Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #22

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Something stuck out for me as I read a couple of links to news reports a few pages back. Each stated the husband used the phone locator app, but none mentioned he attempted to call her before doing so. If that is the case, I think it is extremely strange. Placing a call would be my first action rather than trying to trace the person by their phone locator.

:seeya: Exactly ! And LE definitely knows IF KP tried to call SP BEFORE using the iPhone locator app.

:gaah: Oh how I wish LE would release KP and SP's cell phone records !

Wth. Who carries around a brand like that?

Besides ransom cases the only other kidnapping where a person is let go alive, involve domestic violence hostage situations or sexual assault kidnappings. None of that applied here.

Yes, the Denise Huskins kidnapping case occurred and it was bizarre. It involved a crazy person who fancied himself some underworld character.

However, that case involved a ransom demand. AND sexual assault.

And just because there was one case that involved a kidnapping which most thought was a hoax but wasn't, doesn't mean a rule is created that we can logically apply to this one.

The odds of two cases involving bizarre facts, that people thought got were hoaxes but weren't, both within months of each other in the same state? I wouldn't take that bet.

A rancher; to brand animals. Cattle usually.

Seriously, though, about the brand. If you look up the topic of cattle branding, there are specific letters and symbols that are unique to that industry. It's like it's own alphabet except our normal ABC's can be reversed or can even be upside down.

A rancher typically comes up with the brand he's going to use and then has a branding iron custom made. Brands usually have to be registered in your county for livestock ID reasons. So it's easily traceable.

I'm sure that is not what we're dealing with in this case. This is somebody heating up some piece of metal over a flame and then trying to apply it freehand to SP. And of course she is going to jerk and flinch. Hence the "obscure" letters. It's not the letters don't have meaning - they're likely just illegible. It would be like trying to decipher a toddler's letter to Santa that he wrote with a broken crayon on the back of a napkin.

In above video..

LE concerned about how vague her memory is in the minutes and hours leading up to her abduction

BBM: Leading UP TO her abduction ? Really ? :rolleyes:

:thinking: So wait ... I thought SP was wrapping gifts prior to her "abduction."

From People:

He [KP] says he became worried when he arrived home from his job at Best Buy that night to find neither Sherri nor their two children, who Sherri usually picked up from child care.

During his search of the house, Keith says he found a partially wrapped present addressed to him from his wife and two kids. “She must have been wrapping her presents,” he says. “It is like an American flag pillow that she more than likely she made it. It wasn’t here when I left, so I know that she must have been working on that."

Link: http://people.com/crime/missing-sherri-papini-update-husband-keith-interview/

LE concerned about how vague her memory is in the minutes and hours leading up to her abduction

KP figuring out SP was wrapping a present is not her memory.

The act of branding is a message. It sends a message. It doesn't matter what the brand itself reflects. The message is you're owned.

I think he meant the brand was not a symbol. That’s what he said.

maybe KP can remind her she was wrapping a gift before she was abducted, and that may "jog" her memory as to what else she might have been doing then.

Have we ever heard from any of the staff at the daycare? Were they the last people to see SP?

Maybe LE will do an update on the anniversary of SP's reappearance...

I realize that at a certain point we have to keep coming up with so many explanations to make the inconsistencies fit a kidnapping scenario. However, I never believed the husband's story that he found the phone in that condition and took a picture of it before picking it up.

I think there were issues in that marriage and I think that he was trying to catch her doing something so he immediately scrolled through that phone before he did anything else.

Or maybe he is trying to cover up something he was doing that she found out about. The closer attention I pay to the husband's statements and stories, the more I realize something is off and that something may be him. The communication to the Michigan man could have been to help Sherri get out of a tough situation with the husband. The branding could be an attempt to cover up a scar or something that would indicate past abuse. Also perhaps the branding is not by heat but some rudimentary tattoo. Just some thoughts...

Where did you see this originally?

I really don't remember. I thought it was stated back when the interview took place. Does anyone else recall?

ETA - maybe it was another reporter who brought the story to Gutman....

KP figuring out SP was wrapping a present is not her memory.

maybe KP can remind her she was wrapping a gift before she was abducted, and that may "jog" her memory as to what else she might have been doing then.

:seeya:

JMO but I do not believe that SP has a "vague memory" of what she was doing prior to her abduction ... I believe SP knows exactly what she was doing prior to her "abduction."

From my original post on the "gift wrapping":

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From People:

He [KP] says he became worried when he arrived home from his job at Best Buy that night to find neither Sherri nor their two children, who Sherri usually picked up from child care.

During his search of the house, Keith says he found a partially wrapped present addressed to him from his wife and two kids. “She must have been wrapping her presents,” he says. “It is like an American flag pillow that she more than likely she made it. It wasn’t here when I left, so I know that she must have been working on that."

Link: http://people.com/crime/missing-sher...ith-interview/
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1st BBM: Per KP, he says he found a "partially wrapped present."

My question is why would you decide to go for a jog while you are in the process of wrapping a gift? Makes no sense, IMO ... wouldn't you at least finish the gift you are wrapping, then go for a jog ? JMO but I like to finish tasks before moving on to other things, but hey, that's me.

2nd BBM: And per KP "more than likely she [SP] made it." :rolleyes: JMO but this is just more over the top drama rama from KP.

:moo:

Excellent. Thank you. I'm trying to reconcile earlier statements about Sherri approaching other "houses," yet none are really there. And her checking out the Kingdom Hall, yet she seems to just bolt IMMEDIATELY BACK, after coming to the side-front of the Hall, to the direction she came from. Why would she go BACK to where the kidnapper(s) just dropped her off? I'd be hiding in a bush, trying to regroup.

BBM: Leading UP TO her abduction ? Really ? :rolleyes:

:thinking: So wait ... I thought SP was wrapping gifts prior to her "abduction."

From People:

Link: http://people.com/crime/missing-sherri-papini-update-husband-keith-interview/

BBM in red-This stands out to me as I don't normally put the tag on the present until AFTER I finish wrapping it. How and where would you put it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member