that she ran off with another man. Not abduction. No anonymous donors came forth in that case, or in any other missing women cases I know of - including Stacey Smart. Why this one? Just another one of those "coincidences"?

She would have to have left the hospital AMA, is all I can figure.

The VI did say she was examined and evidence collected IIRC. Also that tox screen done IIRC. Yesterday, on this thread.

The abc reporter also saw post abduction pics of Sherri. Said she had been battered almost beyond recognition
Gutman is one of the few people who have seen photos of Sherri in the wake of her release.

“I wouldn’t say she is disfigured but she was battered almost to the point of unrecognizable,” he said.

*http://www.insideedition.com/headli...n-where-super-mom-sherri-papini-was-kidnapped

IOW, she would be an extremely high risk / liability to a trafficker. Unless they are getting stupid and desperate in Redding.

And stupid and desperate criminals are unlikely to keep a high risk victim for three weeks and then leave her on the side of a public road by choice AND not be identified or caught in the process.

Could they be so stupid and get so lucky?

How did the AD know this was an abduction in the first place? When Stacy Peterson disappeared, people didn't automatically jump to sex trafficking; some of the early theories were that she'd had a bit of a meltdown (young mother, with young children) and ran off for a little "vacation" or that she ran off with another man. Not abduction. No anonymous donors came forth in that case, or in any other missing women cases I know of - including Stacey Smart. Why this one? Just another one of those "coincidences"?

Good question. Anybody ever heard of anonymous donors in other missing persons case? The strange thing is that it looks like the Tera Smith case had one as well.

Another detail that just eats at me. Those perps must be pretty clever to have avoided any cams in the neighborhood.

Or it wasn't actually a dark SUV.

No one can really know ahead of time every single location on a route that has a surveillance cam.

A young mother isn't home when her husband arrives home. She's not contacted any family that she's going anywhere. She has not picked up her children from day care. Her phone is found beside the road.
If it were my wife, my daughter, my friend....I'd think she'd been abducted too.

I know we know SP was found on the highway. But do we know exactly where she was dropped off? Could it be that she was dropped off?

I thought she was dropped off (or pushed out from inside the SUV) near the church and from there walked to I-5.

Or it wasn't actually a dark SUV.

No one can really know ahead of time every single location on a route that has a surveillance cam.

If it wasn't a dark SUV, then surely she would tell LE if the "actual vehicle" showed up on surv? It did pull up while she was running, so she could certainly identify it.

Interesting. I wonder how many hostage negotiators there are in Redding, CA or nearby towns?
For curiosity's sake, I googled kidnap/ransom negotiators in Atlanta, population around 460,000 (not counting suburbs). I came up with less than a handful companies, at least one of which was a branch of an international parent corporation. An independent negotiator being based on Redding, population ~90,000, is quite fortuitous.

There are signs that are consistent with ST. There are some that are not. It hasn't been ruled out. The VI said their theory was some sort of ST scenario and not a revenge one.
SP, KP, their contacts, bank records, phone records, friends, family and coworkers were investigated. KP passed a polygraph. There was no evidence of marriage trouble, affairs, financial issues or Sherri wanting a "vacation".
She was found in chains..malnourished and battered.
Who do you, if you'd like to share, think took this beautiful young woman and did these horrible things to her?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966