Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of scrutiny of my comment on where I was told SP was dropped off. I'm not picking on KaaBoom by quoting him/her here, just using this post as a reference, so please don't take offense.

First, looking at a picture and trying to make judgements on what SP could or could not see is likely counter productive. The photos you are examining looking down the road probably takes in a 5-10 degree field of view at best. SP could turn her head and has a much wider field of view. From the house area west of I5 one could simply turn your head and see the lights of the traffic on I-5 to the SouthEast. That plus the noise= freeway in that direction -->

In regard to the church video, my recollection was that the Sheriff said nothing was seen on the video, perhaps I'm mistaken. It was also he that stated she "walked" to the church. When SP told me the story it was "ran".

OK! I will believe "ran" since you say that you heard that DIRECTLY from the VICTIM. Thanks. JMO

I think because they did not go missing from 'the very same spot.'
Oh from same area. I ran across on in like '96 I think that looked exactly like her down to the unusual teeth

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk

Yolo Wing House - anyone know the hours of this place? All night/24 hours?

Are there any 24 hour restaurants/bars/Walgreens/CVS etc in the area where the dark SUV was in the vicinity of?

Any possibility the SUV made a stop between the time they left their starting point on the way to their destination?

Or more than one stop?

If so I imagine it is part of LE ongoing investigation.

Oh from same area. I ran across on in like '96 I think that looked exactly like her down to the unusual teeth

They have a pretty clear idea who was responsible for the disappearance in the 96 incident. And I don't think the POI has the same motive in this case. And LE did look closely at him. JMO

OMG
ok Thanks Milly and Grace.....Everyone needs to read this log carefully to see if they are seeing what I am seeing in the dates referenced with the extra information.

The 11/12 information is including information from 11/2 and guess what......

This sounds to me that a person got "information" that she was being held in a storage container by a man way back on 11/2.

And guess what.....

This person does not want to work with LE.

Who does this sound like?

I think this call log and the 11/2 information and the 11/12 information speaks for itself.

LE should have solved this case if what I am reading is what I think it is.

An arrest should have been made by now.

I would imagine this was checked out...or could have been a prank...which day was Kayla B found? IIRC very near the same date...could be wrong.

A followup was done as a welfare check on 11/8/16 regarding the report made on 11/2. I don't think reports it has anything to do with SP.

It's on page 11 of the shasta sheriff reports from 11/8/16.

I havent found the 11/8 part yet but the 11/2 and 11/12 parts definitely are related because it has our missing person's name under "subject" at top.
The 11/2 included information was apended (by LE i assume) to the 11/12 report because it was related.

mp = missing person
rp = reporting person

Does anyone know for sure she was discharged the same day from the hospital? Victims such as she would be placed under a false name to hide their identity from an assailant. They may have said she was discharged to throw off anyone knowing her hospital care or where she was being care at.

Based on the 20/20 interview by KP: the kids running to her and all having a family snuggle the very next day, I would think not possible; but I could be wrong and yes, I can live with that. ;)

I know a map has been created and is being updated, but I'm not understanding the importance of the exact spot of SP. Like, if she was actually standing 30 yards away in a different spot how does that change the case?

I don't recall anyone trying to determine where she was standing...just the general area where she was dropped off and/or found. IMO

Sleuthing is tedious!

They have a pretty clear idea who was responsible for the disappearance in the 96 incident. And I don't think the POI has the same motive in this case. And LE did look closely at him. JMO
Looked alot like her though for sure

Lots of scrutiny of my comment on where I was told SP was dropped off. I'm not picking on KaaBoom by quoting him/her here, just using this post as a reference, so please don't take offense.

First, looking at a picture and trying to make judgements on what SP could or could not see is likely counter productive. The photos you are examining looking down the road probably takes in a 5-10 degree field of view at best. SP could turn her head and has a much wider field of view. From the house area west of I5 one could simply turn your head and see the lights of the traffic on I-5 to the SouthEast. That plus the noise= freeway in that direction -->

In regard to the church video, my recollection was that the Sheriff said nothing was seen on the video, perhaps I'm mistaken. It was also he that stated she "walked" to the church. When SP told me the story it was "ran".

It was not based on one picture. I just posted the picture for others to see what the area looks like. I have looked at every section of that road in Streetview. There is no view of the Interstate on that entire road, until you are right on top of the entrance ramps, and the camera on the Google car is on top of a tower, so it gives a much farther view then a person would have walking.

Questions:

1. What direction was the car traveling before SP was pushed out of the car?

2. Did the car make any right or left turns, or U-turns just before putting SP out?

3. How long were they traveling before SP was pushed out of the car?

This is very important information for determining the location where SP might have been held.

I would imagine this was checked out...or could have been a prank...which day was Kayla B found? IIRC very near the same date...could be wrong.
There was that and also a vacant home that the bed was messed up and long blonde hair on it. Read the police logs and you get a good idea of crime in that area. Alot of drug, theft, family disturbances. Pretty active

Yolo Wing House - anyone know the hours of this place? All night/24 hours?

Are there any 24 hour restaurants/bars/Walgreens/CVS etc in the area where the dark SUV was in the vicinity of?

Any possibility the SUV made a stop between the time they left their starting point on the way to their destination?

Or more than one stop?

If so I imagine it is part of LE ongoing investigation.

Yup. I noticed Yolo Wing House. 4:30'ish am. maybe employees on kitchen duty, getting ready for the turkeyless customers?

I'm not understanding the importance of pinpointing the exact spot SP was walking or standing. Unless one is looking for buried treasure or is into geocaching, what difference does it make if she was walking 10 ft over to the left or 50 ft back to the right or walked in a circle? Is there doubt that she was really left in the area where she was found?

LE already has and knows the important bits--they know where she was left by her abductor(s), they know where she ended up flagging vehicles down, I'm sure they looked for any cameras along the path she would have walked/ran/jogged or stood both as she was taken and especially where she ended up on Thanksgiving.
I know it seems like unimportant minutiae. However, if her exact release location (within a small range) can be known and her movements are known we can then ask better questions. Not the least of which is whether or not there is any indication that the person that released Sherri was familiar with that location. There are no services at that exit. The only reasons to get off at that exit are either you live there or somewhere via 17, you know someone that lives there or off 17, you are lost, you have no other choice. That presumes, of course, if travel to the release site was at least for some distance on the interstate and that may not be the case. But if it isn't the case then that could suggest familiarity with that area if they were traversing the rural roads.

It is also possible that it was just an arbitrary place to drop Sherri off. But choosing that location absent knowledge of the area might mean that the person that dropped her off had the situational awareness to choose a no services area, easy on, easy off access to I-5. It is not for nothing that there are large fields just west of where Lake16 had indicated a release location. Leaving her there, rather than closer to homes would have provided more time to be further away before Sherri would have help.

Whatever decisions made by Sherri after her release may not matter at all but knowing what happened immediately prior to and during and after the release can tell us something about at least one of the people involved in this crime.

Does anyone have a link handy regarding this call log to LE that gives us any idea where this report of someone being held location is at?

If we could find storage units from google maps then we may be able to pinpoint the storage unit where the report originated.

I don't have the log. But, it would be good to know what time the call was made as well. If it was made early a.m. 11/2, SP couldn't have been there given we have a confirmed 9:00 a.m. sighting in Redding.

At least I think that sighting by the neighbor was confirmed. :waitasec:

Just want to clear this up - sorry I keep falling behind: The Log: (Starting on Page 1 - 2)

http://www.co.shasta.ca.us/docs/Sheriff/daily-logs/11-12-2016.pdf?sfvrsn=2 (It was 11/12 not 11/2)

11/12/16 received 359; dispatched 420; arrived 432; cleared 720

"FOLLOW UP"
GRAY ROCK RD/WONDERLAND BL
Then they list 7 Sheriffs, Sherri's name / clothing and Tan Chevy Suburban w/ 3 possible plate numbers

So they stayed 3 hours and 7 Sheriffs are listed on the call.

IMO they checked it out pretty good.

Why even drop her off at that spot, anyway? There are businesses there, a church, these places have security cameras, employees, guards. Even at night it's possible to drive by a light and a camera can catch you, and more expensive cameras have decent night coverage, as well. You just never know, so why risk it at all?

Why not just drop her off on a rural backroad, a long way from any possible witnesses, cameras, anything. If she has to walk for miles, or gets lost, I hardly think her abductors would care, based on how she was treated, right? The drop off spot makes absolutely no sense, it's a major and needless risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966