Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a link to the cell phone towers in Shasta county/Redding.
Can you map the closest tower to the intersection of say Twin view Blvd and Pine Grove?
http://www.cellreception.com/towers/towers.php?city=redding&state_abr=ca

There seems to be quite a significant amount of Incomplete 911 calls coming from this area according to the Shasta county daily logs.
Including one as recently as yesterday.
See page #3
http://www.co.shasta.ca.us/docs/Sheriff/daily-logs/12-11-2016.pdf?sfvrsn=2

I certainly can. I'll add them to the case map. That is the link I had open btw, I always use that site!

I agree. No investigatory value at all.
Our VI reports Keith and the rest of the family very much want these people caught.
Nit picking Keith's reactions or Sherri's wedding blog serve no purpose other than more thinly veiled swipes at the character of the victims of this brutal crime.

There sure does seem to be a lot of comment judging going on around here, which is against the ToS.

As a result of a similar comment, the other day I went looking for a mission statement. I didn't find one. I see no rule anywhere that all discussion must be geared exclusively toward solving the case. Furthermore, if there was such a rule, who gets to decide which comments further the investigation and which don't?

She was not dropped off on I-5.

I have a question - and my apologies if this was already answered - when SP was dropped off on I-5 was the SUV heading north, or south, on that road?

You're very welcome!

Trying to get people to focus on specific things is beneficial and helpful. Direction was sorely needed and I'm happy you were able to articulate what assistance you seek. I hope you'll get some focused attention on your list.

Thank you for the marvelous question!

What I would like to see happen is a sleuthing of media articles and to the extent they are available, police logs, for the last 12-18 months to see if we can find similar MO's of two female Hispanics attempting to abduct people, or possibly attacking people or some other serious crime. And also if any arrests were made. That information might help identify the perpetrators.

In California I think areas to check might be:
Redding,
Susanville,
Yreka
Eureka,
Red Bluff,
Chico,
Oroville,
Yuba City/Marysville
Woodland
Sacramento

And also Medford, Oregon.

In my opinion that would be more productive than discussing what type of "hose clamps" SP had on (LE already knows), what KP should or should not have done or said (it's been done already and he is not a suspect) or any other number of details which LE already knows the answer to.

Thank you for the marvelous question!

What I would like to see happen is a sleuthing of media articles and to the extent they are available, police logs, for the last 12-18 months to see if we can find similar MO's of two female Hispanics attempting to abduct people, or possibly attacking people or some other serious crime. And also if any arrests were made. That information might help identify the perpetrators.

In California I think areas to check might be:
Redding,
Susanville,
Yreka
Eureka,
Red Bluff,
Chico,
Oroville,
Yuba City/Marysville
Woodland
Sacramento

And also Medford, Oregon.

In my opinion that would be more productive than discussing what type of "hose clamps" SP had on (LE already knows), what KP should or should not have done or said (it's been done already and he is not a suspect) or any other number of details which LE already knows the answer to.

I would focus on Redding, Red Bluff, Chico, Oroville, Yuba City, Marysville, Woodland, Sacramento, and maybe Susanville. Unless you have information that SP was driven a really, really long distance before being dropped off in Yolo. Because the Yreka, Eureka, and Medford would be a four or five hour drive from there. Locations south of Sacramento, such as Stockton would be better places to investigate.

My apologies if it appeared that I was singling you out. I should have chosen which post to quote more carefully.

No apology necessary, Lake. You're in a unique position here, being that you have a relationship to the victim. I completely understand. :)

There sure does seem to be a lot of comment judging going on around here, which is against the ToS.

As a result of a similar comment, the other day I went looking for a mission statement. I didn't find one. I see no rule anywhere that all discussion must be geared exclusively toward solving the case. Furthermore, if there was such a rule, who gets to decide which comments further the investigation and which don't?

Mods, generally speaking. Alert any post that you feel violates TOS. Been on Ws for many years and the mods are always on top of the "alerts" - quick action is taken if deemed necessary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It would be hard for me to ignore it, if many of the locals thought my wife and I created a hoax, for money, and faked her kidnapping. How do you go about your daily routine, if the majority of people you see each day think you did something like that?

I would absolutely try and correct that information if I could. JMO :cow:

Unless you would be willing to go onto every single message forum out there on the internet, there's no way you'd be able to correct every single comment made.

I'd speak to my friends and family individually to clear up any questions and then concentrate on spending quality time with the kids and spouse.

But as i said, that's ME. If others feel differently, they certainly have every right.

This is the third and final time I will address that statement, but undoubtedly it won't be the last time it will be brought up.

That statement was sent to ABC prior to the interview as a result of the Sheriff making an ill-advised comment that many people, family members included, felt was comparing SP's injuries to a sprained ankle, thereby casting doubts on whether the abduction was real.

It was not written exclusively by KP and it was tempered down from what he wanted to say.

It was never intended to be "all-inclusive" and cover every point regarding the abduction, her captivity or release or other things KP would have liked to have said.

KP was, and is, very concerned about his family's safety and vowing revenge against armed perpetrators still at large could possibly jeopardize his family's safety.

Feel free to continue to speculate about how you would of said and handled things differently.

I really admire KP's self discipline that he didn't lash out angrily at these horrible sub human beings who tortured his wife. He seems to me to be a very level headed and rational man who does not want to jeopardize his family's safety.

I am only aware of the one ABC interview being done by KP since SP's release. And I've asked family members and they share that belief. Everything else you see is a rehash of that statement, previous statements, incorrectly attributed statements, and prior media reports, some accurate, some not and then sprinkled with new talking heads.

I assume when you say you have talked to family members you are speaking and including KP.

This information, at least to me, is huge.

It makes such a * significant * difference in and how I approach what I am reading.

I wish I had known this before that everything we are reading is based off one interview and every single other article we read is a rehash.

It was surmised by some... I will now discount everything else other than what I have heard on that interview..the 911 calls, the dispatch recording, or read as far as the LE video/statements/press release.

I had assumed this earlier, but for this website, that is huge IMHO to consider.

Hmmm... I didn't notice that bit of info before (that the marriage was in 2006). That's... kind of surprising.

From that article:

"During that time she got married in 2006 to David Dreyfus, a platoon sergeant with the armed forces, according to the couple’s marriage certificate obtained by PEOPLE. The pair divorced in September, 2008, according to the Shasta County court."

From the wedding blog:

"Keith and I decided it was time for him to move in with me in December 2006."

So perhaps she did never live with her ex-husband...

Well,
if this information is true, I'd think it would be kind of hard to live with your husband if you already have a boyfriend living with you. The bathroom must get crowded at 7:00 a.m. on a Monday morning. ;)

Seriously, though, something must be off with this info.

No apology necessary, Lake. You're in a unique position here, being that you have a relationship to the victim. I completely understand. :)

Thank you for that.

There are times I walk away in anger or frustration from my computer because of the feelings I have for KP,SP and family that get triggered occasionally by posts. I should probably stop trying to articulate what little I am allowed to share and just log off for good, but I, like all of the P's, really want to see the perpetrators caught and sitting around doing nothing to advance that cause is not something I can do at this point in time.

I was replying to and agreeing with a post that contained the phrase "investigatory value"
The VI was asked how websleuths could best help. The reply was to investigate and try to find who did this crime, especially police logs. VI reply also stated second guessing KP reactions would not advance the investigation. His reactions have already happened.

Websleuths is a victim friendly site. Keith is a crime victim too. I hope I never have to walk in his boots.

And that was brought to the attention of the P's by a mutual friend and I know it was being looked into. There were two actually, one at a dog park and one at Walmart. But I've not taken the time to look through the last 18 months of reports from that Facebook local crime site.

Glad they're looking into that one. I remember reading the Facebook post from the woman who got attacked. It was the Walmart one. And situations like that aren't all to common. So I don't see what the problem is investigating those random kinds of attacks vs the targeted ones.

I am sure they are doing much more than that. What I find ridiculous and offensive is going through a year and half of police logs to profile two women off of incident reports. Just because an incident was reported DOES NOT mean someone did something wrong. There are names in police logs and if an incident is unsubstantiated and it just happened to have two Hispanic female's names then you end up "sleuthing" people that aren't even guilty of any crime in the first place...much less an abduction and beating.

Please don't profile off a police log. It's not smart.

I don't think Lake16 is asking us to "name names" off of a police log and sleuth specific individuals, but if there are similar incidents where someone reported 2 unknown Hispanic women tried to abduct them or threatened them at gun point those incidents should be looked at by LE, IMO. An incident where two women attempted an abduction would not have those two women's names in the log. Even if they were arrested later they may not be named in the log. As I was reading the log earlier today I noticed names had been removed when the incident reports were things like--"woman reports _____ threatened to rape her"--the reporting party's name was not given and neither was the person who was suspected of making the threat. So long as we don't delve into sleuthing specific individuals, I'm not sure how sifting through police reports violates TOS, but of course I'll defer to whatever the MODs decide.

Thank you for that.

There are times I walk away in anger or frustration from my computer because of the feelings I have for KP,SP and family that get triggered occasionally by posts. I should probably stop trying to articulate what little I am allowed to share and just log off for good, but I, like all of the P's, really want to see the perpetrators caught and sitting around doing nothing to advance that cause is not something I can do at this point in time.

I understand. What you do is up to you, of course.

But, it's always hard when we care about people and perceive they're not being treated fairly.

For what it's worth, it seems clear to me that WS members really value your participation here and want to get to the bottom of what happened to Sherri too.

I assume when you say you have talked to family members you are speaking and including KP.

Yes, based upon information from a family member KP has gone silent to the media after the ABC interview. It is KP's and SP's desire that the publicity blows over so that they can try to rebuild their lives and create a new sense of normalcy with their children. I'm not sure if that will be possible.

You're very welcome!

Trying to get people to focus on specific things is beneficial and helpful. Direction was sorely needed and I'm happy you were able to articulate what assistance you seek. I hope you'll get some focused attention on your list.

Some of us are just rebels when it comes to sleuthing...terrible at taking any one direction....sort of defeats the purpose and takes the fun out of admiring individual talent....at least IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AussyDog