Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if she was tasered? That could explain the lack of signs of a struggle, no matter where it happened.

I cannot wrap my head around no one having a camera with their security system. They are commonplace in my area and I don't live in a high crime area.

I got to thinking and in the description of her that day (which I am assuming came from the credible sightings of her) her hair was in a pony tail. I am trying to figure out how hair would have become tangled in the ear buds?

I cannot wrap my head around no one having a camera with their security system. They are commonplace in my area and I don't live in a high crime area.

There are cameras somewhere that they've looked at and they've said they haven't seen her on them, which is why I question if she jogged at all that day:
"After combing through surveillance video, the Shasta County Sheriff's office says there has been no sign of missing Shasta County mom, Sherri Papini since she vanished on Wednesday, November 2, 2016 while out for a run in the Mountain Gate area.

According to Shasta County Sheriff Tom Bosenko, law enforcement has been going through surveillance footage from homes and businesses in the area where Papini disappeared."
http://www.krcrtv.com/news/crime/sh...to-investigate-papini-disappearance/146261017

Also from the same article this makes me question whether she ever left the home to jog: "Her driver license, credit cards and cash were all left at home." When I jog/walk, I always take my driver's license for ID. Something for instance could have happened at the home and the perp(s) tossed the items when they were in their car at the intersection.

We have GOT to look at people with prior convictions! What was the motive? Let's just assume rape and look at recent attacks. I do think the senior attacked while walking on the river trail is a unique situation that should be considered. The incident at the college, absolutely. Then there is the possibility of some weird motive... maybe someone making a smut film or something like that. Or kidnapping for ransom. What has been going on in the area of late that could be connected.... maybe in red bluff or up in weed or Medford or out in humboldt county. Recently released rapist inmates from crescent city... there HAS to be something...

That last post was all over the place... start locally and hen expand and look for rapists or people who may have "gone off the deep end" recent personal problems, loss of job, rage...

In what situation would you ever need your ID?

There are cameras somewhere that they've looked at and they've said they haven't seen her on them, which is why I question if she jogged at all that day:
"After combing through surveillance video, the Shasta County Sheriff's office says there has been no sign of missing Shasta County mom, Sherri Papini since she vanished on Wednesday, November 2, 2016 while out for a run in the Mountain Gate area.

According to Shasta County Sheriff Tom Bosenko, law enforcement has been going through surveillance footage from homes and businesses in the area where Papini disappeared."
http://www.krcrtv.com/news/crime/sh...to-investigate-papini-disappearance/146261017

Also from the same article this makes me question whether she ever left the home to jog: "Her driver license, credit cards and cash were all left at home." When I jog/walk, I always take my driver's license for ID. Something for instance could have happened at the home and the perp(s) tossed the items when they were in their car at the intersection.

If she's found alive then the person who did this will be a hero for not killing her! Come forth!!!

I have never taken my ID with me while running. I have taken pepper spray, though.

I got to thinking and in the description of her that day (which I am assuming came from the credible sightings of her) her hair was in a pony tail. I am trying to figure out how hair would have become tangled in the ear buds?

I was wondering the same thing. I have long hair and would always wear it up while jogging, maybe not walking, but jogging yes. The only thing I can think of is maybe the hair was tangled in the earbuds before? However she seems like a type A and having hair in earbuds and not cleaning it out seems out of character for her.

I've always thought she was taken from the house but putting that aside, what if she fell or twisted an ankle. That road is gravel. She might have pulled off her earbuds in pain and set the phone down. Along comes a good Samaritan (not) that she recognizes from the area. He offers to drive her home and helps her up and into the car. She may not have remembered her phone.

Now it's a crime of opportunity. No struggle.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

In what situation would you ever need your ID?

An accident, for example. If you are injured on the side of the road and can't communicate with the medics...it could take a while to ID you and alert your family. I always carry ID, also.

I have been lurking and reading and want to jump in with a random thought here....

If it was Sherri's cheque book that was found nearby (no MSM link for this, but it has been discussed throughout this thread) then why did she leave her ID at home?
Most stores (in Canada, anyhow) require that you show two pieces of ID when you write a cheque.

...Back to lurking.

I used to have very long hair (until I got really tired of it) and it was everywhere, whether I wore it in a ponytail or down (the former being much more common.) To me, that's just what long strands of hair do: they get caught in stuff.

An accident, for example. If you are injured on the side of the road and can't communicate with the medics...it could take a while to ID you and alert your family. I always carry ID, also.

Definitely good practice! I will from now on.

I've always thought she was taken from the house but putting that aside, what if she fell or twisted an ankle. That road is gravel. She might have pulled off her earbuds in pain and set the phone down. Along comes a good Samaritan (not) that she recognizes from the area. He offers to drive her home and helps her up and into the car. She may not have remembered her phone.

Now it's a crime of opportunity. No struggle.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

I keep thinking she was taken from her home too. One reason is for the half wrapped present and the other is because of the scent dogs not picking up her scent. I'm not really trusting the last time people claim to have seen her. Do you know how many jogging females there are in California with long blonde hair, and tiny build? That's a stereotypical California girl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That last post was all over the place... start locally and hen expand and look for rapists or people who may have "gone off the deep end" recent personal problems, loss of job, rage...

I agree with the way you are thinking. It reminds me of how the profilers on Criminal Minds work!

I'm not sure how tangled they referred to, but depending on the style of ear buds, it's not that difficult especially with long hair. If you yank part of the cord when running or moving, it could get wrapped around your hair by your ear or in the ponytail. Her hair looked fairly long so I could see how it could get tangled especially if being pulled or ripped away. Sometimes my hand will come down on the part plugged into my phone or iPod and they come flying out of my ears with force greater than you'd think, while other times they just drop out of my ears. I could imagine if they were being forced off you that they could get tangled and caught. I'm not speculating or saying this happens every time to every person, but it is possible.

Also, as I've seen in other stories and local cases, sometimes what they release to the public can be true or not depending on if they have a lead. I know most of us know this from following other cases. Even though they "say" they didn't see her on any tapes or have more info doesn't mean thats exactly fact, especially if they're trying to investigate leads, know the perp is local, etc.

I know several of us here have followed the cases in Michigan and Ohio of recent missing women and the perps ( although it wasn't known at the time) were apart of the Facebook groups and search parties for the victims because for some sick reason that's what they do and LE usually assume that. Seems redundant but sometimes it's nice to remember things like this happen in other cases especially with how quiet I've heard updates have been out there. Just my thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member