Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When did Sherri leave Redding, and why ? When and why did she return there ? Early on a poster found many different locations in northern and southern California where she had lived. Where the children born in Redding ?

There was mention of SP being harassed earlier in the first thread I think. I wish we had more details about that.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
I'm sorry, I was mistaken. It was not reported she was harassed. It was reported that other occasions the PD were at the residence were not concerning.

Also went back and read..they first reported that several neighbors saw her walking or running @2PM. Then they reported late morning or early afternoon. We know her phone stopped at noon. She was reported as wearing a pink running shirt. Then they provided a picture of a gray running shirt with pink sleeves. Someone who saw her was confused or the reporters got it wrong.
The evidence shows she was out at noon so unless she left her phone and was walking later without it, "several neighbors" cannot be correct. I wish LE would release an official timeline.

Not sure if this helps in any way, but in their family picture the Papinis are wearing American flag tshirts, the kids holding flags; they are obviously very patriotic and this was known on their social media, correct?

I'm a tad creeped out re: "the pillow", ie the gift, wasn't it an American flag printed or embroidered pillow?

A flag as a gift can suggest a funeral. A partly wrapped flag. It's a stretch but could that be a jab at KPs patriotism and a threat to the wife,

Or did she make stuff like that a lot? See, i need detailslol.

I'm sorry, I was mistaken. It was not reported she was harassed. It was reported that other occasions the PD were at the residence were not concerning.

Also went back and read..they first reported that several neighbors saw her walking or running @2PM. Then they reported late morning or early afternoon. We know her phone stopped at noon. She was reported as wearing a pink running shirt. Then they provided a picture of a gray running shirt with pink sleeves. Someone who saw her was confused or the reporters got it wrong.
The evidence shows she was out at noon so unless she left her phone and was walking later without it, "several neighbors" cannot be correct. I wish LE would release an official timeline.

Me, too. Even if it's just "so and so allegedly saw her at ____ time".

she would have been seen unless she got a ride to bus station and there would've been sightings she's too noticable

Even famous people can go out undercover in disguise. Particularly with how she's been described with the big emphasis on the 'pink jacket,' she could have been seen by 100 people who didn't even realize it was her. A wig - which I can state for a fact she had as she's got one for sale - no make up, sunglasses and different clothes and she could render herself totally unrecognizable to anyone who wasn't up close to her and knew her well personally.

Might not have been her and might have been mistaken on the day if it was her routine.

No timeline for the first part of her day.

I don't know what to make of it all. Wish they'd make some sort of statement. The people living in that neighborhood must be feeling pretty uneasy right now if the general thought is stranger abduction.

Edited for typo
Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
I don't understand why they aren't saying who dropped the children at daycare that morning, and was it who normally did. Would be a good and obvious starting point as to how the day began.

I know that we have discussed and debated the meaning of her phone "losing connection" at noon but I am wondering if that means it was the last time she used her phone. Does it mean her phone was shut off at noon? Or her last communication was at noon? If the latter, then maybe that last communication was important.

I don't know the answer, but to add a bit more context and clarity to the LEO's response - it was given while on the field within about the first 18 hours of Sherri being reported as missing. The actual response given was, "The last we knew is that she was jogging on this road right here behind us and her cell phone connections went dead, you know, around noon. Um, she hadn't been seen from, from that time."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oU260uQH7o&feature=youtu.be

IMO, we should forget about the partially wrapped present. It is a red herring in our search for Sherri. Gets people off track every time it is mentioned.

IMO, we should forget about the partially wrapped present. It is a red herring in our search for Sherri. Gets people off track every time it is mentioned.

It's hard to toss it out. It's an unusual situation to have it partially wrapped. I know there is a myriad of reasons why it's only in process, none of them are "usual". I think it has to stay relevant.

I think LE can interview the children with out technically letting them know their mother is missing. They're very young. They already know she hasn't been around. We don't know what excuse they've been given, but I'm sure LE has forensic child psychologists that have talked with the children already. IMO it would be bad police work if they didn't.

Not much else to talk about :(
All we've got are a morning text, a cell with headphones and a few strands of hair near an intersection, credit cards left at home, and a partially wrapped gift.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Was KP in the military? If so, it would totally make sense if she made patriotic presents for him.

Has LE stated the last time anyone heard from Sherri? We know KP stated she sent a text to him at 10:37 a.m. because he's stated it and I'm sure LE has confirmed it, but has LE stated anything one way or another about that being the last communication she had with anyone?

IMO, it's going to be a long, long time (if ever) that we find out what happened to dear Sherri. There has been no "new" news in over a week - not from LE, not from family, not from friends. This case is dying a quiet death and it's a shame. Sherri seems to be a lovely soul and I really feel for her family. But I've come to the conclusion this case is cold and getting colder by the day. Like so many others we wonder about even years later. Sorry to be so gloomy, but we've been here dozens of times before. So many people are just...gone.

I am new new on here and have been following this entire forms. I am trying to understand the rules. I am sorry I have made mistakes. I guess I don't understand why some ppl can talk about possible POI but when I do it's wrong. I am hoping to figure out the mistake I am making.

He is family and is considered a victim unless specifically designated a POI or suspect by law enforcement. You're really not supposed to sleuth (except the person missing) or discuss the guilt of anyone that hasn't been named of interest, but especially family.

That makes it very clear to me. Thank you. I did not understand who fell into the victim category. I am clear now. Apologies again.

He is family and is considered a victim unless specifically designated a POI or suspect by law enforcement. You're really not supposed to sleuth or discuss the guilt of anyone that hasn't been named of interest, but especially family.

I am new new on here and have been following this entire forms. I am trying to understand the rules. I am sorry I have made mistakes. I guess I don't understand why some ppl can talk about possible POI but when I do it's wrong. I am hoping to figure out the mistake I am making.

Hi, JLM. Welcome to the forum! We all make mistakes at the beginning, don't worry about it. The "rule" you are violating is sleuthing the husband AFTER he has officially been cleared by LE. Once LE clears someone, you may not post anything accusatory or openly declare that that person may be involved. Now that LE has cleared the husband, he is officially (on Websleuths) a victim. And you may not accuse or bash a victim on this forum.

Hope that helps!

You're awesome, no worries. Welcome!!

Re: wether or not LE has visited with the kids.

I would bet $100 that they have. There are trained people who can talk with the kids and get the information they need without traumatizing the kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025