Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip>

Police: Man accused of kidnapping, beating woman

MURFREESBORO &#8211; A traffic stop Tuesday night led to the arrest of a Murfreesboro man who is accused of kidnapping and beating a woman over the course of more than two weeks, according to Murfreesboro Police Department records.

Thanath Lont Sayadeth, aka, &#8220;Lucky,&#8221; was wanted on two outstanding warrants stemming from the allegations reported in March.

On March 25, a 20-year-old woman reported to Officer David Kelch that she was kidnapped, drugged and beaten by several subjects, including a man nicknamed &#8220;Lucky,&#8221; over several weeks beginning March 8.

&#8220;The original incident was a series of gang-related crimes in which the victim was not a random target and was known to the suspects,&#8221; said Sgt. Kyle Evans, spokesman for the Murfreesboro Police Department.

He explained the woman was likely a victim of a gang initiation.

Police: Man accused of kidnapping, beating woman

<modsnip>

There seems to be alot of naysayers on this forum. I am leaning toward the man in the article today who mentioned she may have been taken by a serial killer and tortured and adding my own thinking, is she may have said or did something that made him release her. This has happened in a few cases, very few, but has happened. If she promised to not give his identity and he threatened her family and children if she does, she may be making up the 2 Hispanic women.

Would you blame her? The after effects of horror and shock. The fear.

I am pretty sure others have responded to this already, but I am catching up and 15 pages behind, so just quickly wanted to add that I, too, believe this to be a most probable scenario.

KP said SP had a rash in addition to her injuries. Do we have any idea where the rash was located or what might have caused it?

He said she was emaciated and covered in "multi-colored bruises, severe burns, red rashes, and chain markings."
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...-mom-sherri-papini-addresses-rumors/94593338/
It could be an allergic reaction to something. Maybe a chemical? A latex allergy if the captors had gloves on maybe? Maybe some form of "rug burn"?

Perhaps a drug of some kind as some side effects of drugs can result in what looks like a rash such as a penicillin reaction. It could also be from a fungal infection, something like ringworm, or some kind or a bacterial infection.

It is also possible that it is from being in the same position for a long period of time. You see that with bed-ridden people, for example, particularly the elderly where you will have what looks like a rash but usually the next thing that happens is a bed sore develops.

Knowing what it is, naturally, could possibly provide a little insight into where she was, what her captors did, something about the captors, or even something about their purpose or motive. I expect like many things we will be extremely lucky if we ever find out.

<snip>

Yes, gangs do terrible things. Gang initiation is absolutely a thing.

But gangs do not kidnap 34 year old white, married women and hold them captive for 22 days, then release them. Could it have been a gang initiation gone wrong? Perhaps the plan was to hold her for a day and beat her, then release her, but they kept her when they realized how much attention the case was getting? It's possible, but not likely.

For staters, why would they release her? It's much easier to kill her. Also, gangs don't typically abduct middle aged white women with families, because they are smart enough to know that in the USA, white women get much more media attention than the people the gangs typically target (immigrants, people of color), and gangs hate unwanted attention.

Gangs are actually quite smart in how they approach crime. They go after low hanging fruit, it's a volume business (money, money, money), and they hate attention. Everything about this case is the exact opposite of what gangs would do.

I agree. Gang initiations usually involve stuff the gang does to you, like making you drink urine. Or they may have you do something to a member of another gang. But they don't have you do something to some random innocent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It could be an allergic reaction to something. Maybe a chemical? A latex allergy if the captors had gloves on maybe? Maybe some form of "rug burn"?

Perhaps a drug of some kind as some side effects of drugs can result in what looks like a rash such as a penicillin reaction. It could also be from a fungal infection, something like ringworm, or some kind or a bacterial infection.

It is also possible that it is from being in the same position for a long period of time. You see that with bed-ridden people, for example, particularly the elderly where you will have what looks like a rash but usually the next thing that happens is a bed sore develops.

Knowing what it is, naturally, could possibly provide a little insight into where she was, what her captors did, something about the captors, or even something about their purpose or motive. I expect like many things we will be extremely lucky if we ever find out.
Scabies possibly

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk

Scabies possibly

That's possible, but not likely, as there is a 2-6 week incubation period for scabies. My first thought was carpet burns, but there are so many possibilities.

There is no telling of motives. Sometimes things dont have logical order or make sense. The only predictable thing is, humans are not always predictable in behaviours.

[video=youtube;KF7VP1nqf-U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KF7VP1nqf-U[/video]

About 30 seconds in.

She had a metal, uh sorry, a chain around her waist . .

ETA after listening repeatedly he may have said the word "middle" and not metal. As in he was trying to relay that she had a chain around her middle and then decided midsentence he was wording things poorly and restarted to specify that there was a chain around her waist.

ETA after listening repeatedly he may have said the word "middle" and not metal. As in he was trying to relay that she had a chain around her middle and then decided midsentence he was wording things poorly and restarted to specify that there was a chain around her waist.

Agree that he possibly said middle instead of metal. It was definitely one of the two, and the intent is clear - he is simply describing what was around her waist.

The official transcript of the interview omitted the "misspeak" by the way. It just says, "She had a chain around her waist."

You would think her clothing would yield fibers from the SUV. At least we might get a better idea of the make if not model.

Either way if its a chain, it was probably metal

Sent from my hammer_S using Tapatalk

Is it relevant? Not sure myself. Nobody is perfect and an experienced public speaker. He has been traumatized as well. No one is going to act or react in a way that is going to satisfy everyone's opinion or satisfy everybody's suspicion. I realize understanding why to get the who. There may be no logical reason for the abduction. Opportunity they say provides the chance. Circumstances result. I would like to see a facts as we know them outline. This is a complicated case. Much does not make since to many. All speculation is just that without actual facts. To be good at sleuthing to me is to dig into data and accurate info. This is a very private matter for a family. Intrusive. To protect is priority for family. To solve is to bring justice.

I hope that there will be a conclusion to this. Unforanately for Sherri it will be with her forever. I am an assault survivor (which only lasted less than an hour) and it haunts me. I pray she is able to find peace

I agree. Gang initiations usually involve stuff the gang does to you, like making you drink urine. Or they may have you do something to a member of another gang. But they don't have you do something to some random innocent.

i dont think this has anything to do with gangs, but they do have members assault/kill random innocent people to prove themselves. what they dont do is have them kidnap random people for a few weeks then let them go.

What was the phisical/mental condition of the victim when she was released ? Probably pretty bad. I wonder if they are questioning her reliability on some of the facts, This could throw everything off. Many victims need time to truly remember correctly.

Actually, I think the opposite is true. What she hasn't been able to communicate right now, and "remembers" later, will not likely be as true as the things she said the first couple hours.

Brains try to make sense of things, and in doing so, fill in the "gaps" in the memory with false information. It happened on this very board a couple days ago - there was a discussion as to whether Keith had said she was held in a basement, and many (myself included) strongly felt we had heard Keith say that very thing. I didn't post that I had a strong memory of hearing his voice say that, but others did. It turns out - no, he didn't say she was in a basement. That information came out in a rag newspaper around the time of his interview. So voila, there it goes into the brain as a clear memory of hearing Keith say basement. Although he never did.

Any "memories" she recalls now, that she was unable to recall later, are tainted by her brain working to process the information.

i dont think this has anything to do with gangs, but they do have members assault/kill random innocent people to prove themselves. what they dont do is have them kidnap random people for a few weeks then let them go.

I don't know enough about gangs to have an opinion if this was gang related, but I doubt anyone would keep a captive for three weeks unless there was some sort of payoff. It costs money to feed someone - SP wasn't fed much as we know she lost weight, but she was feed something in order to be alive after three weeks.

Which brings to mind something that has been brought up before but not discussed too much (that I recall). Could she have been held by someone who had a bunker? The area seems to have a population of preppers. A bunker would feel like a basement, and there would likely be a stash of food already prepared so there wouldn't be an additional outlay of money to feed a captive person.

Just a thought. Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member