Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Female sex slaves were branded with group leader's initials, say feds

The leader of a secretive New York group who allegedly coerced female followers into having sex with him and had their skin branded with his own initials has been arrested at a luxury beach condo in Mexico.

Keith Raniere of Albany, 57, has been charged with sex trafficking, sex trafficking conspiracy and forced labor conspiracy for allegedly enslaving members of the Nxivm community, an organization he founded as a self-help group.

In a criminal complaint, federal prosecutors in the Eastern District of New York say he would charge his followers up to $5,000 per session for courses in personal and professional development, and then when they were in debt, take their possessions as collateral. The complaint says that when women turned over collateral, which could include compromising pictures and damaging personal information, they would become "slaves."

View attachment 132084

More at the link: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crim...-feds/ar-BBKJOtn?li=BBnbfcL#image=BBKJOtn_1|2

I truly think this has nothing to do with SPs disappearance. I have faith that LE would have been able to identify SPs “brand” quickly if that was the case. Not to mention there would have been large sums of money missing from her/the family account(s). This theory has been discussed before and I personally do not think they are connected.

Those brands by the Nxivm leader were always in the pubic regions of the women.
SP's "brand" was on her shoulder, if I remember correctly.

I think IF the brand had been in the pubic region, as opposed to her shoulder, her story would be more credible. My belief is she got herself into a "situation" and whatever had been the plan, at some point, went downhill.

Jackson said Papini’s hair had been cut to shoulder length while she was abducted, and he revealed where Papini had been branded – her right shoulder.

The details of what was seared into her skin weren’t released. Detectives themselves are working to decipher what the brand says. Jackson said it contained “obscure letters,” and Papini has allowed detectives to use “alternate light sources and filters” to try to make out what the markings are.

http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/crime/article180824671.html

Looks to me like someone got 50k, no questions asked. That's what was raised right? Thru ?
Yes, I believe the netted them around $50k, perhaps a bit more. I'm not sure what the tax situation for something like this would be, but it makes me wonder if they had to pay taxes on this.

Anyway, it's a very strange tale indeed. Masked Latinas kidnapping for no apparent reason, branding her, keeping her alive and captive for weeks etc.

Very bizarre because most kidnapping are to either kill the individual or for financial gain. Of couse, neither was the case here.

Yes, I believe the netted them around $50k, perhaps a bit more. I'm not sure what the tax situation for something like this would be, but it makes me wonder if they had to pay taxes on this.

Anyway, it's a very strange tale indeed. Masked Latinas kidnapping for no apparent reason, branding her, keeping her alive and captive for weeks etc.

Very bizarre because most kidnapping are to either kill the individual or for financial gain. Of couse, neither was the case here.

They don’t have to pay taxes on it because it is mostly small donations. does take 10% IIRC

Do we know for certain there wasn't a ransom paid? Perhaps the condition of release was that if she disclosed details of any nature there would be severe retribution. Who knows.

From my amateur opinion and speculation armchair, I believe her 100%. She was found shackled, beaten, broken nose (I think?) and very malnourished. I think they kidnapped her thinking she was much younger and they could traffic her. I think given her age, etc., they opted for a ransom perhaps? I think she ultimately talked her captors in to letting her go. I don't think this was a small time organization, but a larger trafficking syndicate.

She is very, very lucky to be alive, but I suspect her persistent lobbying was ultimately why she was released.
I wish her and her family the very best, and that she has made progress in healing. What a survivor.

In 2003, Sherri wrote in a Skinhead magazine (yes, a Skinhead magazine) that some “ Hispanic girl-gang” harassed and attacked her in Lake Shasta City. Anyone who knew anything about the area knows that there were no “Hispanic girls-gangs” in Lake Shasta City. It was something she made up. I guess wanna be tough girls from Shithole places like Lake Shasta City make up things like that.

Now, that the former skinhead/tough girl has become a self-styled “SuperMom”, those imaginary Hispanic girl- gangbangers are at it again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Do we know for certain there wasn't a ransom paid? Perhaps the condition of release was that if she disclosed details of any nature there would be severe retribution. Who knows.

From my amateur opinion and speculation armchair, I believe her 100%. She was found shackled, beaten, broken nose (I think?) and very malnourished. I think they kidnapped her thinking she was much younger and they could traffic her. I think given her age, etc., they opted for a ransom perhaps? I think she ultimately talked her captors in to letting her go. I don't think this was a small time organization, but a larger trafficking syndicate.

She is very, very lucky to be alive, but I suspect her persistent lobbying was ultimately why she was released.
I wish her and her family the very best, and that she has made progress in healing. What a survivor.
I'm sorry but I have a hard time reconciling the story of her being able to negotiate her release after slamming her captors head into a toilet. Her husband said that she would be home and day gone it, she was. ????????

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

I'm sorry but I have a hard time reconciling the story of her being able to negotiate her release after slamming her captors head into a toilet. Her husband said that she would be home and day gone it, she was. ????????

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

IMO of course it's hard to reconcile because it seems like a psychological issue - easier to imagine that she herself fought back than was helpless. And the similarity to the "skinhead"post is also hard to reconcile, as has been mentioned, since it supposedly wasn't written by her.

However if she planned this herself she didn't do it alone - shelter, food, hygiene, equipment, etc. She had help. But if she didn't and it was a case of trafficking by kidnapping without realizing her age, for instance, and then a "no questions asked" reward was offered then someone else negotiated her release. I have extreme reservations both ways but I doubt that a woman like her would agree to enduring those injuries and causing such concern and worry in her children for any reason whatsoever.

For now she's a victim no one can figure out, but someone knows - whoever helped or whoever negotiated.

JMO

Last edited:
Saw this horrible fire and couldn't figure out why Redding sounded so familiar. Then I remembered. I wonder if they are affected by this? Or did they leave the area? I don't remember.

Devastating fire sweeps into Redding; numerous homes lost, 1 dead

I recall that they bought the house they were living in that belonged to his parents. So presumably they are still there. However, the Mountain Gate area is about 12 miles north of Redding, so not in danger at the moment. It’s really awful for everyone though!

Quoting Tricia in the opening post, this caught my eye....

*You can discuss, like a mature person who is expressing their opinion in front of the whole Papini family, why you believe Sherri Papini is not telling the truth. A side note if you want I would love to read your theories on why the police are so adamant she is telling the truth.
underlined by me

My theory about why LE is “so adamant” SP is telling the truth is that they have no definitive evidence that she isn’t. So, as professionals they have to say they believe her and continue investigating. But I would not be surprised if they privately and individually have doubts that they cannot express publicly. If nothing else, they learned from the Denise Hutchins case that truth is stranger than fiction, so they need to keep their thoughts private.

The only way LE can express their possible thinking is to release information. A few of the recently released bits of information don’t really help enhance the public’s belief in SP’s story or move the investigation forward IMO. So why release them? If anything, they just put pressure on SP. Mentioning Michigan man’s texts and trip to SF implies an internet affair. Smashing the kidnapper’s head into the toilet brings up memories of the white pride blog post about heroically vanquishing Latinas. The invisible cut on SP’s foot undermines her credibility. Belatedly releasing the drawings of the two women and more info about their vehicle, and excusing the delay because of SP’s extreme memory issues, raises more doubts about her credibility. Even the video proves nothing except that SP ran to the Kingdom Hall from somewhere and then ran toward the freeway. None of this information moves the case forward IMO. It just puts SP under the public microscope again.

This is is why I do not think LE is “adamant that she is telling the truth.” They aren’t any more certain than we are IMO.

RBBM "A side note if you want I would love to read your theories on why the police are so adamant she is telling the truth."

My guess is because the details of SP "ordeal" are true; but it was orchestrated from the get go; and no, I'm not talking about Hispanics women with thin/thick eyebrows. Maybe that's why they are not "so adamant" on disclosing more information about evidence, POI's, etc; just "so adamant" on the fact that she is telling the truth: about the "ordeal"...

My position from day one and sticking to it. Almost two years since this weird/bizarre/ "kidnapping/release unsolved case... yet.

On the bright side, she is alive and with her family. I have faith that SCSO will solve this case and all the parties involved will be held accountable.

Just my opinion.

I was thinking of her when I saw the news of the fires but thought for sure this thread would be locked.

@Mosaic can you explain what you mean about this part

"My guess is because the details of SP "ordeal" are true"

I too believe it was all orchestrated, on her part. The hubby, not sure, actually i think not.

You know we need a kind of classics thread, this ones top for me. Of all the depraved horrible crap we read on here, this, well this..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper