Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking of her when I saw the news of the fires but thought for sure this thread would be locked.

@Mosaic can you explain what you mean about this part

"My guess is because the details of SP "ordeal" are true"

I too believe it was all orchestrated, on her part. The hubby, not sure, actually i think not.

You know we need a kind of classics thread, this ones top for me. Of all the depraved horrible crap we read on here, this, well this..

@dalsglen What I meant is that there is truth on the details of what happened to her; but I agreed with you; it was orchestrated.

This has hit our Australian media tonight.

What really happened to abducted jogger Sherri Papini?

MYSTERY DNA CASTS DOUBT ON PAPINI’S STORY
When detectives investigated Ms Papini’s abduction case, they found DNA from two people — a man and a woman — during analysis of the clothes she was wearing.
It contradicts a central aspect of the California mother’s story: that she was kidnapped by two Hispanic women.

IT WAS one of the most bizarre abduction cases seen in recent years.
A young mum from northern California was out jogging in her quiet small town, when suddenly she vanished without a trace — only to re-emerge three weeks later on the side of a highway, battered, bruised and half-starved.

Two years on, we still don’t know exactly who was responsible for her abduction, or why they chose to kidnap her.
But a number of inconsistencies in her story led some to believe it was all an elaborate hoax.

I thought of Sherri yesterday while I was watching Dr. Phil. Did anyone else watch yesterday's episode? It was about a woman (also skinny and blonde and same age range) who concocted elaborate stories/lies about her life just to get attention.

I thought of Sherri yesterday while I was watching Dr. Phil. Did anyone else watch yesterday's episode? It was about a woman (also skinny and blonde and same age range) who concocted elaborate stories/lies about her life just to get attention.

Oh behave TTF, who would do such a thing ;)

Two years ago, cant quite believe its been so long

Aha, I saw the same one while waiting for a car repair, and you're quite right about the similarities!

People react differently to traima- its possible bits of suppressed memories come back slowly- and false memories created during traumatic events/after as a coping mechanism. This idea she overpowered her attacker in a situation where she is completely helpless, vulnerable, overpowered-and iirc wasn't beaten .. completely sounds like something a person would create a memory that helps them remember they were strong in that moment and had control.Also, not knowing the full details of what could have occurred- severe malnutrition? Drugging?head injury? It's possible for any of these events to "see/imagine/dream" etc something they feel was real.

_On the other hand fear may have her give half truths or half of the truth she may have been threatened not to tell identity or descriptive info - a lie satisfies LE /public/media proves she's not going to snitch
(Backfired)
_someone could have "outsourced" a staged kidnapping to beat some fear into her to threaten her into stopping whatever she was doing (garbage theory but b4 filing under never could happen I worked in a club owned by "Italian men" in the background hardly ever in the place , mousey housewives from out of town worked there 1-2x a week day shifts no one ever knew their "other side" and this was in a white bread , suburban, picket fence town unlikely again but also unlikely a person would willingly come home with the trauma she did when she could have called/claimed any other story and come home intact

Whew unnecessarily long post apologies..

I had a random thought about this case today. I wonder if the DNA was tested for ethnicity. It's obviously not a perfect science, but Papini did claim she was abducted by two Hispanic women. If the DNA from the man and woman collected from her clothes came back as English/Irish, that would be relevant to the investigation.

I had a random thought about this case today. I wonder if the DNA was tested for ethnicity. It's obviously not a perfect science, but Papini did claim she was abducted by two Hispanic women. If the DNA from the man and woman collected from her clothes came back as English/Irish, that would be relevant to the investigation.
They could take it a step further and just use a public DNA database like GEDMatch to track down whose DNA it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ColeTyler