Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its incredible the amount of crime and police incidents in that area. It sounds as bad as a huge major city like LA or something. Really sad for Shasta county.
Believe a prison is in the vicinity. So on release, into community

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk

7 deputies for 3 hours -- it does look like LE was all over that tip. Too bad it doesn't appear to have been useful.

Thank you for the links, Steleman -- helped a lot.

(But, now I'm cross-sighted and worried about the 14-year-old whose neighbor threatened to shoot his dog and then threw feces at the family car!)
Believe they may have been overwhelmed by the calls

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk

It seems to be a digital-age perfect crime, at least so far. Careful planning or blind luck?

I don't live in the US any longer, but in just about any decent sized European city, it's impossible to drive to the store for milk without being recorded by multiple security cameras. There is no way two people were able to abduct her by car, drive out of Redding, and not be detected by some security system somewhere. Same for when they released her. There has to be a record of something, somewhere.

If Sherri were dropped there, that close to I-5S it would be risky for the person releasing her at that location and it would beg the question of why Sherri didn't stay there and flag down southbound traffic. There was a decent amount of traffic coming through the area considering that dozens of callers reported someone on the side of the highway after seeing her on the northbound side.

LE was at location #1 for some reason. Everything flows as you depict on the map from what was described about the release. The exact location of her release seems to be one of those details being kept secret for no good reason.

Maybe they pulled down to the dead end, turned around, and released her on 97F/B . It's pretty isolate there. I just don't see pulling off of the freeway, on the exit, and pushing someone out, even at that time of the a.m. Too much chance of being seen. It would also account for the unwelcoming or uninhabited home that she was said to have tried as well as the junkyard. There is a home like structure on 97F / B across from the "junkyard" Ensign Drilling location, then she could continue walking up to Hwy 17, then take a left, and cross the overpass, go to the church, no luck there, then back up to Hwy 17, and head down the ramp to flag a driver. It would be about a 1.25 mile total walk. With adrenaline pumping, and in good physical condition when the abduction occurred, that's not out of the realm of possibility.

My understanding is that she was dropped off on 17 not far from some dark houses a bit west of the drilling company which I speculate is what she thought was a wrecking yard in the dark and in her disoriented state. When she was picked up she was North of the intersection on I-5, not South as your location 4 shows. She didn't know exactly where she was, but she somehow knew she was South of Redding. According to a family member she went North on the on ramp because she knew home was to the North and she ran, not just walked, to a streetlight on I-5 in an attempt to be more visible as she was trying to flag down vehicles.

Bless her heart. She was probably terrified the abductor might come back. I'd be flagging down vehicles too wanting to get the hell out of there.

I don't live in the US any longer, but in just about any decent sized European city, it's impossible to drive to the store for milk without being recorded by multiple security cameras. There is no way two people were able to abduct her by car, drive out of Redding, and not be detected by some security system somewhere. Same for when they released her. There has to be a record of something, somewhere.

Whatever happened to SP, there probably is surveillance video of a vehicle transporting her from point A to point B and drop-off. But, without a vehicle model, color, license plate, the time frame for transport, and the location of point B..........it's like looking for a needle in a haystack (even if SP wasn't hidden in the vehicle).

I'm hoping LE has gathered evidence from computer data, cell data, and/or SP which can help them narrow the search field.

Some property owners/realtors keep surveillance services as a way to deter vandalism.

Some insurance companies require surveillance services on closed properties in order to keep
them insured (re: fire etc.)

You didn't miss a lot, while you were away. This case is very, very cold.

I don't think so, AzPistons and KaaBoom. I think LE has made progress, we just don't know it. They're looking for an airtight case, as they should.

Ok guys, I've found some resources.
Shasta county has a weekly most wanted list. You can google it to find it ,( im on my kindle and cant post links).
HOWEVER; of great interest is ANOTHER missing blonde 44 years old. The record searchlight is on facebook and shows her post as of today. They also list the most wanted .
I can get links to all of these in awhile but if someone has time and can beat me to my desktop I would appreciate it.

Also http://shastamugshots.com/ I think other counties have the same. with an option to search crimes.

But the YOLO area, where she was released, is very small, rural, and not very populated. I don't think there are many cameras around that part of town. There are a lot of areas in California that don't have many security cams set up. In the urban centers, there are a lot of them. But in the vast swatches of rural farmlands, they would be found around the farmhouses and barns and equipment areas. But there would be long stretches of roads where they would be none. And a lot of the cameras on the farms are motion sensored. And one might need to come closer to the home and up the drive to be turned on.

They did have some videos of the area she was abducted. But as far as I know, they have not found a suv that she can identify as the perps car.

Ok guys, I've found some resources.
Shasta county has a weekly most wanted list. You can google it to find it ,( im on my kindle and cant post links).
HOWEVER; of great interest is ANOTHER missing blonde 44 years old. The record searchlight is on facebook and shows her post as of today. They also list the most wanted .
I can get links to all of these in awhile but if someone has time and can beat me to my desktop I would appreciate it.

Interesting how the article lists her disappearance as "non suspicious." She is also listed as having brown hair/eyes. It seems that there are so many missing persons there lately.

I've been a lurker, but I have a thought. Should we also be looking out for any news stories of murders of Hispanic women in the time since Sherri returned? I wonder if maybe the woman that released her will be punished or killed.

Also, hello.

Interesting how the article lists her disappearance as "non suspicious." She is also listed as having brown hair/eyes. It seems that there are so many missing persons there lately.
I seen that too, but her picture shows blonde hair.

Lots of scrutiny of my comment on where I was told SP was dropped off. I'm not picking on KaaBoom by quoting him/her here, just using this post as a reference, so please don't take offense.

First, looking at a picture and trying to make judgements on what SP could or could not see is likely counter productive. The photos you are examining looking down the road probably takes in a 5-10 degree field of view at best. SP could turn her head and has a much wider field of view. From the house area west of I5 one could simply turn your head and see the lights of the traffic on I-5 to the SouthEast. That plus the noise= freeway in that direction -->

In regard to the church video, my recollection was that the Sheriff said nothing was seen on the video, perhaps I'm mistaken. It was also he that stated she "walked" to the church. When SP told me the story it was "ran".
Just smh about scrutiny or judgment of your posts. I went to streetview and had no trouble at all seeing the southbound onramp and across I-5 from the intersection of CR17 and 96B. I realize the height of the google car camera is 8'2", but I still think the vehicle lights from the interstate would be readily visible... and I have no doubt the highway noise would have been audible from at least a half mile away.
https://www.google.com/maps/@38.735...4!1sQNYygk6NZpGkHqMg7CE9FA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

I've been a lurker, but I have a thought. Should we also be looking out for any news stories of murders of Hispanic women in the time since Sherri returned? I wonder if maybe the woman that released her will be punished or killed.

Also, hello.

Hi apk4

Good thought
Another possibility is one of the women got arrested for something or injured/hospitalized (maybe the week of Thanksgiving) so the other woman released Sherri because she couldn't hold her without help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper