Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope. Missy Bevers (case still unsolved) was using linkedin to carry on with men.
I learned in that case that it is a somewhat popular way for people to have conversations on the downlow.
Who knew?

But why would SP have a linkedin account? Did anyone find one for her when she first went missing? I'm just not sure how she'd meet a random guy in Michigan via linkedin.

I have PTSD after being in a relationship turned into forcible confinement. Age 15-20. The abuse was intense and there was also torture and many people ended up charged. It's been nearly 13 years and I am still on a ton of medications as a result, I still have horrible flashbacks and nightmares without medications. If I talk about things I am often very disassociative, as if I am seeing it like I would a movie rather then a genuine memory. I have experienced it all, from suicide attempts, self-harm, violent outbursts (generally towards myself but verbally aggressive) and so on. When I was only a year after escaping, I was literally locked away in my house only leaving to go to therapy, I had dogs for protection and lived on 300 acres very well hidden. Some details I remembered perfectly, like colors, smells, times of year, etc, but other things like actual traumatic events are what have come back while I sleep.

IMO
I don't find the way SP seems to be hiding or anything like that in the least bit abnormal from the perspective of a victim.

I read and I think 'what on earth?' and then I realize my own story was a "what on earth?" for most people, including LE, at that time.

Her communication would be affected IMO by the shame she feels in her own skin. She may not have been sexually assaulted, but there simply isn't a part of the brain that knows the pain from rape from the pain from other torturous acts. It all registers the same.

She has been marked (defiled) in being branded. We don't know if the hose clamps left scars on her. She remembers the pain and the fear, just like any victim would. If she is like me, she likely still wakes up and can feel what I call "phantom chains". I often feel them on my wrists, ankles and even waist (despite rarely being bound around the waist).

Those things act JUST like rape (at least in my PTSD head) and are often more shameful to speak about then other things. Every time you retell your story, especially when being questioned, you feel like you are re-living it, a victim all over again as it plays in your head like a movie.

I know there are plenty of people who don't believe her and that's definitely up to you. I do believe her likely for the very reasons you don't -the story is simply insane and seems to lack sense. The world I have escaped from does give me a very logical reason for what may have caused this for her.

ALL of this is MOO based on my experience as a survivor. If the story does turn out to be a lie, then I have no clue how she is thinking, and as a survivor would be very insulted by someone making this sort of thing up, as crying wolf happens so often that it has made the justice system be rather unkind to those of us who really were hurt.

Again, JMO and I hope it helps someone understand the survivor mindset a bit!

Marisa, I am very sorry this happened to you, I can relate in a way, but in no way am I comparing my abduction with your years of trauma and horror.
I was abducted and held in a locked room for what seemed like days, but was really hours before and after the sexual assault. How many hours, I do not know, but I managed to escape as soon as I could because I was going to be party favors for about 20 males that were there in the midst of a party. Even though I had been held at gunpoint, I did not care anymore if I got shot and if he did shoot me, it was going to be in my back b/c once I was able to get free I was not stopping for anything, especially his glock 9mm.

I never told anyone and it took me 7 years before I was able to tell my husband and the shame was and is still looming and the PTSD, which I already had from years of abuse from ex husband, abandonment issues from mum and other traumas in my life.
I even had a psychiatrist cry like a baby upon hearing my story, and he even had me tell it again so he could video me and my story for educational purposes, ugh.

Marisa, thank you for not giving up on yourself and for sharing and having such courage to help others as well as yourself.

I do not understand how and why so many consider HEROES to be rappers & athletes who continue to stay in trouble/jail, and others in the spotlight for no reason other than their lack of morals and self respect.
I consider HEROES to be those who help bring awareness and change to the sick, and the poor as well as equal rights for everyone, our Soldiers/LEO who have and continue to keep us safe and free, and Survivors, like Marisa and the other survivors here at Websleuths and through out the world.
JMO

But why would SP have a linkedin account? Did anyone find one for her when she first went missing? I'm just not sure how she'd meet a random guy in Michigan via linkedin.

Why wouldn't she have one? She worked in the corporate world for a while. I'm a woman and I have random men request to "link" to me from time to time on LinkedIn.

Why wouldn't she have one? She worked in the corporate world for a while. I'm a woman and I have random men request to "link" to me from time to time on LinkedIn.

I think if she had one we would have found it.

KRCR reported that "Shasta County Sheriff Tom Bosenko said he was "blindsided" by Keith Papini's statement".

http://www.krcrtv.com/news/local/sh...appointed-by-keith-papini-statement/191592075
Perhaps LE had already let KP know they didn’t believe the story, and KP giving this interview was to garner sympathy for SP, himself, and the situation. Divulging case secrets about her injuries out of anger, with a “get them before they get us” flavor.

Really, there are many ways to meet and connect with potential partners online. I know folks who hooked up via the chat feature of Words With Friends.

Linkedin: It's a platform, that's all. She could have one under any name she made up. It's a place some people go to have convos they don't want detected. Not saying she did this at all, just saying that if you want to message undetected, it's really quite easy. I had one friend who found out the 'bow hunting' message board her husband belonged to was just a cover for the PM section he was conversing with his girlfriend through.
Heck, someone could use the WS pm system to carry on, under any made up name, email, etc.
As for actually meeting Mr. Michigan there, she didn't necessarily have to. It was stated that he was someone from her past. He could have known about the Linkedin message thingy, had her make an account, and viola!
There are plenty of crafty ways for cheaters to cheat.

I could not agree with this post more.
It is completely an individual thing as far as talking about it goes, and in my experience, even varies within each person at different times.

I would think that she does remember things, but maybe cannot speak them. Even to those closest to her or even to herself. She may be pushing all of this experience she had (if true) right out of her thoughts.
Maybe she never will tell her whole story to anyone, maybe she will at some point, who knows?
Trust me, a year isn't long enough to expect someone to be 'over' a truly traumatic experience.
All my opinion, of course.

BBM;
I don't imagine a year can come even close to long enough to even come around enough to start remembering painful details. I wonder if the silence of LE is to give the case time out of the daily news and focus on healing. I am sure LE has access to professionals who can advise them in that respect. I would think before a year the story would have collapsed in on itself it it was totally phony.
Someone else was involved, someone else transported her, someone else fed and housed her for 3 weeks. If someone else came into some money suddenly someone would notice that. JMO

It was reported that Sherri has been getting therapy as one would expect.If that is not true I expect that LE would know that through surveillance.
In an interview that will air Tuesday, he told Hansen: 'She's having a tough time. She can't be around any strangers. She's seeing some counselors a couple of times a week and she is just struggling.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...g-tough-time-coping-kidnap.html#ixzz4yqK2cLbX

I often wonder, if it is a true story, could SP have a safe place in her mind that she goes to that gives her at least a feeling of power or control That regardless of the actual trauma, her head brings her back to this place where she imagines she has power, fights back, slams heads and etc..Some older traumas as in childhood where she let go and went into her safe place and beat up the mean girls or some such thing while enduring some kind of abuse. Or along those lines.

I know nothing about PTSD and for those who shared their stories I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. And thank you so much.

Perhaps LE had already let KP know they didn’t believe the story, and KP giving this interview was to garner sympathy for SP, himself, and the situation. Divulging case secrets about her injuries out of anger, with a “get them before they get us” flavor.

No need to invent a rationale (and one that flies in the face of the facts) when a perfectly good one is provided in the article. He wasn’t responding to LE (who canvased every inch of SP’s life, assessed the evidence, turned SP’s story inside and out — and concluded there was no reason to doubt her); he was responding to Internet and social media users who (despite not being real detectives and despite having few facts to work with) felt no compunction about leveling unsupported accusations about his wife, the victim of an abominable crime. Sure seems to explain his behavior.

Anyone can make one...and then make a profile. Maybe some people make it to suit the type of people they would like to meet, without joining dating sites. My friend who is a professional meets people on there all the time.

I seem to remember her having a LinkedIn account that I looked up in the beginning. It had her job for Att on it. Anyone know law remember that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:welcome: to Websleuths Tdot. :seeya:

Yes but I would imagine the police have checked all social media platforms for both of them

Where I am from originally Glasgow, UK. There was a gang called the Alien Abduction Squad who kidnapped people and robbed them. The victims had a good idea but all were vague to the police on who was responsible, hence the name AAS. They were known to slash people in the face so they would remember who done it and never tell Police.

Now I am not saying I believe Sherri but the only thing that would dovetail with her story is the Hispanic gang she beat up years ago (allegedly) returned for revenge. Branded as a warning. Billion to one odds of that having happened IMHO.

What I think happened is they staged it for the go fund me purposes and attention.

ummmm I would help pay for that ... who else is in? WS fundraiser? :rolleyes:;) SP be like :doh:

Sorry if this has come up before, but if they have DNA - supposedly from a female kidnapper -- couldn't they analyze it to narrow down the ethnicity even if there isn't a match in the system? I've done some ancestry DNA kits, and while they can't pinpoint a location of origin, they can tell whether a person's ancestry is predominantly Eastern European, African, Mediterranean, etc.

Wouldn't help in IDing the kidnapper, but it might either support or cast doubt on the "Latina" story.

Well there were... at one point, don't know their wherabouts now;

Four brothers say they were kidnapped and forced to work on marijuana farm in Northern California

Soooo..... it's not unheard of in a general sense. Maybe SP read about them.

It is unheard of. Those women are in jail/prison. They faced big time and are undocumented so they will be deported after they serve their sentences.

They never grabbed anyone off the street. They kept hired laborers against their will and refused to pay them. Then when the brothers of those laborers came to find out what was happening they forced them to stay as well and work for free.

There were never any Latina kidnappers running around threatening white women and grabbing citizens off the street.

I think we should be real about this situation and what the odds are that the public was ever at risk or that two Latina kidnappers are on the loose.

The fact is, undocumented persons are big targets for various crimes like sexual assault, fraud, trafficking, slavery. They are vulnerable people as they know they can be deported and are often not cognizant of their rights, the law, the language and are terrified of the government. So they are victimized routinely.

Nice little white mamas like SP are not.

It is unheard of. Those women are in jail/prison. They faced big time and are undocumented so they will be deported after they serve their sentences.

They never grabbed anyone off the street. They kept hired laborers against their will and refused to pay them. Then when the brothers of those laborers came to find out what was happening they forced them to stay as well and work for free.

There were never any Latina kidnappers running around threatening white women and grabbing citizens off the street.

I think we should be real about this situation and what the odds are that the public was ever at risk or that two Latina kidnappers are on the loose.

The fact is, undocumented persons are big targets for various crimes like sexual assault, fraud, trafficking, slavery. They are vulnerable people as they know they can be deported and are often not cognizant of their rights, the law, the language and are terrified of the government. So they are victimized routinely.

Nice little white mamas like SP are not.

Yes.all of that and well we know. I wonder... if she got the premise from that story and possibly adopted the description as well.

Even so it all spells mental illness to me.

I don't think it was linkedin. That is strictly for employment.
Don't be so sure. In the Missy Bevers case from Texas she used LinkedIN to communicate with other men. It is precisely because you said it is "strictly for employment' that people use such apps for those kinds of communications. Nobody thinks to look at them.

Don't be so sure. In the Missy Bevers case from Texas she used LinkedIN to communicate with other men. It is precisely because you said it is "strictly for employment' that people use such apps for those kinds of communications. Nobody thinks to look at them.

KP strikes me as the kind of guy who would check everything.

I seem to remember her having a LinkedIn account that I looked up in the beginning. It had her job for Att on it. Anyone know law remember that?

Yes. She had a LinkedIN account. I suppose it no longer exists.

If I’m not mistaken, I think I read he's someone from her past. I don’t know if that means she once had a relationship with him in the past or if he's someone she went to school with and had recently reconnected with online, or what exactly.

I agree. I am curious about the change in info about SPs phone. Lake was adamant that LE found nothing of worth in her phone but now we know they traveled to Michigan to talk to the man she was texting.

Lake 16 was not someone who seemed willing to confirm the facts to us then, and surely not now. Many of us saw the inconsistencies very early on, and Lake actually tried to send us down a rabbit hole by sleuthing out Hispanics in certain cities who fit the profile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lamp