Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could they be waiting for an indication from LE as to where to search? If she really was abducted - she could be anywhere. Even if that anywhere is limited to Shasta Co, where do you start without some evidence from LE?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fields, woods, waterways, abandoned structures.
You inundate local and national media for the publics help.
LE checks all RSO's.
Feet pounding the ground in a frantic effort to find her.

Sierah Joughlin was seemingly abducted from a roadside in the middle of rural America with no witnesses and no idea if she was one mile or a thousand miles away. They didn't stop searching, frantically, until they found her....nearby.

Her husband said "I'm coming. We're coming."
REALLY?

I agree she is close by, and even though this looks very suspicious, we shouldn't rule out that she might have fallen in to a ravine, etc. I don't know the terrain or whether that suggestion is even plausible. And, I'm sorry to suggest this, but self harm shouldn't be ruled out either. Is there any indication whatsoever that this might even be a rational possibility?

The mere thought of my loved one being held captive and enduring the horrors that conjures up ... chained like a dog in a storage container in sweltering heat?! Imagining them pleading for me, for anyone, to find them ... and that they may well be within 30 miles ... I would move heaven and earth, absolutely desperate and frantic to find them. Jessica Lundsford was right across the road, for heaven's sake. This is breaking my heart.

Fields, woods, waterways, abandoned structures.
You inundate local and national media for the publics help.
LE checks all RSO's.
Feet pounding the ground in a frantic effort to find her.

Remember Sierah Joughlin. Seemingly abducted from roadside in middle of rural America with no witnesses. No idea if she was one mile or a thousamd miles away. They didn't stop searching, frantically, until they found her....nearby.

Her husband said "I'm coming. We're coming."
REALLY?
The other interesting parallel with Sierah's case. The monster who murdered her, attempted to take another girl in the very same way, almost 20 years earlier. The girl lived and was able to get away, Sierah didn't. I don't think the Tera Smith case is related, but what a big coincidence? What if the Zink guy wasn't responsible?

I'm not sure I have the 20 years right in the post above, someone can correct me.

If I go missing, please don't assume I'm so far away that it's no longer worth searching for me. Please.

Can anyone recall if LE "cleared" Scott Petersen early on as well, so as to keep him off their scent and so they could do more surveillance on him?

Great to have you here!

I have labelled the sighting as 'possible' as no, it has not been reported to be Sherri. It's from the police log, the sighting. As it was the morning after Sherri went missing and in the vicinity of where she was last seen I added it to the map. That is what we do with a case map, mark areas and incidents of interest. If we hear at some point that the sighting of the female there is unrelated then I will of course remove it. I'll actually rename that marker as 'report of female walking' I don't want to mislead anyone

Skibaboo
---I think you may have Sunrise Drive off a little bit on the map. ( Item #1 on menu) If you move the icon over to Sunrise Drive---things begin to line up a little more and all of these icons begin to get closer to one another.

So now we have phone, earbuds, and wallet that have all been found in close proximity to each other, but not right next to each other. I'm thinking the "possible sighting" that was reported was a case of mistaken identity. If you move the location of the phone closer to the intersection of Old Oregon Trail/ Sunrise Drive......things line up even more. Since everything is "approximate", you can start to see a pattern form if you move the icons closer to a central location.

I think she was grabbed right there in that intersection, or close to it. I've got this nagging suspicion that she is being held captive in a home right there close by, within a mile of all of this "stuff". We may be looking right at the home on the map and simply don't realize it.

LE needs to try and pinpoint homes in the area that are inhabited by a single male who lives alone.

map here: https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewe...l=40.692941953726276,-122.31178745470879&z=17

However did this, I think was someone known (which could include SP herself) and it could also be a couple. There's this case of a woman who was abducted and tortured because the couple felt the woman's boyfriend still owed them money for a laptop:
http://www.omaha.com/news/crime/cou...cle_6b7f7c05-1d12-5c62-b5f1-9009efa2b395.html
One thing that has crossed my mind was that it could have been a couple who did this where the woman looked to some degree like SP where when people thought they saw SP they actually saw a perp. With the range in times she was reported to have been seen from 11 AM to 2 PM, I've really wondered about that with her either faking her own abduction or someone impersonating her.

Just some thoughts .... since it was mentioned she was a person who followed the same routine of running each day - that exposes her to a perp who notes that. Probably someone local. Probably a loaner. LE needs to know who in the area has a record and/or any reports of suspicious activity... odds are it's not first time he attacked. He's left cellphone at the scene to avoid tacking.. Most common way of abducting is using a vehicle to strike the victim, obviously the need to check all surveillance branching away from where she was taken...

jMO
I believe LE knows things we are not privy to.
They may have found information even her husband and family were not aware of.

This. I also believe this and could very well be true. Thus possibly why LE isn't officially calling it an abduction.

My theory is that she left on her own. Leaving on her own doesn't mean she doesn't love her kids. Raising small children is HARD, no matter who you are, your socioeconomic status, whether kids are in daycare, or the "health" of your marriage. And I put parenthesis around health for a reason. Raising small children leaves little room for tending to your marriage, no matter how much you love your spouse. This just adds stress in general, not that there were specific problems in the marriage per say. In addition, her youngest was only 2 years old; perhaps she could have had post-partum depression? PPD lingers chronically if not treated. Women hide PPD very well, just like battered women hide their spouse's abuse. We here time and time again of mothers leaving or harming oneself due to PPD and the spouse and their loved ones "never saw the signs."

Can anyone recall if LE "cleared" Scott Petersen early on as well, so as to keep him off their scent and so they could do more surveillance on him?

They had their sights on him right away. They followed him to SF Bay several times. Amber Frey came forward within a week and boom. He was nailed. It just took a while for Laci and baby Connor to tell his secrets.

Are there any prepper-mentality types in the area? She definitely could have been abducted and is being held somewhere close.

Don't underestimate the local creepers who coukd be like Ariel Castro and Todd Kohlhepp who stalked then kidnapped her as their prize.

Are all the RSOs in a 5 mile radius being looked at?

I followed that case closely. LE did not clear Scott. They put GPS on all of his vehicles - and Laci's, which he tried to sell. Scott's girlfrend, Amber, came forward within - 2 weeks as I recall.

However did this, I think was someone known (which could include SP herself) and it could also be a couple. There's this case of a woman who was abducted and tortured because the couple felt the woman's boyfriend still owed them money for a laptop:
http://www.omaha.com/news/crime/cou...cle_6b7f7c05-1d12-5c62-b5f1-9009efa2b395.html
One thing that has crossed my mind was that it could have been a couple who did this where the woman looked to some degree like SP where when people thought they saw SP they actually saw a perp. With the range in times she was reported to have been seen from 11 AM to 2 PM, I've really wondered about that with her either faking her own abduction or someone impersonating her.

Wasn't this "possible sighting" made on 11/3/16 around 9 a.m. ? This would have been the next morning after she went missing. By then, they were already heavily searching for her.

Also....something of interest but not necessarily important......looks like a psychic has jumped in too.
See the Sheriffs log at link below-- Nov. 7-----also , the next to last entry on that same day is pretty funny----sounds like bored teenagers spoofing on each other.

Log--see Nov. 7 entries: http://eastvalleytimes.com/sheriffs-log-nov-1-7/

When I was younger I couldn't reach over a 100lbs! Im 5'3!

Me neither, but I am only 5'2". Both of my parents are thin. I remember trying so hard to gain weight!! LOL.

Those days are gone...

This. I also believe this and could very well be true. Thus possibly why LE isn't officially calling it an abduction.

My theory is that she left on her own. Leaving on her own doesn't mean she doesn't love her kids. Raising small children is HARD, no matter who you are, your socioeconomic status, whether kids are in daycare, or the "health" of your marriage. And I put parenthesis around health for a reason. Raising small children leaves little room for tending to your marriage, no matter how much you love your spouse. This just adds stress in general, not that there were specific problems in the marriage per say. In addition, her youngest was only 2 years old; perhaps she could have had post-partum depression? PPD lingers chronically if not treated. Women hide PPD very well, just like battered women hide their spouse's abuse. We here time and time again of mothers leaving or harming oneself due to PPD and the spouse and their loved ones "never saw the signs."

I have been a SAHM for 21 years. I have 6 children, one of them a 2 year old that we are in process of adopting. I have homeschooled my children for 15 years. I am a pastors wife, we have a busy ministry. I've been a home-based business owner on top of that. I have never once placed any of my children in daycare. Parenting is hard. It is exhausting. But if I go missing, please do not ever assume that I just left because I was stressed out, overwhelmed, needed a break, etc. FIND ME FIRST!!!! Make sure I'm alive and not hurt somewhere, or being held against my will, waiting and praying to be found. That possibility far outweighs the why's of her disappearance at this point. If there was trouble in her life, those things can be discussed later. For now, the focus should be on finding her. Time is of the essence. Where is the panic? The fervent effort to leave no stone unturned? It is grossly unfair to treat this as if she left of her own accord, unless they KNOW that is true.

If I go missing, please don't assume I'm so far away that it's no longer worth searching for me. Please.
Seriously. I have to believe there is more info being withheld because I cannot imagine suspending a search so quickly.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I'm not ruling anything out at this point except the husband's involvement. They say polygraphs are not 100% accurate, but IMHO, they are pretty hard to fool.

However, I am more inclined to believe that a person who left on their own, particularly a woman, would bring a few things with her, and some cash/credit cards. Remember the runaway bride? (What was her name?) She lasted about a week without calling home for money.

So unfortunately, I am leaning more in the direction of her being held against her will at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3