Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well,
if this information is true, I'd think it would be kind of hard to live with your husband if you already have a boyfriend living with you. The bathroom must get crowded at 7:00 a.m. on a Monday morning. ;)

Seriously, though, something must be off with this info.

Yep. Must be a typo

Thank you for that.

There are times I walk away in anger or frustration from my computer because of the feelings I have for KP,SP and family that get triggered occasionally by posts. I should probably stop trying to articulate what little I am allowed to share and just log off for good, but I, like all of the P's, really want to see the perpetrators caught and sitting around doing nothing to advance that cause is not something I can do at this point in time.

Lake16, I'm glad you are here and advocating for your friends. Please don't get discouraged by a few comments that seem focused on the wrong things. It is human nature to question and try to understand statements and actions and that is what we do here. Most mean no ill-will toward the Papini's in asking about these things but I understand why it is tiring to have to repeat yourself as to why KP responded a certain way or did a certain thing. Please stay around and keep letting us know how we can HELP. Most here really want to help find the perps who did this to Sherri. :grouphug:

Thank you for that.

There are times I walk away in anger or frustration from my computer because of the feelings I have for KP,SP and family that get triggered occasionally by posts. I should probably stop trying to articulate what little I am allowed to share and just log off for good, but I, like all of the P's, really want to see the perpetrators caught and sitting around doing nothing to advance that cause is not something I can do at this point in time.

Please know you are VERY much appreciated and it shows your good character that you want to help your friends despite the upset it can cause. Fwiw, I have to step away and count to 10 quite often, and I'm so far removed from the situation it shouldn't make me feel that way, but we are all here because we are passionate about helping, and sometimes we get a little carried away. I had a close friend go missing a couple of years ago, sadly it didn't end well. It's hard but if you are going to be anywhere on the www, this place is the best place to be. IMHO!

:hug:

This is the third and final time I will address that statement, but undoubtedly it won't be the last time it will be brought up.

That statement was sent to ABC prior to the interview as a result of the Sheriff making an ill-advised comment that many people, family members included, felt was comparing SP's injuries to a sprained ankle, thereby casting doubts on whether the abduction was real.

It was not written exclusively by KP and it was tempered down from what he wanted to say.

It was never intended to be "all-inclusive" and cover every point regarding the abduction, her captivity or release or other things KP would have liked to have said.

KP was, and is, very concerned about his family's safety and vowing revenge against armed perpetrators still at large could possibly jeopardize his family's safety.

Feel free to continue to speculate about how you would of said and handled things differently.

I totally understand. He wasn't there when Sherri's body was battered and bruised. He wanted to protect her dignity. And we need to remember that the most important thing in the matter was having Sherri home and alive. Catching the people that committed this crime comes next. People need to give KP some credit here. He was able to get his wife back. His fast acting possibly is what kept her alive.

A police log isn't an arrest. It's a report and not even proof of a crime. I can't see how profiling police logs would be deemed acceptable.

I agree it is not an arrest and in most cases it would not even have the suspected perps names stated. As I said, I'll defer to the mods and what they decide.

This is the third and final time I will address that statement, but undoubtedly it won't be the last time it will be brought up.

That statement was sent to ABC prior to the interview as a result of the Sheriff making an ill-advised comment that many people, family members included, felt was comparing SP's injuries to a sprained ankle, thereby casting doubts on whether the abduction was real.

It was not written exclusively by KP and it was tempered down from what he wanted to say.

It was never intended to be "all-inclusive" and cover every point regarding the abduction, her captivity or release or other things KP would have liked to have said.

KP was, and is, very concerned about his family's safety and vowing revenge against armed perpetrators still at large could possibly jeopardize his family's safety.

Do you think they may decide to not testify? Because if they testify and have the perps put away, they could be in danger.

I would focus on Redding, Red Bluff, Chico, Oroville, Yuba City, Marysville, Woodland, Sacramento, and maybe Susanville. Unless you have information that SP was driven a really, really long distance before being dropped off in Yolo. Because the Yreka, Eureka, and Medford would be a four or five hour drive from there. Locations south of Sacramento, such as Stockton would be better places to investigate.

IMO, locations east of Yolo in the foothills of the Sierra, and west of Yolo in the range lands of the coastal range are the places to be concentrating. Very sparsely populated areas where any type of covert operations could be held without people even knowing they are occurring. People keep focusing on I5 as a corridor. Think outside that box.

Yes, based upon information from a family member KP has gone silent to the media after the ABC interview. It is KP's and SP's desire that the publicity blows over so that they can try to rebuild their lives and create a new sense of normalcy with their children. I'm not sure if that will be possible.
That sounds like what I think most people who had an intense trauma would want. Unfortunately they've become some people's entertainment and only when a new shiny object comes along to focus the attention away, will they see this unwanted attention start to subside.

Awwww, thank you so much.

Here you go Case Map

celltowers.jpg

There is actually only 3 towers in the near vicinity. There is a cluster of 3 towers supposed to be just across the road from the bottom right tower but after close inspection and a little research I think they are old. All I see is a big empty field and the towers are registered to a radio company that is listed at a different address now.

Hope that is what you wanted. If not let me know, I'll be around a while yet but am getting off the computer now.

She was not dropped off on I-5.

Where exactly was she dropped off then? Any clues which direction the car might have been traveling would be helpful.

I think this is a great idea. I hope the mods will clarify if there is any objection to us going through old police reports and news articles to look for similar crimes.

I am on the phone with Tricia getting clear direction right now.

That sounds like what I think most people who had an intense trauma would want. Unfortunately they've become some people's entertainment and only when a new shiny object comes along to focus the attention away, will they see this unwanted attention start to subside.

Small price to pay when your loved one beats the odds and is brought home safe, IMO

Why wouldn't they testify and want the perps put away?

They may decide not to testify for the same
reason that was discussed above with regard to KP not wanting to call the perps out and react angrily against them; because it could endanger their family.

I never said they didn't want the perps put away. LE may not need their testimony if they gather enough evidence.

Do you think they may decide to not testify? Because if they testify and have the perps put away, they could be in danger.

But if they don't, and it was not targeted, the perps could end up killing the next person

But if they don't, and it was not targeted, the perps could end up killing the next person

Of course. But what if testifying puts their family - their children! - in danger?

I'm just glad I don't have to make such a choice. It can't be easy.

Yeah, but on that part of I-5, most of the traffic is traveling about 80 mph. So even with construction slowdowns the average speed would still be around at least 70 mph.

That's a thing I enjoy about W.S. I learn a lot. We have a lot of construction here, and seriously, it's gone on for years, I can't imagine averaging 70 mph, for 2.5 hours straight, around here. We do know how to take curves though, so someone unfamiliar to this area, could not drive as far in 2.5 hours, as we could, for example.One of my son's had an associate come into town who was from a relatively flat state. Guy had never been in the mountains. You'll almost meet yourself on some curves. My son had to pull over and let the guy get his stomach back together before they made it to their destination.

Of course. But what if testifying puts their family - their children! - in danger?

I'm just glad I don't have to make such a choice. It can't be easy.

If it were done to my daughter I would make sure they were put away. I suppose we may never know if this silence from LE continues

Where exactly was she dropped off then? Any clues which direction the car might have been traveling would be helpful.

She was released somewhere on rural county road 17 east of I5. In looking at a map of the area, it makes no sense to me (IMO) that those that released her would continue heading east on co rd 17 into the town of Yolo. There are too many turns to make at 4:30 in the morning to get out of that town and head east as an escape route. They may have headed east, did a u turn, released her and headed back to I5 for a north/south escape. Or, in looking at the map, continued west on co rd 17 to I505. That is also a major north/south route that connects to I5 north, or I80 to the south.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95