Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
1) There seems to be a pattern of people disappearing without being found in this area. I wonder if there's been any talk of some kind of human trafficking ring.
2) That said, it's pretty clear that the POI in the Tera Smith case lied about his whereabouts that night and I am sure they are looking into him already.
3) Sherri had several pins on pinterest about concealed carry accessories and weapons (from reading the rules I think it's ok to say that.) I find this interesting because I believe it's extremely difficult to get a CC permit in CA unless you have a specific need for it? This may or may not mean anything. I have lots of pins about things I'm never going to do.

They HAVE to have evidence that would lead them to believe she's not in the area. It's the only logical explanation for them to stop the ground searches so early on in the investigation. Could it be something they found on her phone, or in her email? I don't know. It just doesn't make sense unless they have some solid evidence that they're not willing to share with the public. I believe the family has this information since they're not raising a stink and organizing their own ground searches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1) There seems to be a pattern of people disappearing without being found in this area. I wonder if there's been any talk of some kind of human trafficking ring.
2) That said, it's pretty clear that the POI in the Tera Smith case lied about his whereabouts that night and I am sure they are looking into him already.
3) Sherri had several pins on pinterest about concealed carry accessories and weapons (from reading the rules I think it's ok to say that.) I find this interesting because I believe it's extremely difficult to get a CC permit in CA unless you have a specific need for it? This may or may not mean anything. I have lots of pins about things I'm never going to do.

Yes to the human trafficking question. I live in the area and norcal has a huge problem with the trafficking of young women especially along I-80 and I-5

Admittedly, i have missed a few pages.
I read up thread about a wallet being found?
Did this wallet belong to Sherri?

Admittedly, i have missed a few pages.
I read up thread about a wallet being found?
Did this wallet belong to Sherri?

According to the police logs it was a man's wallet.

This. I also believe this and could very well be true. Thus possibly why LE isn't officially calling it an abduction.

My theory is that she left on her own. Leaving on her own doesn't mean she doesn't love her kids. Raising small children is HARD, no matter who you are, your socioeconomic status, whether kids are in daycare, or the "health" of your marriage. And I put parenthesis around health for a reason. Raising small children leaves little room for tending to your marriage, no matter how much you love your spouse. This just adds stress in general, not that there were specific problems in the marriage per say. In addition, her youngest was only 2 years old; perhaps she could have had post-partum depression? PPD lingers chronically if not treated. Women hide PPD very well, just like battered women hide their spouse's abuse. We here time and time again of mothers leaving or harming oneself due to PPD and the spouse and their loved ones "never saw the signs."

I think ppl that decide to leave eventually contact someone. Not the person or persons they are leaving behind for whatever reason but would call their mom dad or best friend.

Another thing about these two not having facebook is maybe they met online and decided they should not go back online.

I think the thing about searching is hard because they don't really know where she went missing from!

In most counties in northern California it's very easy to get. They are considered shall issue counties. In most of southern Cali it's near impossible.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I think ppl that decide to leave eventually contact someone. Not the person or persons they are leaving behind for whatever reason but would call their mom dad or best friend.

Another thing about these two not having facebook is maybe they met online and decided they should not go back online.

I found that they had a mutual Facebook profile that has been deactivated. We don't know when they deactivated it, who deactivated it and why.

Unless suicide is the goal. not saying that it happened here, but I just keep remembering that Oregon mother a few years ago. I just don't know how SP would achieve the disappearance without help. That's why i think its most likely an abduction. Of course she could have left with someone voluntarily, or somehow caught a ride.

I just reviewed the Shasta County Sheriff's Office facebook page. (LINK)

Points of interest:
- Keith reported his wife missing at 17:51.
- The initial report, early on November 3, says, "Sherri Papini was last seen on Sunrise Drive at approximately 2:00 P.M. jogging/walking alone which is normal for her."
- On the November 4 news release, they say: "Good information was obtained and passed onto detectives that is assisting them putting together a timeline of Sherri’s Papini’s activities around 11/02/16."
- They go on to say, though, " the Sheriff’s Office has had multiple eye witness reports from neighbors that know Sherri Papini and she was seen in the area of Sunrise Drive on 11/02/16 in the mid to late-morning/early afternoon."

I find it interesting that they initially said 2:00 PM, but in a later report they're waffling, even though they say they have "good information."

So what time did she go jogging? Nothing seems reliable. It is amazing to me how difficult it is to reliably know a single fact in these cases.

Now that LE has cleared Keith, I hope they are looking at other family members. If it wasn't random, then it has to be someone who knows her routine and would be welcomed into her home. I still believe that phone was planted there and not by Sherri. I also wonder if LE is going through the home carefully to see if any crime was committed inside the home. What if the lunch text wasn't sent by Sherri, but my someone who needed to know how much time they had?!

I think the thing about searching is hard because they don't really know where she went missing from!

I saw K9's on a road in one video. I think they were near where the phone was found. I don't know if they were used at the family home, That's really where we know she was and where the K9 tracking should have started. If they were used at the family home the K9's would be able to track her leaving the house. Maybe they did this, I don't know.

A man in Mill Valley was recently found by a K9. The search was under the direction of the Marin County Sheriff's Department.

California Rescue Dog Association
http://search-dogs.carda.org/about

Missing Mill Valley man, 74, found with help from rescue K-9

Marin Independent Journal
By Stephanie Weldy
POSTED: 11/02/16, 10:48 AM PDT
http://www.marinij.com/article/NO/20161102/NEWS/161109974

I just reviewed the Shasta County Sheriff's Office facebook page. (LINK)

Points of interest:
- Keith reported his wife missing at 17:51.
- The initial report, early on November 3, says, "Sherri Papini was last seen on Sunrise Drive at approximately 2:00 P.M. jogging/walking alone which is normal for her."
- On the November 4 news release, they say: "Good information was obtained and passed onto detectives that is assisting them putting together a timeline of Sherri’s Papini’s activities around 11/02/16."
- They go on to say, though, " the Sheriff’s Office has had multiple eye witness reports from neighbors that know Sherri Papini and she was seen in the area of Sunrise Drive on 11/02/16 in the mid to late-morning/early afternoon."

I find it interesting that they initially said 2:00 PM, but in a later report they're waffling, even though they say they have "good information."

So what time did she go jogging? Nothing seems reliable. It is amazing to me how difficult it is to reliably know a single fact in these cases.

Can't it be both? Some neighbors saw her in the morning and someone saw her at 2:00. I mean people aren't always staring out their windows or staring at people as they drive and cataloging everyone's movements. I think it's lucky there were so may sightings of her.

Now that LE has cleared Keith, I hope they are looking at other family members. If it wasn't random, then it has to be someone who knows her routine and would be welcomed into her home. I still believe that phone was planted there and not by Sherri. I also wonder if LE is going through the home carefully to see if any crime was committed inside the home. What if the lunch text wasn't sent by Sherri, but my someone who needed to know how much time they had?!

Poor family. The husband was really kind of picked apart here and suspected and now we have to move on to other innocent family members? I think they've suffered enough without more baseless speculation. It think all the public can or should really do is to concentrate on any actual facts we receive and news reports.

NEW INFO FROM HUSBAND...Different timeline, partially wrapped gift at home?

http://people.com/crime/missing-sherri-papini-update-husband-keith-interview/

Snipped...
...Authorities have said Keith was not involved, according to the Record Searchlight. Sheriff’s officials told the paper that Keith passed a polygraph test and that they were able to confirm his location on the day Sherri vanished. (The sheriff’s office did not return multiple calls.)

“There is no physical evidence at this time suggesting he had any involvement,” a spokesman told the Searchlight.

Wasn't this "possible sighting" made on 11/3/16 around 9 a.m. ? This would have been the next morning after she went missing. By then, they were already heavily searching for her.

Also....something of interest but not necessarily important......looks like a psychic has jumped in too.
See the Sheriffs log at link below-- Nov. 7-----also , the next to last entry on that same day is pretty funny----sounds like bored teenagers spoofing on each other.

Log--see Nov. 7 entries: http://eastvalleytimes.com/sheriffs-log-nov-1-7/

Both her husband thinks she went at around 11 AM based on knowing her and also neighbors he talked to:
Keith says he believes his wife went jogging around 11 a.m., shortly after he didn’t return her text. “I am putting her leaving around that time,” he says. “That is based on the text I got, and there were some people I spoke with that were cutting down a tree, and they informed us that they saw my wife running. ”
http://people.com/crime/missing-sherri-papini-update-husband-keith-interview/
And witnesses say they saw her at around 11 AM:
Papini, had links to Humboldt County as she worked occasionally in the area, was last seen to be jogging on Sunrise Drive in a more rural area of Redding. She was seen wearing a pink jogging top by several witnesses around 11 a.m.
http://kymkemp.com/2016/11/07/two-h...lieved-by-family-to-be-abducted-near-redding/

I am still curious about what they are finding in her email. LE mentioned it yesterday (I believe) in their statement. It hadn't been mentioned before. I think there were clues there about what happened or why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spurr15