Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree she is close by, and even though this looks very suspicious, we shouldn't rule out that she might have fallen in to a ravine, etc. I don't know the terrain or whether that suggestion is even plausible. And, I'm sorry to suggest this, but self harm shouldn't be ruled out either. Is there any indication whatsoever that this might even be a rational possibility?

I doubt she fell into a ravine with phone,checkbook, clothing being strung out. Looks staged.
No searches make no sense. They have to know something.

Has the checkbook been confirmed - or are we just going by the call log of someone stating they may have found her checkbook?

(honestly, I don't know how a checkbook "may" belong to someone - it does belong to them or it doesn't, and surely LE could make that distinction in less than 10 minutes. It's not like finding a lipstick or a jogging shoe)

Has the checkbook been confirmed - or are we just going by the call log of someone stating they may have found her checkbook?

(honestly, I don't know how a checkbook "may" belong to someone - it does belong to them or it doesn't, and surely LE could make that distinction in less than 10 minutes. It's not like finding a lipstick or a jogging shoe)

Also the items of clothing

Confirmed or not???

<modsnip>
94% of women are killed by someone they know. This is an actual fact. With stats that high, I would hope LE is looking at ALL family members and acquaintances just to rule them out. The facts are that we have no crime scene. At this point, you can only speculate based on past experience and/or cases.

Well, I would hazard a guess that you don't go jogging with your checkbook. It should be interesting to see if it is hers. Is it confirmed anywhere that her purse was still in the house?

It has now been 3 full days since the sister announced that they think Sherri is no longer in the area and that she wants national attention. The sister says this and then goes media silent. I don't get that.
We know LE is not doing any searches
Yes..I agree..there is much we don't know about this disappearance but the sense of urgency, to me, appears to have died out.
Sherri's parents have not made an appeal, correct?

The partially wrapped present doesn't really bother me for some reason. Maybe she ran out of tape while wrapping and was going to stop and pick some up when she picked up the kids from day care. She probably just decided to go on with her day and get her run in and whatever else she needed to do before picking up the kids.

Well, I would hazard a guess that you don't go jogging with your checkbook. It should be interesting to see if it is hers. Is it confirmed anywhere that her purse was still in the house?

It has now been 3 full days since the sister announced that they think Sherri is no longer in the area and that she wants national attention. The sister says this and then goes media silent. I don't get that.
Yes..I agree..there is much we don't know about this disappearance but the sense of urgency, to me, appears to have died out.

I don't get it, either. Just bizarre. Sigh.

One possibility I have thought of is that I found two accounts for her online sales sites. (Mercari and Posh Mark) on both sites she sells clothing, kids stuff, and phone accessories from AT&T. I wonder if she also sells locally on sites like Craigslist and Varage Sale. If she does use those local sites, does she meet up with buyers in a public place or have them come to her home to pick up items?

Links to her sale sites: (not sure if this is allowed, so admin please feel free to snip this if not allowed)

https://www.mercari.com/u/808934983/

https://poshmark.com/listing/Meet-your-seller-53af2bb2781950521d10e3e3

Also I wanted to add that by looking at the items she sells, a lot of it is very cute designer clothing. She has listings for her husbands clothing too, and it is all nice name brand stuff. In previous threads it was discussed "how they can afford to put their kids in daycare if shes a SAHM?" (I don't want to go back down that rabbit hole again) but in my opinon with the clothing she is selling, they are not hurting for money.

One possibility I have thought of is that I found two accounts for her online sales sites. (Mercari and Posh Mark) on both sites she sells clothing, kids stuff, and phone accessories from AT&T. I wonder if she also sells locally on sites like Craigslist and Varage Sale. If she does use those local sites, does she meet up with buyers in a public place or have them come to her home to pick up items?

Links to her sale sites: (not sure if this is allowed, so admin please feel free to snip this if not allowed)

https://www.mercari.com/u/808934983/

https://poshmark.com/listing/Meet-your-seller-53af2bb2781950521d10e3e3
This is excellent sleuthing! Well done. I too have been very curious if she has some kind on at home business where she might meet up with people.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Also I wanted to add that by looking at the items she sells, a lot of it is very cute designer clothing. She has listings for her husbands clothing too, and it is all nice name brand stuff. In previous threads it was discussed "how they can afford to put their kids in daycare if shes a SAHM?" (I don't want to go back down that rabbit hole again) but in my opinon with the clothing she is selling, they are not hurting for money.
I have absolutely no clue about their finances other than a guess from his job. Obviously that isn't the whole picture by any means. But I will say this. I have a few friends on food stamps and they both had designer diaper bags, handbags and lots of expensive kids clothing. One also always got a huge tax refund even though she does not work. I have no idea how that all happens but I have learned that things are usually not what they appear.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

These facts are the reason I feel this is "staged" or "planned" in some way. It feels off.

Also, there is another poster who claimed a couple of pages ago, that he or she lives in the area and s/he was ambiguous about inside information that supposedly leads to a stranger/known person abduction; if this was true, why isn't LE labeling it an abduction?

Mine as well. At first I thought it was because of something the husband did. But now that he is clear, my hinky meter is stilled being pegged out. Something isn't right, but I can't put my finger on it.

It's the seemingly unhurried pace, almost a lack of real concern that a life may be at stake here. Yes, his interviews struck a strange vibe with me, but now that LE has cleared him there is still that "off" feeling. Does anyone remember Christine Francisco (husband Nick)? She was adamant that he would never leave his family ... the search for him felt half-hearted. This feels like that.

I will add this: If it turns out to be an abduction, it will be one of the most strangely handled cases I've followed in my lifetime, along with Jessica Heeringa.

If this is indeed an abduction, we know from Thomas Harris:

How do we begin to covet? We begin by coveting what we see every day.&#8221;

Perhaps the abductor lives in the area and is aware that Sherri jogs in the area alone often because he passes her by on a daily basis.

I think our possible abductor could very well be a sex offender so it is wise to look into local offenders as has been reported.

If not a sex offender, this person is probably in close proximity and is aware of her exercise training and the isolated terrain.

I am aware there are many other possibilities in this case but abduction certainly is a strong consideration based on the small sample size of information that we do actually have accordingly!

In the absolute worst of possible outcomes, we find that 10 mile proximity to the home to be essential in search efforts.

My prayers are with Sherri and her family, truly hoping for her to be found safe and well.

It's been pointed out a couple of times that it's not a good idea to touch potential evidence of a crime. Hopefully the person saw what looked to be a checkbook and instead of reaching for it, remembered this case and called 911.

As for the neighbor's remarks, I read "stranger/known persons" to be a person known to police but a stranger to the victim. IOW, a sex offender.

It doesn't appear that there are "no searches". A WSer just posted that she lives in the area and family/friends searches are ongoing. The media won't put a story on the news because the family asks them to. There have been very busy news days this week with the election. Local news won't fill their limited time with a MP story unless there is a development. I do think the family can do more to grab media attention like organize walks, vigils, etc.

If this is indeed an abduction, we know from Thomas Harris:

How do we begin to covet? We begin by coveting what we see every day.&#8221;

Perhaps the abductor lives in the area and is aware that Sherri jogs in the area alone often because he passes her by on a daily basis.

I think our possible abductor could very well be a sex offender so it is wise to look into local offenders as has been reported.

If not a sex offender, this person is probably in close proximity and is aware of her exercise training and the isolated terrain.

I am aware there are many other possibilities in this case but abduction certainly is a strong consideration based on the small sample size of information that we do actually have accordingly!

In the absolute worst of possible outcomes, we find that 10 mile proximity to the home to be essential in search efforts.

My prayers are with Sherri and her family, truly hoping for her to be found safe and well.

BBM. Exactly why the suspension of the search (and it was not a large scale search) after just one week is unconscionable to me.

I doubt she fell into a ravine with phone,checkbook, clothing being strung out. Looks staged.
No searches make no sense. They have to know something.
I have had a few moments where I think it might be staged. That's why I was asking if we knew anymore about the phone itself (not data). Prints, dna, etc. If she was grabbed it may have been dropped and the abductor didn't notice, or did and didn't care--wanted it gone. Or he/she might have wanted to throw it further away out of sight, not so easy to find. The phone is where I get hung up. And I know LE has cleared the husband but why didn't you just try calling her before using the find the phone app to see where she was? Sorry to run over old ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3