Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where is our verified insider on this case, Lake16? It would be great if they came back to answer some questions in light of the recent developments.

Lake16, are you still here with us?

I want to know why LE would share the info about SP's 'texting relationship' with the man from MI if they have cleared the man? What might be their purpose for sharing this info with the public?

It's a public shaming for both SP and KP, that's for sure. IMO, LE wanted to imply SP was having at least one affair, the texting relationship and possibly hinting that the DNA provider may have been another.

I think it's mostly to get KP (and likely his friends and family) to start questioning SP's story and maybe put some pressure on her.

I cannot think of any other reason why LE would publicly shame a true victim over something that seems pretty unrelated to what supposedly happened.

I want to know why LE would share the info about SP's 'texting relationship' with the man from MI if they have cleared the man? What might be their purpose for sharing this info with the public?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To show her character?

I don't care if the object in the photo is a glove or a bra or a pouch, there has to have been some evidence gleaned from it. DNA, fingerprints,fibers, labels and such would have to been found.

Why has LE failed to let us know what they know? If it's not related to this case they should tell us. If it is they should give us the results of testing or a good reason why not.

JMO

The public isn't entitled to any information at all. I'm always surprised that people think LE needs to tell us what they know or that there's no reason to hold back info. Of course there is. This is an official investigation. Revealing anything can destroy the integrity of the investigation. It's none of our business.

That's why they seemed appalled and surprised when KP went on national news and described SP's injuries in great, expressive detail. In fact, I wonder if that was part of causing them to question what the hell was going on.

In any event, they release what they feel they need to. Bottom line.

The public isn't entitled to any information at all. I'm always surprised that people think LE needs to tell us what they know or that there's no reason to hold back info. Of course there is. This is an official investigation. Revealing anything can destroy the integrity of the investigation. It's none of our business.

That's why they seemed appalled and surprised when KP went on national news and described SP's injuries in great, expressive detail. In fact, I wonder if that was part of causing them to question what the hell was going on.

I know this is true but I find myself feeling sometimes that we "deserve" some info. Obviously if there are Latina kidnappers on the loose we should be given sufficient info to be alert and protect ourselves. But if things are not as SP claims then I find myself wanting info because she...sucked us in and made us care? I don't know. It isn't rational but I feel like I got bait-and-switched and I want to what the heck is going on, ASAP😁😁

KRCR reported that "Shasta County Sheriff Tom Bosenko said he was "blindsided" by Keith Papini's statement".

http://www.krcrtv.com/news/local/sh...appointed-by-keith-papini-statement/191592075

KRCR reported that "Shasta County Sheriff Tom Bosenko said he was "blindsided" by Keith Papini's statement".

http://www.krcrtv.com/news/local/sh...appointed-by-keith-papini-statement/191592075

And now that the sheriff released the information about the male DNA, the Michigan man, and the CCTV footage of SP running around, I wonder if the P's feel a bit blindsided by the release of that information. It has the feel almost of "tit for tat."

Certainly our wanting more information doesn't trump the victim's rights, but the P's are responsible for bringing it to the public's attention with the reward money and the account. If the story of 2 female Mexican abductors is not true, then the table has turned and the P's are no longer innocent victims.

I must say I pondered in the beginning if this wasn't a tale of domestic abuse. He caught her in a lie or maybe with another man and literally beat the daylight out of her. Realized what he had done and decided he couldn't kill her, but couldn't have her show up with bruises head to toe either. Must keep up appearances type of situation. So he arranged for a distant friend to put her up until she healed and decided to make himself look good by meeting with CG and doing the reward for her safe return. He figures no harm, no foul, and still comes out smelling like a rose.

Maybe we will eventually get the whole story. Maybe there will be arrests. Just hoping at this point. It's all I have.

Sorry if this has come up before, but if they have DNA - supposedly from a female kidnapper -- couldn't they analyze it to narrow down the ethnicity even if there isn't a match in the system? I've done some ancestry DNA kits, and while they can't pinpoint a location of origin, they can tell whether a person's ancestry is predominantly Eastern European, African, Mediterranean, etc.

Wouldn't help in IDing the kidnapper, but it might either support or cast doubt on the "Latina" story.

Sorry if this has come up before, but if they have DNA - supposedly from a female kidnapper -- couldn't they analyze it to narrow down the ethnicity even if there isn't a match in the system? I've done some ancestry DNA kits, and while they can't pinpoint a location of origin, they can tell whether a person's ancestry is predominantly Eastern European, African, Mediterranean, etc.

Wouldn't help in IDing the kidnapper, but it might either support or cast doubt on the "Latina" story.
Interesting idea.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Good point. And hopefully, familial DNA matching will come into play too.

It's actually been done in a number of cases, but I don't know if LE would pursue it if they don't believe there was a crime committed (other than a false report). It has to be expensive.

ETA The technology exists to actually develop a picture from DNA...

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/sherif...o-murder-after-dna-composite-sketch-released/

http://www.fox5dc.com/news/local-ne...ct-composite-sketch-in-gaithersburg-rape-case

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/10/19/nyregion/dna-phenotyping-new-york-police.html

https://snapshot.parabon-nanolabs.com/

http://www.iflscience.com/health-and-medicine/police-use-dna-to-create-sketch-of-suspected-murderer/

https://www.nbcnews.com/mach/science/amazing-dna-tool-gives-cops-new-way-crack-cold-cases-ncna781946

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Getting a breakdown of genetic ancestry costs less than $100.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Certainly our wanting more information doesn't trump the victim's rights, but the P's are responsible for bringing it to the public's attention with the reward money and the account. If the story of 2 female Mexican abductors is not true, then the table has turned and the P's are no longer innocents victims.

I must say I pondered in the beginning if this wasn't a tale of domestic abuse. He caught her in a lie or maybe with another man and literally beat the daylight out of her. Realized what he had done and decided he couldn't kill her, but couldn't have her show up with bruises head to toe either. Must keep up appearances type of situation. So he arranged for a distant friend to put her up until she healed and decided to make himself look good by meeting with CG and doing the reward for her safe return. He figures no harm, no foul, and still comes out smelling like a rose.

Maybe we will eventually get the whole story. Maybe there will be arrests. Just hoping at this point. It's all I have.

This is an interesting theory I had not considered. Given the mental health history of SP, it would be a challenge to deal with as the spouse. In fact, it would not be uncommon for the spouse to develop his/her own set of emotional issues that could result in dysfunctional behavior. The outward storybook portrayal of the family’s life can also indicate how important appearances are to those who practice this type of online presence. As many of us know, it rarely matches the reality of the situation. A WS truth we have repeated often: no one really knows what goes on in a marriage except the 2 in it. And even then, one of them is frequently in the dark.

I am quite certain there are countless pieces of, well, things marked at potential crime scenes that may or may not end up in the background of a video that LE never comes out to explain to the public. Just because this particular piece marked - that may or may not even be related at all - generated pages of discussion on WS, doesn't mean that LE will ever address it.

I dont have time to search right now but I thought I remembered reading something early on they thought part of the investigation but ended up NOT. My mind might be playing tricks, but thought it was some clothing and something pink...???

I know this is true but I find myself feeling sometimes that we "deserve" some info. Obviously if there are Latina kidnappers on the loose we should be given sufficient info to be alert and protect ourselves. But if things are not as SP claims then I find myself wanting info because she...sucked us in and made us care? I don't know. It isn't rational but I feel like I got bait-and-switched and I want to what the heck is going on, ASAP����
. . .if there are Latina kidnappers on the loose, that my friend is the question. Who here or in Redding thinks there are Latina kidnappers on the loose? I would love to know.

I know this is true but I find myself feeling sometimes that we "deserve" some info. Obviously if there are Latina kidnappers on the loose we should be given sufficient info to be alert and protect ourselves. But if things are not as SP claims then I find myself wanting info because she...sucked us in and made us care? I don't know. It isn't rational but I feel like I got bait-and-switched and I want to what the heck is going on, ASAP[emoji16][emoji16]

More than anything, if this story turns out to be a scheme or hoax of some kind, I'll be beyond pissed about the waste of time and resources LE could have been using to help someone else who actually needed it.

Where is our verified insider on this case, Lake16? It would be great if they came back to answer some questions in light of the recent developments.

Lake16, are you still here with us?

I agree. I am curious about the change in info about SPs phone. Lake was adamant that LE found nothing of worth in her phone but now we know they traveled to Michigan to talk to the man she was texting.

I agree. I am curious about the change in info about SPs phone. Lake was adamant that LE found nothing of worth in her phone but now we know they traveled to Michigan to talk to the man she was texting.

I guess that shows that even verified insiders don’t know all of it. I’m sure LE isn’t showing any of their hole cards.

I don't remember if this was discussed. Was KP told of the texting with the Michigan man earlier or did he find out right before LE released the information to the public?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lamp